Rugby World Cup Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

Setanta's a great channel because they are the sole provider of televised Aussie Rules Football in this country or in the States (Though it's channel 154 on Shaw where I am. It's also on Bell, but the preview ended earlier by a day or two on that cable provider than the preview on Shaw.). Excellent stuff, I'm hooked on this sport. I always enjoyed seeing it when TSN used to show it back in the early 90's, and I'd very scarcely see it on TV since then. I have to order this channel because I haven't had the privilege of watching 3 AFL games a week until the past few days when I came across the channel, and that's a good fix for me. The playoffs just started, too. I saw a thriller of a game between the Hawthorn Hawks (of Melbourne) and the Adelaide Crows. Adelaide was up by as much as 30 points in the 1st or 2nd quarter. Hawthorn was creeping back the whole game but not quite able to get the lead as Adelaide kept holding them off. Then, Hawthorn finally got the lead with 10 minutes left in the 4th (they play 80 minute games). Adelaide took the lead back and it got frantic in the last few minutes. Hawthorn scored a goal with a minute left in injury time to win it and eliminate Adelaide for the year. The final score was Hawthorn 105, Adelaide 102. Exciting game. I can only imagine the tradition for that sport or rugby in Australia is akin to the CFL or NHL here in Canada. Setanta was still on as of after the game, even though it's not technically the 7th anymore.

Yeah, I might as well watch some rugby, too, especially since I'm getting that channel. It's a little slower than Aussie Rules, what with all the scrums, but it's a good game, nonethless. I can still get into it.
nelson95
Legend

USA loses only by 18 to defending champs England...

USA good or England not?

Though Italy would be better than that (lost by 62 to All-Blacks)

Canada will be in tough with Wallabies(88 pt advantage over Japan)
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Tighthead
Legend

England seems to be building as the event rolls on ...
nelson95
Legend

South Africa/England would end 6-3

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRING :sleep:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!