Alouettes vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Why did they line up in punt formation on the last play?
Big Time
Champion

I was stumped by that too. It had been pretty chippy in the last quarter so maybe they wanted different personnel on the field to try and avoid any needless confrontation.
Upper Bowl
Starter

I was perplexed by that also, but now I'm thinking they might have done it to put the ball in McCallum's hands to end the game, in honor of his 300th career game.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

There were 17 seconds left after the last play. I think the Lions were prepared for Montreal to call a timeout, forcing a punt. I dodn't know if they had a timeout left. They had called one a few plays earlier.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Attack the blitz with our anti blitz package.

Run the ball.

Blitz Marsh.
Good, solid anti blitz prep by JC. Being around as long as he has been, of course he knows how to do it. The question was whether he would do it.

The Als got two sacks, but it looked to me like we were very ready for their overloads at the LOS. Quick passes, et cetera.

We had Harris run 14 times. 68 yards. And we had some nice holes for him for a change.

I thought we had very good pressure on their QBs. 4 sacks and a lot of disruption.