Lions part ways with Casey Printers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

truth-hurts
Rookie

Toppy Vann wrote:truthHELPS... these players have all been public in their support of Printers... You need to do some reading.
Check out player reactions and listen to Geroy who is very conflicted but very careful as he was on radio and Jarius who says maybe this stuff by CP needed to be said. The video comments along with Angus Reid's comments are on TSN. .
Toppy Vann, I took the time to see the video on the players' reactions to Casey's departure on TSN. I appreciate the advice but after watching it I have no idea what you're referring to when you said that Jarious said the stuff by Casey needed to be said in the locker room. In his interview he actually said what HAPPENED in the locker room could have been seen as inappropriate and may be it was. He also said that sometimes a GOOD thing comes out of a BAD situation and that he doesn't know which way it's going to go in this situation. That's all he said. He never mentioned Casey saying anything in the locker room.

I don't know how you can take that out of context, among other people (Yes, Blitz, you are one of them) who have mentioned Jarious' interview to be supportive of Casey's outbreak in the locker room, and write that Jarious said something that he didn't say. He in fact sounded more like he was on the same page as Angus and Brent with their interviews. The BAD situation being Casey's negative energy he brought to the locker room and the GOOD thing being his departure for the good of the team.

So, like I was referring to when I was "calling out" Blitz in an earlier post, people just need to be careful what they write. Your reply to me is a prime example of what I am talking about. If I didn't point out that Jarious didn't say what you claimed he said on TSN then all of these readers may have assumed he was a supporter of Casey's actions in the locker room. And that, my fellow postee, didn't sit right with me. Jarious was not a supporter of Casey's antics in the locker room and has never claimed to be a strong advocator of his. Just ask him whenever you get the chance. I did.

I'm not on here to cause confrontation but when I read something that isn't true then I will call people out if necessary on the basis of untruths and ridiculous accusations on a topic I feel I am credited to do so.

PS. Thanx pennw for having my back. I appreciate your support.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

WOW. Like I made it all up.. whatever.

You sure you two aren't the same poster. You sure post quite a long post to justify yourself. Both are just a waste of time. You seem to have an agenda.

I posted impressions and opinions. You don't like it. Don't read it.

I aren't bothering to read the long diatribe you just posted so you wasted your time.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
pennw
Legend

Your welcome truth-hurts . Can't say much anymore as I've been warned by admin for my comments on the previous page .
D
Team Captain

pennw wrote:Your welcome truth-hurts . Can't say much anymore as I've been warned by admin for my comments on the previous page .
You can say whatever you like regarding the topic. what you can't do is name call other members and personal attacks on other members.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
pennw
Legend

D wrote:
pennw wrote:Your welcome truth-hurts . Can't say much anymore as I've been warned by admin for my comments on the previous page .
You can say whatever you like regarding the topic. what you can't do is name call other members and personal attacks on other members.
Which I did not do . The posts are all there on the previous page unedited for all to see . The only distorting of a name or coming close to name calling on that page is Toppy Vann when he addresses truth-hurts by calling him truth-helps . On the personal attacks front , where did I do that ? Toppy Vann on the other hand implies truth-hurts and I are one and the same poster to back my self up . That on the other hand I could see as being considered a libelous personal attack , was he warned too for that ? No , we are not the same poster and have never met either. So is that okay for him to do ?
pennw
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote: You seem to have an agenda.
The only agenda I have is to hold some one else to telling the truth , when I feel they aren't .Why does it seem so strange that some one else may feel the same way ?
As I see it , members of the Lions team get slandered and they are not at liberty to respond should they read it . Some times some very unfair comments are made about them and I stick up for them . If that offends posters here so be it . I'm loyal to the team before posters here.
We used to get players posting on the site , but it seems to me the last on to do so was Jiminez . Clermont used to , as did Marsh . What I wonder is , why don't they anymore ? Is it because the atmosphere is hostile toward them, and they are not at liberty to respond ? I see other fan sites get players still get player's posting . I think it sad they would not want to interact with fans anymore , but can understand why they don't with some of the things said about them .
truth-hurts
Rookie

Hey Toppy Vann, no reason to get all defensive! Is all your negative comments really necessary? Again, it seems like I struck a nerve. If you can't handle constructive criticism then I apologize for thinking you were mature enough to do so. If you can't understand that other people on this forum have the same right as you do to comment, question and dispute point of views without prejudice with other postees, then again, I apologize for even replying to your post about looking up the video clip on TSN.

What I find confusing is that YOU were the one that advised me to listen to the clip and when I couldn't find any reference to Jarious agreeing with what Casey said in the locker room, you got all upset. I never claimed you made it up. People make mistakes. Perhaps you should take a look at the clip yourself and see what I'm talking about before you go accusing me and pennw being the same person and us having an agenda.

Your reaction to my reply about Jarious' "needed to be said" video clip shows me that you're a person who is very sensitive to people calling you out. May be you should work on that as you, of all people, enjoy calling people out yourself. So, if you want people to respect your opinions, impressions, point of views and comments without them freaking out on you, then I suggest you do the same.

BTW I would like to clarify that pennw and I are not the same person. For those who feel because of my Rookie status I am not one to take seriously or believe I post things without true facts to back up my statements then I only have one thing to say to you all. Status doesn't mean squat. It's about what you know and who you know. That's all. On that note...happy posting!
Last edited by truth-hurts on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote: You seem to have an agenda.
The only agenda I have is to hold some one else to telling the truth , when I feel they aren't .Why does it seem so strange that some one else may feel the same way ?
As I see it , members of the Lions team get slandered and they are not at liberty to respond should they read it . Some times some very unfair comments are made about them and I stick up for them . If that offends posters here so be it . I'm loyal to the team before posters here.
We used to get players posting on the site , but it seems to me the last on to do so was Jiminez . Clermont used to , as did Marsh . What I wonder is , why don't they anymore ? Is it because the atmosphere is hostile toward them, and they are not at liberty to respond ? I see other fan sites get players still get player's posting . I think it sad they would not want to interact with fans anymore , but can understand why they don't with some of the things said about them .
I wish Jiminez still visited here. I would love for him to know exactly what I think of him, still
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
D
Team Captain

pennw wrote:
D wrote:
Which I did not do . The posts are all there on the previous page unedited for all to see
You did, You have been very confronatational to other posters ... I think you would agree this is the time of year were we need to pull together.

As for players posting here ... they have always come and gone depending how the team is doing. When the Lions are winning everyone is peaches n cream but when they are losing well nobody wants to read all the negativity. I can tell you many still lurk
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

truth-hurts wrote:Hey Toppy Vann, no reason to get all defensive! Is all your negative comments really necessary? Again, it seems like I struck a nerve.
Does this seem like your calling someone out? trying to create a disturbance? Dividing the troops? I'm going to let this one slide but c'mon man .... let it go!

Why are we even talking about CP? Seriously it's old news
I own The Grey Cup! .com
truth-hurts
Rookie

D wrote:
truth-hurts wrote:Hey Toppy Vann, no reason to get all defensive! Is all your negative comments really necessary? Again, it seems like I struck a nerve.
Does this seem like your calling someone out? trying to create a disturbance? Dividing the troops? I'm going to let this one slide but c'mon man .... let it go!

Why are we even talking about CP? Seriously it's old news
You ask why are we even talking about CP? Hmmmmm....may be because we're posting under the heading "Lions part ways with Casey Printers". Duh. As far as dividing the troops, that was already in the process earlier in the season after signing Casey. Funny how Casey's cancer-like persona not only spread in the Lions locker room but on here as well. Hasn't anybody noticed that?

Disturbances are being created because so many fans have their strong opinions of him and anything that is related to him that we all come across like bickering school kids. You are totally right, D, talking about CP is old news. But if you were following the last 2-3 pages the disturbance wasn't about CP. It all started because a comment was in question and I said that it wasn't true. I called out Blitz and Toppy Vann and that's how it all started. Anyway, found out the hard way that some people on here can't take constructive criticism and don't like to be called out even though the basis was to point out an error rather than to insult or discredit them. Oh, well. So much for learning from your mistakes. Apparently, mistakes are never made by people who are a part of this forum.
D
Team Captain

truth-hurts wrote:
D wrote:
truth-hurts wrote: You are totally right, D, talking about CP is old news. But if you were following the last 2-3 pages the disturbance wasn't about CP.
I'm not following along ... it is old news he's not here and he's not likely to come back. There are over 200 posts a day here and this isn't the only site like this I run so to be honest I can't read it all. The Disturbances are what I am trying to put a stop to so maybe you all can just agree to disagree and move forward, the Lions have :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am curious why you dont just lock this thread and tell the mods to keep it locked and not add further comment.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
D
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:I am curious why you dont just lock this thread and tell the mods to keep it locked and not add further comment.
I thought about that but it would likely carry over to other threads so let's just get it all sorted out .... and blame it on CP :tease:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
pennw
Legend

Perhaps you should start paying attention to Toppy Vann's posting too , as he's been extremely confrontational for years now .( just have a look at what he's posted so far in this thread even) Maybe you could give him his warning too then as I feel he personally has attacked me many times also , when I wasn't even addressing him .The disturbances aren't one sided .I'm just not as thin skinned as he is , to complain about it .
For my part , which did I do , call names ? If so where and what ? Or personally attack , if so how and exactly where ? I too , would like to move forward . I could add a whole lot more here but for now will just leave it at that .