Former Lion busted

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

smphantom
Legend

Keith Franklin, Linebacker played 14 games for BC 1999-2000:

Former CFL Player Arrested In Vancouver
VANCOUVER -- Residents of a luxury apartment building in Coal Harbour are in shock, after a young woman was brutal attacked and sexually assulted in her 25th floor apartment.

One resident, Estela Dosil, said she was home with a friend when her friend heard someone outside yell for help. When they opened the door, there was no one there.

Moments later there was more commotion when they opened the door to see three police men with guns drawn and they told them to close the door and stay inside.

Estela Dosil has lived in the building for 5 years and know's the victim. She says the victim is "a young girl, sweet, friendly and police...quite delightful."

According to witnesses a man who lived on the 18th floor entered the victims apartment armed with a knife. He assulted her before she managed to escape and call for help.

Witnesses say the police "pinned the man on the floor and shouting, screaming and kicking. They used those funny plastic ties...they took him away."

According to the concierge of the building a man by the name of Keith Franklin was arrested there Friday night.

The concierge comments, "and what's this Keith Franklin like? Big muscle guy very powerful guy."

Franklin's a former C-F-L player who spent two seasons with the B-C Lions. He only lived in the building for around 10 days and according to the concierge has now been evicted. Police say a 35 year old man who's identity has not yet been released has been arrested in the case and will appear in court this week.

Monday November 21, 2005
Stay thirsty my friends.
Photog
Legend

holy crappers. i know an ex-felion who lives on the 25th floor of a coal harbour apartment . . . . :shock:
The Official Has-Been.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Photog wrote:holy crappers. i know an ex-felion who lives on the 25th floor of a coal harbour apartment . . . . :shock:
should you be posting that info???
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Photog
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:should you be posting that info???
yeah, why not? what you gonna do with that info?
That's right. nothing.
update: it wasn't her.
:thup:
The Official Has-Been.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Photog wrote:
That's right. nothing.
dont know why you would ask what I would do with that info. Was just thinking that there are lots of twits out there that would make misuse of knowing where any felion lives, past or present. Keith Franklin is not the only loonie in the bin.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Photog
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:Was just thinking that there are lots of twits out there that would make misuse of knowing where any felion lives, past or present.
appreciate your caution, but the implication is highly unlikely, as I did not post a name, or even year that she was a Felion. I've been shooting for the lions since 98, so i would know more ex felions than many guys know women . . . . :twisted:
The Official Has-Been.
smphantom
Legend

Busted AGAIN! :no:
DELTA, B.C. - A former B.C. Lions player convicted of sexual assault has been arrested in Delta on weapons charges.

Police say 37-year-old Keith Franklin was taken into custody along with 29-year-old Curtis Coleman after a police officer stopped a car being driven in a suspicious manner and found a cache of weapons and ammunition that including 11 guns.

The two men are charged with various weapons offences, including possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon.

The American-born Franklin spent seven months in jail earlier this year after being convicted of sexually assaulting a woman at knifepoint in her Vancouver apartment in 2005.

He was on a crack cocaine binge at the time of the attack and his victim escaped by fleeing naked into the hallway.

Franklin was the Lions' captain of the defence in 1999 and 2000.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Photog wrote:
That's right. nothing.
good thing shes ok!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
rb
Champion

"The American-born Franklin spent seven months in jail earlier this year after being convicted of sexually assaulting a woman at knifepoint in her Vancouver apartment in 2005."

Nice to see that our criminal justice system punishes knifepoint rapes appropriately. :? :x :thdn:
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Good grief, this is just disgusting! A drugged up rapist who owns 11 (that we know of) guns. Lock this guy up, pronto!
Ravi
Legend

The 1999 Lions, as good as they were on the field, certainly had some players fighting their own personal demons, didn't they (see Todd Marinovich, Moe Elewonibi and Keith Franklin)?
Dan Russell
Legend

rb wrote:"The American-born Franklin spent seven months in jail earlier this year after being convicted of sexually assaulting a woman at knifepoint in her Vancouver apartment in 2005."

Nice to see that our criminal justice system punishes knifepoint rapes appropriately. :? :x :thdn:

I am surprised he got 7 months with our legal system. It is a safe bet he won't make any all time Lions team or attend a charity event excluding his community service.