Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

3rd Down

Surrey lioness wrote:
notahomer wrote: I just couldn't justify the cash for the Grey Cup game. I think I'll catch it at home and buy season tickets again next year!!!
Good idea!! but seeing is this will be my first attended grey cup game.(wasn't allowed to go to the '94 game due to my mothers fears of a riot similar to the stanley cup riots etc..) I WILL GET TO THAT GAME!!! lol
Grey Cup riots! ... that's pretty funny considering Grey Cup "weeks" are probably the most friendly situtations in our country ...

...altho there was lots of trouble in the old days .... especially in th '60s ... on Georgia Street it was not uncommon to witness dozens of busted hotel windows ... mybe your Mother remembered that???
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

on Georgia Street it was not uncommon to witness dozens of busted hotel windows
Did they catch you :lol:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
3rd Down

KnowItAll wrote:
on Georgia Street it was not uncommon to witness dozens of busted hotel windows
Did they catch you :lol:
...almost .... some of my friends were 'detained' ... and late for the Saturday parade! :)
Surrey lioness
Starter

3rd Down wrote:
Grey Cup riots! ... that's pretty funny considering Grey Cup "weeks" are probably the most friendly situtations in our country ...

...altho there was lots of trouble in the old days .... especially in th '60s ... on Georgia Street it was not uncommon to witness dozens of busted hotel windows ... mybe your Mother remembered that???
Possibly, she used to be a Lions fan... way back when....
I know I'm not purrfect, but I'm Canadian....which is close enough.
Steve the Club
prospect

Howdy all.

I've been a lurker (and occasional poster) over at 13thman and Ourbombers for a while now and this site has come up enough that I thought I'd take at look at'er for myself. If it turns out to be anywhere near as good as its reputation I've no doubt you all will have to put up with this Bomber fan for a while.

As for this Bomber fan, I'm a 23 year-old student at the U of M. I'm almost done my social work degree and have already done a B.A.(hons) in psychology. During regular session I don't have too much time to do much else; but of course, time is always made for football. A few friends and I have been Bomber season ticket holders since we've been going to university; this coming season will be our sixth (or is it seventh?). Anyway, looking forward to this season, both on and off the field.
TROOPER

Welcome Steve,

I can't wait until the 2006 Grey Cup, was in Winnipeg back in 98 with a bunch of friends for our first Cup. We were all 18 at the time so it was nice to be of legal age for a week before having to return to BC's rules. :beer:
Steve the Club
prospect

Thanks, good to be here.

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Grey Cup here too. We're even thinking about coming down for the Grey Cup (this year is Vancouver, right?), but I'm not sure if my wallet is going to agree to that. No doubt we'll be there when it's here though.
Quesdad
Champion

I am 56 years young, married, with too many kids but, they are all out on their own. We live in Prince George, and have had several season tickets for some years. Have had tickets in section 17 but, LFITQ has needed them each game. This changes in 2005!!! Besides its my fault introducing him to the Lions before he could stand, and not being able to ween him off of it!!!!
Anyways great site , even greater bunch of people , thankyou for letting "dad" join with you over the years and I look forward to even more in 2005!!!
3rd Down

Kewl ... and welome Qs-Dad

...pretty tough to get "age respect" on here tho ... LOL!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I am 56 years young
Nice to see our generation on board. freedom 55 works for me. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
MacNews
Team Captain

3rd Down wrote:Kewl ... and welome Qs-Dad

...pretty tough to get "age respect" on here tho ... LOL!
Agreed, especially with young whippersnappers like me being all uppity. :wink:
D
Team Captain

especially with young whippersnappers like me being all uppity.
You baggy pants gangster :wag:
:lol:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
King_Joe

Ahoy there

I've been a member here for awhile throwing in my 2 cents on the occasional topic and figured an introduction is long overude. I'm a 19 year old student going to SAIT in Calgary but my home is back in Grand Forks BC (small town on the us border 2 hours east of kelowna). I usually go to 2 or 3 Lions games a year whether they be in Van or Calgary. Big fan though and follow everything.
I am so impressed with this website and the amount of info you can get from the people on here there are so many people in the know here and it's the best place to get info on anything to do with the Lions. Hopefully gonna make it down to for the GC and am looking forward to next season
12+82=7
prospect

hi everyone,

i'm a 37 yr old father of 3 who has been a season ticket holder for the last 15 yrs with my best friend. i've been enjoying this sight for last couple of months now, some really good discussions. looking to contribute when i get the chance
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

What a great handle, 12+82=7! Don't let Ritch know you're here though. :twisted: Welcome.