Touchdown Pacific in Victoria 2024

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm
Apparently CHEK TV in Victoria offered pre-sale opportunities for 2 days last week. In the email that advised me of my seat location there was a link to buy additional seats. Supposedly it was good until the 29th but when I click on it I'm being told there are no seats available. Could it already be sold out?
I had the same result when I went to buy an additional seat. I suspect it was not set up to recognize me as a STH. I phone my rep and arranged an extra seat directly through him. I don't think it is already sold out, but only 14,000 seats likely means it will be.
maxlion
Legend

There was a "CFL member" presale today. I didn't know I was a CFL member but it is lucky I am because there were very few tickets remaining. I managed to get 3 next to each other. Otherwise there were only singles left. If that is truly all that is left, there will be slim pickings when sales officially open on Thursday.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

maxlion wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:44 pm
There was a "CFL member" presale today. I didn't know I was a CFL member but it is lucky I am because there were very few tickets remaining. I managed to get 3 next to each other. Otherwise there were only singles left. If that is truly all that is left, there will be slim pickings when sales officially open on Thursday.
I don't know if it applies in this case but I've noticed when looking at presales for concerts such as the BC Lions presale offered for Guns N Roses back in October the available tickets are scattered and do not represent the total inventory that will be available when sales officially open. There could be 3000 seats not yet sold but for say the CFL Member presale there might only be 15% of that inventory available in scattered preset locations across the various price levels. In other words the different presales, be they the CHEK-TV presale or CFL Member presale, will be allocated a small collection of the total available inventory. The presales don't open up and make the entire inventory available for purchase, only pre-selected seats.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Touchdown Pacific officially sold out less than an hour after public ticket sales opened this morning.
maxlion
Legend

I’m glad I grabbed some seats when I did. It should be a blast. For anyone coming from out of town, I wouldn’t recommend driving to the game. The streets around there are not designed for high levels of traffic. It’s not far from downtown or bus routes though.
don corleone
Starter

Nice to see the enthusiastic response to ticket sales but I can't se the advantage for the Lions when they could have sold 10,000 more tickets hosting the game at B.C. Place. Willing to let the accountants figure it out though and happy for the people of Vancouver Island.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

don corleone wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am
Nice to see the enthusiastic response to ticket sales but I can't se the advantage for the Lions when they could have sold 10,000 more tickets hosting the game at B.C. Place. Willing to let the accountants figure it out though and happy for the people of Vancouver Island.
I think supply and demand worked in the Lions' favour for this event. The Redblacks are a tough sell at B.C. Place. With limited supply in Victoria, the Lions put a premium price on tickets. I'm not going to the game so I gave back my two tickets, which cost $25 each as a season ticketholder. The minimum ticket price in Victoria was $44, so the Lions nearly doubled their money by reselling them on a single-game basis.
David
Team Captain

don corleone wrote:
This game has very little to do with revenue. It's about the Lions' brand expanding its reach and building a fan base on the Island, with the league likely gauging the temperature for expansion.

If we're being honest, the Ottawa game would be a tough sell at BCP. Probably 16K - 17K paid so I don't think Doman is losing all that much.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

don corleone wrote:
There's probably a lot mor e to the equation than simply numbers of tickets. I didn't see what the price of my seats would be to know what sort of premium a non-ST hiolder would pay vs me. City of Victoria is likely subsidizing much of the costs. And who knows how things like concessions and other revenue generating opportunities might be available to the Lions versus paying rent to Pavco for the game. I don't know how the contract works with Pavco and if the Lions get a cut of concessions but could be they get a bigger piece of the action with this game. One thing for sure they will sell a ton of TD Pacific merch that they otherwise wouldn't if there was no game.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
don corleone
Starter

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am
I think supply and demand worked in the Lions' favour for this event. The Redblacks are a tough sell at B.C. Place. With limited supply in Victoria, the Lions put a premium price on tickets. I'm not going to the game so I gave back my two tickets, which cost $25 each as a season ticketholder. The minimum ticket price in Victoria was $44, so the Lions nearly doubled their money by reselling them on a single-game basis.
Understates the value of your season ticket to be paying $25 per game for such an exciting sport as CFL football. It's almost too cheap not to go and there is nothing like being at the game. Balanced by your travel requirements no doubt.

My thinking is a full stadium creates excitement in itself so keep prices down and interest up. They won't tell us the numbers but single game betting combined with increased exposure can be a signifcant revenue generator on its own.

As for TD Pacific it should be a blast. Maybe we get to see a streaker which makes me wonder if the original streaker didn't happen at a Lions game. Some of those people attending might buy playoff tickets. A winning season is the secret ingredient.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have released extra end-zone seats for Touchdown Pacific in the VIP zone and party zone.

https://www.bclions.com/touchdown-pacific/