Leos/Stamps Post Game Thoughts

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:59 pm
One thing that is of concern is injuries to NATs. Chances of Jack Hinsperger playing after that hellacious collision with Logan can't be good. Hinsperger has been playing well in special teams coverage. If both he and Hladik can't suit up that's 2 NAT LBs out with limited options on who to suit up. All they have on the PR is OL Tyler Packer and FB Dylan St.Pierre. Keinan Lafrance is on the 1G, presumably as a healthy scratch with Nathan Cherry and Daniel Petermann are on the 6G.

Brooks Parker who is the only defensive player on the PR could help with LB depth and maybe play teams but again there aren't many options to make a spot for him. Tuehema coming off suspension will likely push Marcus Moore back to the PR or 1G.
I wish we had kept National Keiran Burnham on the PR. I would seriously consider swapping him for Flintoft as he can punt and handle kick-offs (has a powerful leg as I recall). The only issue is Flintoft is our holder and I am not sure I want to mess with that, although there is potentially a week of practice to work with our backup holder (Dane Evans?).

I am concerned about Flintoft's consistency. It seems that in nearly every game, a punt is sailing off the side of his foot or a kick-off goes out-of-bounds. If you're an American punter, you'd better be a cut about a National/Global and I am not seeing it with him on a consistent enough basis.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:43 am
Hambone wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:59 pm
One thing that is of concern is injuries to NATs. Chances of Jack Hinsperger playing after that hellacious collision with Logan can't be good. Hinsperger has been playing well in special teams coverage. If both he and Hladik can't suit up that's 2 NAT LBs out with limited options on who to suit up. All they have on the PR is OL Tyler Packer and FB Dylan St.Pierre. Keinan Lafrance is on the 1G, presumably as a healthy scratch with Nathan Cherry and Daniel Petermann are on the 6G.

Brooks Parker who is the only defensive player on the PR could help with LB depth and maybe play teams but again there aren't many options to make a spot for him. Tuehema coming off suspension will likely push Marcus Moore back to the PR or 1G.
I wish we had kept National Keiran Burnham on the PR. I would seriously consider swapping him for Flintoft as he can punt and handle kick-offs (has a powerful leg as I recall). The only issue is Flintoft is our holder and I am not sure I want to mess with that, although there is potentially a week of practice to work with our backup holder (Dane Evans?).

I am concerned about Flintoft's consistency. It seems that in nearly every game, a punt is sailing off the side of his foot or a kick-off goes out-of-bounds. If you're an American punter, you'd better be a cut about a National/Global and I am not seeing it with him on a consistent enough basis.

DH :cool:
I would definitely like to see the Lions bring in Burnham or another national punter/kicker next year. He looked good in training camp and could eventually fill all kicking roles if needed. Burnham was briefly picked up by Ottawa in September after the Lions released him but I believe he is a free agent. Having a national punter could allow the Lions to dress a backup American running back, something they've sorely lacked in recent years.