Ottawa @ BC Sept 16, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

How the hell did they win. I'll take it
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was a fun ending. It’s never over until it’s over.
Rammer
Team Captain

I wonder how many fans left before the end of the game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

So I hope Phillips isn't happy. That D needs a lot of work
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Not kicking a FG late in the game was still the wrong call. The Lions wouldn't have needed that final TD if they had not gambled earlier.
tedbear
Starter

Rammer wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:09 pm
Didn’t deserve that win, but two points is two points.
You are correct but good teams do it all the time. When WInnipeg does it everyone praises them for being great and they would rave about how Collaros came back from throwing 3 interceptions.

We have a quarterback who we can win with, does he make mistakes? Yes. But he never gives up and like I have said before the team believes in him.

On another note when a team continues to blow games at the end on offense and defense it comes down to bad coaching decisions. Bob Dyce is a great guy but one of the worst head coaches ever.

He co tines to make bonehead moves at the end of every game to prevent his team from winning. He had NO chance on that last challenge and waisted a timeout that he could have used on that last series.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:15 pm
I threatened. But I didn’t.

Not sure what to make of this.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:15 pm
I know my wife didnt. Never does.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
johnchow604
Rookie

Lions barely beat the worst team in the league at home. Bit envious of the Riders and Esks new found QB prodigies.
tedbear
Starter

johnchow604 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:33 pm
Lions barely beat the worst team in the league at home. Bit envious of the Riders and Esks new found QB prodigies.
Envious Why? We need good quartsrbacks in this league. I have concerns about Fords ability to read a defence. Outstanding athlete but has been playing the Canadian game for awhile and still relies too much on his feet. Only a matter of time before he sustains another injury.

Dolegola has promise but neither are even close to the quarterback we have. VA is a leader and all he does is win games. He is up there in the top 2 in passing yards, but a lot of people just want to point out his deficiencies.
Walt67
Starter

Leading up to the final Lions TD I yelled throw it to Whitehead and - zing - there it was.
Lucky looked about 3 seasons younger today - it had to be his best game in a long while. Maybe it was because his mother was in the stands (she should attend every game - home and away). With his injuries and the strength of the other receivers I thought No. 7's time here might be done - but now I'm happily not so sure.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Walt67 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:31 pm
Leading up to the final Lions TD I yelled throw it to Whitehead and - zing - there it was.
Lucky looked about 3 seasons younger today - it had to be his best game in a long while. Maybe it was because his mother was in the stands (she should attend every game - home and away). With his injuries and the strength of the other receivers I thought No. 7's time here might be done - but now I'm happily not so sure.
I was saying to my buddy after Lucky's 3rd or 4th catch that he must have fantasies of VA hitting him in the chest with a pass while he's still fully upright or in stride. He was have to dig everything up from down around his shoelaces.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Slipping under the radar was Adrian Greene with 3 special teams tackles in the first half alone and a fourth in the second half.
Walt67
Starter

Hambone wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:37 pm
Walt67 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:31 pm
I was saying to my buddy after Lucky's 3rd or 4th catch that he must have fantasies of VA hitting him in the chest with a pass while he's still fully upright or in stride. He was have to dig everything up from down around his shoelaces.
Yes, totally - it was his first or second snag of the day and Lucky had to extend himself to the ground for about a 7-yard gain. Interesting someone pointed out that when the Bombers win this kind of game they are called resilient and when the Lions do it is lucky. Still, after the Ti-Cats loss this was grim - and even though my wife is sick of me talking about it - I keep lamenting the running game (though the receiver sweeps were good).
Hambone
Hall of Famer

What really concerns me about BC's defense is how soft they are defending stuff out in the flats. I noticed that when I was out in Montreal too. Want to move the ball against them well just let things develop slowly and either run the ball that way or have a receiver slide out there. Guaranteed there will be no BC defender within 10 yards.