Lions open upper deck for Saskatchewan game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

$30 to sit row 1 upper deck midfield. Damn.
(Vancouver)- With a 4-1 record and purrfect 2-0 mark at home so far in 2023, the BC Lions announced today that upper bowl seating has been opened for Saturday’s Watermelon Smash against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Kickoff at Save-On-Foods Field at BC Place is 4:00 pm.

“The interest and buzz for tickets has significantly grown week-by-week, which has given us reason to open the upper bowl for a second time this season,” said Lions president Duane Vienneau.

“We also have a few exciting initiatives planned around the Watermelon Smash that will be rolled out in the next day or so. It is shaping up to be an excellent afternoon in downtown Vancouver.”

The Saturday fun begins with our Backyard Party presented by PlayNowSports at 11:00 am. Fans 19 and over can enjoy Molson Coors beverages for only $5 with plenty of activity planned for fans of all ages.

Upper bowl tickets start at only $25 for adults while youth 17 and under can secure their tickets for only $10.
Jazzman
prospect

That is a bargain .
almo89
Legend

Those upper deck sideline seats are such a steal.
David
Team Captain

Similar to the last home game, the Lions are offering their season seat holders the opportunity to purchase up to 4 seats for $15 each. These are upper deck only (last home game was $10 and anywhere in the stadium, but still a great bargain and incentive for us to bring our friends). :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:07 am
Similar to the last home game, the Lions are offering their season seat holders the opportunity to purchase up to 4 seats for $15 each. These are upper deck only (last home game was $10 and anywhere in the stadium, but still a great bargain and incentive for us to bring our friends). :thup:

I paid $35 for the home opener, 40 yard line, 1st row, upper deck. At the time I thought that the Lions selling seats that cheap might really tick off the season ticket holders who pay full price and commit to an entire season. However, offering 4 really cheap tickets to season ticket holders for their friends is brilliant marketing as it addresses ST holders' concerns and also benefits the team by getting more folks in the stands. :yahoo:
Foxhound
Starter

I'm more interested in which player will start for the Lions at RB - Taquan Mizzell or Shaun Shivers.

:juggle:
Radically Canadian!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Foxhound wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:04 am
I'm more interested in which player will start for the Lions at RB - Taquan Mizzell or Shaun Shivers.

:juggle:
Rick Campbell said Wednesday that Shivers is expected to start but Mizzell has made good progress in his recovery and the team might use both in a future game.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Anyone wanting lower priced tickets might want to check out Travelzoo Canada's top 20 for July 19.

https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/

The tickets on Ticketmaster that go for $25 + $6 = $31 go for $23 + 1 = $24.

They're available for other games too.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

Over 25,000 expected for tomorrow's game according to J.J. Adams in The Province. Is that good? I don't know anymore. If I am being honest, I would have expected something closer to 30,000 for the Riders, but realize it's a slow build from where we were in pre-Doman 2021.

What we don't know is how attendance would be boosted if the Riders were fielding a healthy, top-tier team (e.g., some Rider fans may be less enthusiastic about seeing their club take the field without Harris at QB). I also don't know if the 4:00pm starts help the Leos. I can't help think that a 7:00pm start would be better for them, at the very least in the warm summer months.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

4:00pm is probably a blessing this weekend David. Doesn't the Festival of Light fireworks thing go tomorrow night?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The 4 p.m. summer starts are still an experiment. As an Interior fan, I like the opportunity to drive down and back in one day or take the team charter bus, as I did for the playoff game last year. But summer games have always been a tough sell in this market, especially in warm, sunny weather. Unfortunately, the final three home games in the fall are on Friday nights, which are the toughest to get to for suburban and out-of-town fans.

As former team president Rick LeLacheur said half-jokingly a couple of years ago, the ideal Lions schedule would have all home games on Saturdays after Labour Day. This year’s schedule is about as far as possible from that ideal scenario.
David
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:30 pm
4:00pm is probably a blessing this weekend David. Doesn't the Festival of Light fireworks thing go tomorrow night?
Yes, absolutely right Hambone. I recall in past years the Leos have gone head-to-head with the fireworks. And Molson Indy. Disaster.

The Blue Jays at Mariners Saturday will likely cost the club a few hundred fans too.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I'm thinking TSN likes the 4pm start for their eastern TV audience.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:31 am
True, but the tradeoff is the loss of viewers in the strong B.C. market. I doubt that many people in B.C. pause their normal activities at 4 p.m. on a sunny Saturday afternoon to watch TV. Evenings are always prime time.
David
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:31 am
I'm thinking our Eastern opponents do too!

Roar, You Lions, Roar