TSN CFL Fantasy!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Foxhound
Starter

So Greg Ellingson and Darvin Adams still seem to have it despite their changes in team. But will Kenny Lawler now pick up where he left off last season?

And will Lucky Whitehead and Bryan Burnham continue to put up stellar numbers for the Lions now that Mike Reilly has hung up the cleats?

I for one am excited at the prospect of the Lions going with two Canadians at QB - Nathan Rourke and Michael O'Connor. It's also nice to see that Rourke was born in Victoria and that O'Connor (who actually looked particularly good in pre-season) attended a Canadian university right here at UBC!

:mac:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Alputt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:41 pm
I will be… had no picks in the MTL vs CAL game though.
Are you a member of any sub Leagues?

:hmm:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

I always find trying to pare my picks of WR's in Fantasy down to three frustrating given that more often than CFL teams play with one set back and five receivers these days. I'm therefore suggesting that Fantasy up the number of WR slots to three so that Fantasy participants would with this suggested change select an eight position lineup:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
FLEX
Defence

Such a change might perhaps prompt an increase in the salary cap to $50,000. The changes required in the Fantasy program would nonetheless be minimal.

Thoughts?

:juggle:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Well I'm up to #35 in the CFL Fantasy standings after just seven weeks so I'm off to a pretty good start. With the increase in the price of many of my go-to picks, I've had to hold my nose and make some truly reprehensible picks this week because that's where the best relative values lie. We'll see how that goes for me.

:popcorn:
Last edited by Foxhound on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

Foxhound wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:16 pm
Well I'm up to #35 in the CFL Fantasy standings after just seven weeks so I'm off to a pretty good start . With the increase in the price of many of my go-to picks, I've had to hold my nose and make some truly reprehensible picks this week because that's where the best relative values lie. We'll see how that goes for me.

:popcorn:
Well done!!!

I'm maintaining my All- BC Lions picks and cruising along in 3615th place.....
Foxhound
Starter

Well with an all-Lions strategy, if all the cards fall in place for you as well they might have done in the first three games you'd have some chance of winning a week. You have zilch chance of doing well in the standings for the season though.

:ref:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

I'll spare you any rants with respect to the changes that have been made in CFL Fantasy for 2023. I'll just say that I wish they'd left well enough alone since I was quite comfortable playing Fantasy the way it was. Moreover I've had to re-create the Leagues that may have been of interest to Lion fans and certain other CFL supporters:

Willie the Wisp - League Pin Code WPFYRMKD (For fans of Willie Fleming.)

Ol' Spaghetti Legs - League PIN Code 69ZQFXBJ (For fans of Jackie Parker.)

London Lords - League PIN Code ACONDI12 (For CFL fans with a sentimental attachment to London, Ontario.)

Balticboys - League PIN Code YWE4UGJB (For CFL fans of Baltic ancestry/descent.)

Sorry no avatars yet but here is the link to join any of these Leagues:

Join a League

:mac:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

I absolutely hate and despise the double points for your Captain feature. That means one pick will be the difference between a fabulous week and an absolutely pathetic week. One pick! That introduces a very strong additional random element to scoring. It's a feature that hurts the hardcore stat junkie player to whom Fantasy is a marathon and is designed to reward the casual dilettante who's even more likely to luck into one big week which will land the dilettante into the very inappropriately named Champions League. Even in past years weekly winners were very rarely among the really good players based on full season standings. There's going to be even more variability this year so last week's cellar dweller will be even more likely to emerge as this Week's winner.

Since I'm one of those hardcore stat junkie players, the additional random element will make it much tougher for me to excel. Here I've been looking forward to CFL Fantasy for a couple of months now and the League gives me the back of its hand - again!

:sigh:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Speaking of the CFL Game Zone, I've very much enjoyed Blitz Picks since it was launched in the second half of the season last year. And with the increase in the number of questions from eight to ten this year, it's even more fun!

:good:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So the idiots at "Genius" Sports have still not given the B.C. Lions Defence ten points for shutting out the Elks. I'm sick to death of their mistakes and sloppiness.

:crow:
Radically Canadian!
Alputt
Champion

I thought there was supposed to be a shutout bonus! Seemed lame Lions D only earned 5 pts in a historic shutout.
Alputt
Champion

I forgot all about blitz picks this week...
KnightofCydonia
Starter

Alputt wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:34 pm
I thought there was supposed to be a shutout bonus! Seemed lame Lions D only earned 5 pts in a historic shutout.
I think the numbers aren't updated yet, or it's broken - the scoring rules say a shutout is worth 10 pts! The 5 pts seems to only be counting the 1 sack (1 pt) and 2 fumble recoveries (2 pts each).

I picked the Lions for D so hoping it updates...
Foxhound
Starter

I've already sent "Genius" Sports an email lambasting them for not just failing to award the Lions' Defence with the additional ten points but for their overall sloppiness. Some of you fellows should do the same.

Moreover in the Scoring section I don't actually see any provision for a Defence being awarded six points for a TD. I don't know if the provision is still there or not.

One other detail with respect to scoring this year. Points are not prorated for Passing Yards. If a QB passed for 320 yards last year, Fantasy participants with that QB would have earned 12.8 points. This year it's just 12.0. That's bad.

:ref:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

The problem is that some imbecile at "Genius" Sports thinks that a dash is equivalent to a 0 in the Points Allowed column but of course they're not the same. And nobody at "Genius" Sports cares enough about their contract to run CFL Fantasy to actually play CFL Fantasy.

It is to scream.

:bang:
Radically Canadian!