83%

Total votes: 12
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 pm
Hazmat wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:32 pm
haha they stole it bigger than dallas. mail in ballots? give me a break. passing laws letting illegals voting? dead people voting? what a laugher
If true Trump would have to be very incompetent.
But it's not true ..... fact is ... :spoken:
If the Dems stole the election for President in 2020 where there is apparently one long ballot for voting then why wouldn't the Dems ensure they had a bigger majority in both the Senate and the House? The US unlike Canada doesn't run a single federal election.

How stupid would they be to elect Biden with no clear Senate majority and no one branch of gov't able to govern without the other! LOL

Now the US has shanigans in the 1960 election where dead people voted for LBJ and Kennedy and Cook Country (controlled by Mayor Richard Daley) votes helped JFK become President. The Florida hanging chads defeating Al Gore in 2000 was less cheating than the right politics in their courts favouring Bush Jr.

Those of us in countries with the Westminster parliamentary system of government should be eternally grateful for what we have.

Also we have courts which aren't political or judges elected and where since the retirement of Supreme Court of Canada Chief Justice Madame Justice Beverley McLachlin few of us can name a single justice nor a case that went before that court where people feared a political decision.

The closest we came to a political perspective on the Supreme Court of Canada was then Justice Minister Jody Wilson Raybould wanting the right of the Minister only to appoint SCC Justices and in this case a very Conservative judge from Manitoba as Chief Justice! Astute sources suggest that was why PM Trudeau wanted to move her to an Indigenous portfolio more than her unwillingness to get an outside legal opinion as to whether SNC Lavalin should be given the safe harbour provisions that were in law in the USA and UK where if you self report crimes as did SNC Lavalin, you can avoid full out prosecution. Raybould-Wilson refused that request.

I felt that on the SNC Lavalin case as a citizen who knows a bit about this that the Justice Minister should have had someone like former Chief Justice McLachlin express an opinion that SNC be given safe harbour but still be subject to penalties. If the outside says NO, never, don't do it, then Quebec knows you tried and it was wrong. Not a scandal here at all.

During my executive years when an internal lawyer in my view was going beyond their role seemingly to box in our actions, I just went outside to get more favourable legal advice and acted on that. Note I didn't say a legal opinion here. Just needed to know that I had a solid position that I was acting within the law. This means that the issue is complex and only a court of law could determine which side was right.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy