2022 CFL Week 20

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

What a terrific ending to a game that was handed to the Stamps when Lemon recovered a fumble and the Stamps pushed it in for a TD. But TiCats came back with some big catches by White with 11 seconds left.

I had pretty well thought the Stamps would take the win..... sure am glad I stuck with the game till the end....

Make our Saturday game more important..... and the Edmonton game too.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:51 pm
Hamilton did the Lions a huge favour Friday night, winning a wild see-saw game in Calgary 35-32. The Lions now need any combination of two wins or two Calgary losses to clinch second place.
Or one BC win and one Calgary loss. Magic number is 2; any combination of BC wins and Calgary losses adding up to 2 and BC Place hosts the WSF. Given Hamilton was winless on the road in 2022 and hadn't won in Calgary since the F-Troop days and Matt Dunigan as Stamps HC this result was shocking.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Close games are Calgary’s trademark. Ten of their 16 games have been decided by 7 points or less. The Stamps are 4-6 in those close games, with the first 5 losses coming at the hands of Winnipeg and B.C. Both overtime games in the CFL this year involved the Stamps. They beat Hamilton 33-30 in Week 2 and lost to B.C. 31-29 in Week 15.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:20 pm
Close games are Calgary’s trademark. Ten of their 16 games have been decided by 7 points or less. The Stamps are 4-6 in those close games, with the first 5 losses coming at the hands of Winnipeg and B.C. Both overtime games in the CFL this year involved the Stamps. They beat Hamilton 33-30 in Week 2 and lost to B.C. 31-29 in Week 15.
They're just 4-4 at McMahon with all close losses as you mentioned BC FAN. A huge result for the Lions and their quest to host their first home playoff game since 2016. Ideally, win tonight and next Friday in Edmonton then make the season finale in Winnipeg irrelevant.

Farhan saying a number of Calgary players have indicated they rather play at BC Place anyways. Hopefully it will be Rourke they are dealing with this time.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Dusty wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:57 pm
What a terrific ending to a game that was handed to the Stamps when Lemon recovered a fumble and the Stamps pushed it in for a TD. But TiCats came back with some big catches by White with 11 seconds left.

I had pretty well thought the Stamps would take the win..... sure am glad I stuck with the game till the end....

Make our Saturday game more important..... and the Edmonton game too.
An unsuccessful third down gamble by the TiCats on their 22 yard line. But a 39 yard kickoff return gave them the field position after the Calgary TD.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The 2022 CFL playoff positions have all been determined, and all four Week 20 games played a role in finalizing the standings.
- B.C.'s 31-14 victory over Edmonton clinched second place and a home playoff game for the Lions.
- Hamilton's 30-27 victory over Ottawa and Calgary's 32-21 defeat of sad-sack Saskatchewan (see what I did there?) gave the Ticats the third and final playoff spot in the East and eliminated the Riders, whose season began with great hope of playing at home in the Grey Cup.
- Toronto's narrow 24-23 victory in Montreal clinched first place in the East and relegated the Als to second place.

With nothing left to be settled, Week 21 will be all about teams getting key players sharp for the playoffs and resting others, and auditioning potential new starters for 2023. I hope we get to see Nathan Rourke and Zach Collaros in action for at least part of Friday's matchup between the West's top two teams in Winnipeg.

On Nov. 6, Montreal will host Hamilton in the East semifinal and the Lions will host Calgary. Winners play in Toronto and Winnipeg, respectively, the following week.

WEST DIVISION:
1 Winnipeg
2 BC
3 Calgary

EAST DIVISION
1 Toronto
2 Montreal
3 Hamilton
David
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:50 am
Farhan saying a number of Calgary players have indicated they rather play at BC Place anyways. Hopefully it will be Rourke they are dealing with this time.
Yea, I caught that too SG. I read this more as "we don't respect BC Place as a home-field advantage for the Lions" than "we'd rather play inside a dome than in the McMahon elements."

I don't think they realize how loud it can get here for playoff games. :rockin: I recall how loud it was for the 2016 Semi with only 19K in attendance. That's the game we came back to beat the Bombers.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Be careful what you wish for
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Looking forward to making life miserable for Maier in his first ever playoff start.
Stoked too to see Doman hyping the heck out of this game and I bet he is determined to sell enough tickets to open some sections in the upper deck.

Lions only practising Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Although wouldn’t be surprised if Rourke begins his work week tomorrow