Bryan Burnham fractures wrist - placed on 6-game*

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Bad news on the injury front. Burnham's late-game injury Saturday has turned out to be a wrist fracture. No word on the length of time missed but you have to think it will be at least a month before we see Bryan on the field.

NOTE - the update is that he has been placed on the 6-game but is eligible to come off before, likely for the West Semi or before according to Farhan Lalji.

He was VA's biggest target as well. :sigh:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

The Lions have placed Bryan B. on the 6-game injured list. Stating they're hopeful he may make it back before season's end. I'm feeling pretty blue about this. He's special. Indeed, as B.C.FAN said, he's had a tough campaign. One wonders who will get the call to replace him, as we have a few of the most likely currently on the injure list as well. On the PR there are five or six, but mostly inexperienced. Here's hoping there's a diamond in the rough waiting to be polished!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I expect the Lions to move Keon Hatcher into Burnham’s spot, where he excelled during Burnham’s 4-game stint on the injured list earlier this year. They could play Jacob Scarfone at Hatcher’s WR spot, which would allow them to start Woody Baron on the DL.

The Lions were severely undermanned on the DL on the weekend with Sione Teuhema and Obum Gwacham injured. They gave Baron some reps at Gwacham’s rush-end position and gave Gwacham’s other reps to David Menard, who usually rotates with Mathieu Betts at the opposite DE spot. With MLB Ben Hladak also injured in the second half of Saturday’s game and B.C.’s offence unable to stay on the field, the defence was worn down in the fourth quarter
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:03 pm
I expect the Lions to move Keon Hatcher into Burnham’s spot, where he excelled during Burnham’s 4-game stint on the injured list earlier this year. They could play Jacob Scarfone at Hatcher’s WR spot, which would allow them to start Woody Baron on the DL.

The Lions were severely undermanned on the DL on the weekend with Sione Teuhema and Obum Gwacham injured. They gave Baron some reps at Gwacham’s rush-end position and gave Gwacham’s other reps to David Menard, who usually rotates with Mathieu Betts at the opposite DE spot. With MLB Ben Hladak also injured in the second half of Saturday’s game and B.C.’s offence unable to stay on the field, the defence was worn down in the fourth quarter
Interesting. Thanks. I hadn't thought it through from that angle, i.e. the needs of the defence. Also, didn't someone mention that Stove Richardson had recently arrived in town? I'm cautiously optimistic that may indicate he's not too far off, but perhaps I'm dreaming. Woody Baron played but I don't recall him getting on the stat sheet. Meanwhile, here's hoping that if they decide to use Scarfone on offence again, as you suggest, that he proves worthy. A pretty small sample size re getting him the ball. I recall one good catch though. Inaccurate throws coming from VA won't benefit the situation much.
David
Team Captain

It should also be noted that David Mackie also left the game injured (on a special teams play?). I saw him pound the trainer's table in frustration and one of the trainers putting a spray on his foot and getting it taped up. He then tried to walk it off on the sidelines without much success and stayed out of the game.

Not sure if he will be playing this Friday.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Burnham, Obum Gwacham and David Mackie have all been ruled out of Friday’s home game against Ottawa. Sukh Chungh is listed as questionable on the Lions’ injury report.
https://www.bclions.com/injuryreport/
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

ahh, the good times just keep on rolling.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.