B.C. Lions’ defensive coordinator Ryan Phillips accuses Surrey RCMP of racial profiling

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lui05
Rookie

DanoT wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:24 pm
So instead, they gave me a ticket for having my dog unrestrained in the passenger seat.
The only thing that went through my head reading your post was: "where was the dog during the game?" Seeing as you were driving back to Kamloops that night, and were stuck in the line from the stadium, I can only infer that it was stuck alone in the car for the duration of the game.
Unless this was a service dog that was allowed in the stadium, you're lucky some other good Samaritan didn't break into your car to rescue the dog from overheating or freezing during the 3-4 hours it was alone in the vehicle.
If you thought the unrestrained dog ticket was annoying, imagine coming back to the car with a broken window (dog rescuers aren't trying to maintain vehicle value) and the task of trying to find your dog.

As for Ryan, I agree with prevailing sentiment here. Refusing a breathalyzer is like pleading the 5th - it is done only when you got something to hide.
Playing the race card is akin to "the best defense is a good offense" except in this case, it's not a good offense, it reeks of desperation from a man with no good cards left to play.
Sometimes STFU is a sound strategy and one that probably would have served him well in this case.
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright