2022 Coaching Staff Announcement

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:46 pm
Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:33 pm
Well... that didn't last long! Hank is taking his smile somewhere else! Goodbye BC Lions, hello NFL. I should have guessed. https://3downnation.com/2022/03/25/b-c- ... iring-him/
Not a surprise other than in how quick it happened. Given the arrangements agreed upon I assumed he was free to leave at any time should such an opportunity turn up. Not a bad landing spot though getting to work with Trevor Lawrence.
Oh for sure. Not a surprise that it would be so, sooner or later. And good for him indeed! Though Jacksonville's a l-o-n-g commute (lol) from home-sweet-home Chicago where he explained (in his Lions interview) he wanted to stay put, for the sake of wife and kids' connection to community there. But some opportunities you just can't pass up. But all that aside, here's hoping the Lions do find someone for mentoring our young inexperienced QBs. It was a good idea. And seems necessary.
David
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:25 pm
But, anyhow... if the option remains for someone filling a long-distance QB coaching arrangement in lieu of a resident coach, I guess a number of possible candidates are out there. Maybe Mr. Lulay could spare some time away from sole focus on family and the family business? Just spitballing.
Farhan puts the kibosh on that one...

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Not strictly Lions-related, but defensive line coach Leroy Blugh, who left the Lions for personal reasons on the eve of the 2021 season, has resurfaced as DL coach at Queen’s.

https://gogaelsgo.com/news/2022/6/6/can ... coach.aspx
PGSSS74
Rookie

We have not heard anything about Tanya Walter since the hoop-la back in February(?). Anybody have any data on how things are working out for her and the Leos?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

PGSSS74 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:34 pm
We have not heard anything about Tanya Walter since the hoop-la back in February(?). Anybody have any data on how things are working out for her and the Leos?
I watch her on the practice field and in pregame warmups, usually assisting John Bowman with DL drills. She likes to toss a ball around with other coaches before games, then goes upstairs and sits in the coaches' booth, presumably to help chart and relay information to colleagues on the field. I also follow her on social media. She is still highly invested in Edmonton community football and promoting women in the sport.