CFLPA strike

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:43 pm
It looks like a deal is done.
Great news !
SammyGreene
Team Captain

David Naylor via twitter:
According to sources, the tentative
@CFL
CBA has been voted-down by the membership. This, despite being approved by the bargaining committee and recommended by team player reps. It has been defeated. There is no CBA. #CFLPA #CFL
Unhappy national players voting it down? Sounds like it but not sure where it goes from here. I imagine they want the the 7 true national starting ratio to remain and leave the "naturalized" nationals out of the replacement option.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:16 pm
David Naylor via twitter:
According to sources, the tentative
@CFL
CBA has been voted-down by the membership. This, despite being approved by the bargaining committee and recommended by team player reps. It has been defeated. There is no CBA. #CFLPA #CFL
Unhappy national players voting it down? Sounds like it but not sure where it goes from here. I imagine they want the the 7 true national starting ratio to remain and leave the "naturalized" nationals out of the replacement option.
The naturalized rules don't take effect until 2023. Perhaps they can find a way to accept other terms of the CBA for this year and renegotiate the naturalized Canadian rules later.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Basically becomes a vote of non-confidence of the CFLPA Executive and negotiating team.

My hope is they agree to keep talking but I won't be surprised if the CFL locks them out before the sun sets tonight.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Reg18
Starter

Well it wasn't lrettybut it looks like we almost have a deal I think both negotiating teams and especially the owners deserve a !ot of respect for the adult way they ma aged the players feection. They could have walked away but I'm happy for all lor fans that they went back and fixed it. I think it wasn't much of an issue ad I can't see a circumstance where multitudes of American players suddenly became Canadians even under trump
We heard !ots of comments about Americans coming to Canada but how many did come they are a patriotic group so not many Canadian llaypyers would have been I'm
Acted. Now let's play ball!
BC 1988
Legend

Hard to tell if any progress is being made. At least it's not a lockout yet.
BC 1988
Legend

John Hodge called it a done deal hours ago, but Farhan says they are still counting votes. It is a YES, will they still have to scrub week 1 of the preseason?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

BC 1988 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 pm
John Hodge called it a done deal hours ago, but Farhan says they are still counting votes. It is a YES, will they still have to scrub week 1 of the preseason?
In a word no. There is no way to balance a 9 team preseason schedule without everybody playing either 2 games or no games. Generally teams fly out no more than day before game as it is and there are no cross country flights needed for preseason Edmonton to Winnipeg.is the longest roadtrip this weekend. Apparently the Argos did cancel their flight for their game in Ottawa. The flight is so short they could easily switch gears and go in the morning or if absolutely necessary.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The CFLPA has ratified the new CBA.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-cflpa-collective ... -1.1805062