2021-22 NFL Season thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

BC 1988 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:17 pm

It's starting to look like Mahomes is a one trick pony. In his first few seasons (all the way up to the SB win) he effectively used his unpredictability. There were a few regular season games this season where KC was stomped on (along with the SB loss and today's game) where a disciplined D was able to force him to make mistakes, looking very mere mortal.
I think the word "unpredictability" is a good description for Mahomes. He certainly burst onto the scene with immediate success..... It could be argues that Burrow and Allen have evolved into more complete QB's through their early career struggles and overcoming them. Credit to the teams that stuck with them and helped them grow.

Thing is..... win or lose..... I certainly enjoy watching Mahones play.....
BC 1988
Legend

Dusty wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:38 am
BC 1988 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:17 pm

It's starting to look like Mahomes is a one trick pony. In his first few seasons (all the way up to the SB win) he effectively used his unpredictability. There were a few regular season games this season where KC was stomped on (along with the SB loss and today's game) where a disciplined D was able to force him to make mistakes, looking very mere mortal.
I think the word "unpredictability" is a good description for Mahomes. He certainly burst onto the scene with immediate success..... It could be argues that Burrow and Allen have evolved into more complete QB's through their early career struggles and overcoming them. Credit to the teams that stuck with them and helped them grow.

Thing is..... win or lose..... I certainly enjoy watching Mahones play.....
Fully agree--Mahomes has done more to increase the entertainment factor of the NFL than anyone else in the last decade. In olden times, he would have been a big CFL star.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Nice to see 34 year old veteran QB Matthew Stafford get a Super Bowl victory after 12 years, mostly with the mediocre Detroit Lions. I wouldn't call it a classic "one for the ages" contest between the Rams and the Bengals, but it had its moments. A bit of OT would have been nice to maybe ratchet up and prolong the 4th quarter excitement. Was some solid defensive play throughout, on both sides as well. Anyhow, I suspect young QB Joe Burrow will get another chance or two with his arsenal of pass-catchers over there in Cincinnati. I was reasonably happy with the game, and the outcome. (Bonus--a couple Canadians will get that coveted ring.)
BC 1988
Legend

I enjoyed watching this SB--I would have been happy with either team winning. I didn't check, but I guess CIN beat the spread and narrowly missed pulling off a big upset win.

Conspiracy theorists are sure to believe that the flurry of penalties on the game winning drive was the work of forces who wanted to ensure a large market victory, but it was just a lack of discipline by the Bengals D at the worst possible time.
Dusty
Champion

I could have got it wrong, but I thought McEvoy said (in the post-free agent video summary with Campbell) that Kupp was on the Leo's Neg list at one time... Don't think he will be coming north anytime soon...

I would have preferred a Bengals win..... they have the same colour scheme as us....