Division Finals/108th Grey Cup

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm
How is Shaq Evans completely ignored in the Riders offence? Zero catches today and I can’t even remember him being targeted. Crazy for a 1,300 yard receiver 2 years ago.

Oh well intriguing Grey Cup with Bombers now needing to win essentially a road game to repeat as champs
A lot of this has to do with Fajardo just not being able to complete the long ball and his propensity for INTs. May not trust his eyes right now. Most of his completions are under 20 yards.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
David
Team Captain

Any thoughts on seeing Lucky in the stands with Bomber fans dressed in Bomber gear? :popcorn:

Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:07 pm
Any thoughts on seeing Lucky in the stands with Bomber fans dressed in Bomber gear? :popcorn:

I love it. Someone called it an example of the biggest difference between the CFL and NFL: CFL players love to mingle with fans. Lucky said he was there to cheer for his friend and former Bomber roommate Rasheed Bailey.
BC 1988
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:21 pm
I can't quite go along with the analogy. A referee is making real time choices happening at speed. That can be a hard thing to get right at that moment. It is precisely for that reason that replay was introduced. Choosing to ignore a policy currently in effect because you don't agree with it is very different to my way of thinking. It isn't like is was a life or death situation here. It was about attending a sporting event in direct contravention of current policy. It didn't happen in a split second, there were multiple people involved. It was, in essence, a direct contravention in full view of the public. If you are a boss and someone does that, you deal with it decisively or you end up sabotaging your own authority. Would it have made a difference if say, a group of players had decided to juice a few days before the game? Now who can be sure. Maybe the player(s) are too important to suspend, maybe the game is to high profile to risk having it be a stinker. I'm being deliberately over the top here but the principle is the same. It sends a poor message to fans, players and coaches. That the rules are flexible depending on who it is and when it is. If it had been a backups or 2nd stringers, can you say they would have been allowed to play. I'm not certain. I think you are correct, the league has worked hard to establish that fly by the seat of your pants reputation and has done so for years. Time to change.
Therein lies the problem. It was the boss (MLSE) who told MBT (the employee/property) to go there for a cross promotional exercise. Is MBT going to refuse to go there? He's going to assume that no one is putting the Argos at risk of being shorthanded for the EF. As Hambone says, due to the stage of the pandemic we are at, double vaxxed players are not likely to run into trouble now. It was only because Banks publicly complained about what he was told. When was that? Probably months ago.

This is all about the league being asleep at the wheel, because there wasn't another potentially season crippling incident after the EDM debacle back in August (fortunately for them).
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It kind of goes back to that old example you were given as kids when you tried to get out from doing something wrong by saying someone else told you to do it.
"If they told you to jump off a bridge would you do that too?"

Maybe I'm too rigid but when you are part of a team and about to play a huge elimination game, damn straight you say nope to a cross promotional event or anything else that might jeopardize that. There is too much at stake. If MLSE wants a variance, they can go talk to the CFL first. That is the right way to do things.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
obs
Champion

Two exciting games, in my opinion. Too bad SSK lost (yes, I really said that). I thought SSK should have gone with a running play, near the very end of the game. Oh well, let's go Ti-Cats!

I was hoping Alouettes would have faced the Blue Bombers, and then Khari Jones could employ the strategy Don Matthews used against him by putting nine guys on the line when playing defence :-D .
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:36 pm
SammyGreene wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm
How is Shaq Evans completely ignored in the Riders offence? Zero catches today and I can’t even remember him being targeted. Crazy for a 1,300 yard receiver 2 years ago.

Oh well intriguing Grey Cup with Bombers now needing to win essentially a road game to repeat as champs
A lot of this has to do with Fajardo just not being able to complete the long ball and his propensity for INTs. May not trust his eyes right now. Most of his completions are under 20 yards.

Fajardo has been erratic on anything deeper than 20 all season long. Not sure if that comes with Maas wanting to employ the old Eskimo dink 'n dunk offense they used with Ricky Ray when Maas was backing him up.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I thought Bighill was taller than that. He looks absolutely puny next to Hardrick.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Maybe the wind will give Hamilton some short fields. Like so many other teams they looked overmatched against the Bombers D.
Alputt
Champion

Doesn’t look good for Dane Evans if he has a neck or head injury…
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Why didnt hamilton scrimmage from the 35? They might of won the game exvept they gave up a single before tying game with late field goal. Am i missing something? BB
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear orange or wear nothing
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Hamilton heartbreak. 1st and goal at the 5 with 20 seconds left. God I hate the run out of the shotgun down there.
Then self inflicted wounds with too many costly penalties that started with Murray’s selfish unnecessary roughness that completed the Bombers comeback.

Should White have conceded the single to make it a 3 point game?

Great finish to the season at least.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:45 pm
Why didnt hamilton scrimmage from the 35? They would of won the game exvept they gave up a single before tying game with late field goal. Am i missing something? BB
Recent rule teams have to kickoff in final 3 minutes.
Alputt
Champion

This will rightfully go down as a classic Grey Cup but what a heart-breaker for Hamilton. To be honest it makes me hate Winnipeg in a way I haven't before, if they develop into a multiple season Western 'dynasty' on the backs of our former (aging) stars Harris and Bighill that will be hard to swallow...

Have a great off-season and a Happy Holiday all!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think it was an error. He should have run out. He had a lot of room to run. He4may have been instructed to take the knee if it looked like he was going to get stopped deep. But clearly that point changed the Cats strategy.. A tremendous pick in the OT. Probaly one of the best in a Grey Cup.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.