CFL took down my YouTube channel

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

obs
Champion

In case anyone out there was following my channel, I had uploaded my recordings of the Lions, mostly from 2004 onwards. Old-timers here will remember me trading DVDs back in the day.

This year, I finally got fibre optics internet, with it's great upload speed, and was uploading non-Lions games, as well. I guess I must have been doing something right because the CFL complained to YouTube, so my channel was disabled. Some of the games they flagged were ones that are still available from other users, so maybe the quality of my uploads were too good or something. Don't know why I was singled out.

Anyways, just throwing this out there in case anyone wonders why my channel disappeared.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

obs wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:16 am
In case anyone out there was following my channel, I had uploaded my recordings of the Lions, mostly from 2004 onwards. Old-timers here will remember me trading DVDs back in the day.

This year, I finally got fibre optics internet, with it's great upload speed, and was uploading non-Lions games, as well. I guess I must have been doing something right because the CFL complained to YouTube, so my channel was disabled. Some of the games they flagged were ones that are still available from other users, so maybe the quality of my uploads were too good or something. Don't know why I was singled out.

Anyways, just throwing this out there in case anyone wonders why my channel disappeared.
Was it copyrighted material or recordings you actually made yourself?

Even if the latter, there are still probably restrictions on public use.
obs
Champion

For sure it was copyright material (TV recordings0, either CFL or TSN's. Had they asked me to take them down, I would have.

But as it is, there were a lot of games that are gone. Sure, you may get the odd edited regular season game rebroadcast, but most of the games I've uploaded won't be.

Anyways, their lost to gain new fans. Saves me time, and it's not like my channel was monetized.
David
Team Captain

Would be greatly indebted to anyone who can point me in the direction of any Lions games or highlights from the late '60s to early '70s in any viewable format.

I have two DVDs - BC at TOR from 1968 and TOR at BC from 1969 (both are available on YouTube) but would love to get my hands on more.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
PGSSS74
Rookie

I echo DH's desire to view old Lions games from the sixties and seventies.