How to fix this mess?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

maxlion
Legend

I think that Chris Jones is probably the only candidate who could make a ripple in the market and possibly create some excitement around the team. He is very smart and knows how to build a team.

Campbell may be more likely to bring long term success and stability. He is the safer choice.

I would be happy with either one. I am not sure that Jones is feasible given the cap and current contract obligations.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Time to re-visit this thread after an 0-2 Ontario trip to extend the losing streak to 6 games. We are closing in on the 2 month anniversary of our last win 😞

No way they beat Calgary next week as their season-long deficiencies are always exposed further by the better teams. Mitchell is going to get a ton of time to throw and Carey will be a massive handful too. Meanwhile Reilly will be dealing with pressure all night. Just look at our last homestand including the Calgary visit.

Here we head into the final 2 games of the season and is our completely rebuilt and inexperienced defensive line any better with 12 games now under their belts?

Looking like a 5-9 season at best and then all eyes turn to Doman and what is he going to do to revitalize the franchise especially the on field product.

Probably starts with Rick LaLecheur resigning and heading back into retirement. But as the losses have been piling up I am believing more and more a new GM is needed and from outside the organization even if it means the departure of some long-time staff members.

Let him re-work their extremely poorly structured salary cap that is getting nowhere near enough bang for the buck.

Something needs to change significantly as the on field productive has not been good enough for far too long.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I think the coaching staff cap will limit some of the changes for next season, so as long as Campbell is under contract for next season then he is safe. I am in favour of giving him another season as HC and co-GM, but new DC and OC are needed. Not sure though if any quality experienced assistant coaches are available that would be an upgrade.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Every day that passes is one you can't get back
BC 1988
Legend

Someone should do a detailed analysis of every move (both player and coaching personnel) made by Hervey. I doubt you will find much worth keeping. After leaving a costly trail of wasted opportunity, he was allowed to quietly slink away (not fired but leaving for "personal reasons").
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

BC 1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:02 am
Someone should do a detailed analysis of every move (both player and coaching personnel) made by Hervey. I doubt you will find much worth keeping. After leaving a costly trail of wasted opportunity, he was allowed to quietly slink away (not fired but leaving for "personal reasons").
Analyzing Hervey's past contribution to the Lions would be pointless as he is no longer part of the organization.
Firing him would have meant that the Lions have to continue to pay his salary, but him quitting saves the team $, as no salary is then paid.