Peters Suspended 1 Game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Link to CFL.CA
https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/22/bcs-garry ... ers-fined/

"BC Lions defensive back Garry Peters has been suspended for one game due to verbal abuse and unacceptable behaviour towards doping control officers. The suspension is effective immediately."

Well. That's not too good. What is it that is going on that would cause a player to be disrespectful or abusive to a doping officer. I mean isn't this just "Pee in a cup" kind of thing? Unless there is more to the story and perhaps the player is juicing in which case it is likely going to become a much long suspension or being cut altogether.

I hope this doesn't badly effect our hopes in the upcoming Riders game. We really are relying on our D to keep the wheaties at bay while our "Rope a Dope" O kind of putters until having a huge play or drive right?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Reg18
Starter

I woyld ?ike the lions to add another game to his suspension for tarnishing our brand but it may not be possible due to the collective agreement but i i expect we will hear more on this soon. I guess the replacement is on the practise roster
David
Team Captain

Reg18 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:59 pm
I woyld ?ike the lions to add another game to his suspension for tarnishing our brand but it may not be possible due to the collective agreement but i i expect we will hear more on this soon. I guess the replacement is on the practise roster
Due process?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Reg18 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:59 pm
What exactly did Peters do that makes you think that he "tarnished our brand"? What information do you have as to his specific actions as there has been almost no real reports of what happened. Reg18 if you have no additional info to reveal then I would say your reaction is knee jerk, at best.

Thankfully, Peters is appealing the suspension and will play the next game and then hopefully the appeal process provides some info and answers.