Future home games

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Bonnie Henry stated last week the province is not ready to move to stage 4 of easing COVID-19 restrictions which included sporting events being allowed regular capacity after Sept 7. Yet does the vaccine passport, being implemented Sept 13 and being required to enter BC Place, mean they can move beyond 1/2 capacity of the lower bowl since everyone will be double vaccinated?

And does the return of the mandatory mask policy mean it has to be worn at all times in the stadium if you are not drinking or eating?

Ottawa won't be a huge draw on Sept 11 but then it's the Riders after that. I'm sure the Lions are going to want clarification on how many tickets they can sell for future games.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Answering my own question as Lions very likely to follow suit:
[News update from the Caps: “For @WhitecapsFC games at @bcplace, you will be required to wear a mask at all times, except when you are eating/drinking in your assigned seat.

BC Place is considered an indoor venue, regardless of whether the roof is open or closed.”
BC 1988
Legend

As to capacity allowed IMO (haven't seen anything to the contrary) since Dr Henry said that moving out of Step 3 is very unlikely on Sept 7, the OTT game will be 12,500.

The Sept 24 SSK game (which will be under vaccination passport, masks worn rules) if still under Step 3 rules would be 12,500 BUT vaccination passport could result in a rewriting of those rules as to capacity allowed. They have 5 weeks until that game, and I expect to see some capacity revisions given the more controlled environment. It all depends on the average daily cases and hospitalizations.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What would happen if a season ticket holder is not vaccinated ? Will the Lions refund the money ?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:57 pm
What would happen if a season ticket holder is not vaccinated ? Will the Lions refund the money ?
I'm 100% confident they will work with an ST holder to ensure they don't lose them. If that means refunding someone not vaccinated they will do that.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.