Randy Ambrosie optimistic about 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

One advantage of having an older fan base is they're more likely to have been vaccinated when the season starts. Whether they are comfortable spending 3+ hours at a sporting event compared to younger fans remains to be seen.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Reg18
Starter

Lions and canucks games should follow bars restaurants and churchrs opening first with relaxed covid rules. Not total exemptions yet. Might make for an easier sell for Bonnie.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:26 pm
One advantage of having an older fan base is they're more likely to have been vaccinated when the season starts. Whether they are comfortable spending 3+ hours at a sporting event compared to younger fans remains to be seen.

DH :cool:
Hey! What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis? :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Reg18 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 pm
Lions and canucks games should follow bars restaurants and churchrs opening first with relaxed covid rules. Not total exemptions yet. Might make for an easier sell for Bonnie.
It looks like the CFL, wisely, will be tapping into the considerable expertise that Oilers team doc Dr. Dhiran Naidu has to offer when it comes to these things. Let's just say it appears the CFL isn't trying to go it alone to come up with their own recommendations. That's a good thing.

https://3downnation.com/2021/03/06/cfl- ... hl-bubble/
BC 1988
Legend

Dr Henry today mentioned the phone lines to register age 90 and up for vaccination appointments were overwhelmed this morning due to people not paying attention to the "age 90 and up" range.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Just received a very short survey from the Lions. Obviously they are wanting to get feedback from season ticket holders related to the possibility of having some number of socially distanced fans in the house.

3. Please select the option that best describes how you use your season tickets

__ I use my tickets personally and all attendees are part of the same household.

__ I use my tickets for business purposes and there are generally different people using the seats.

__ I use my tickets for both business purposes and personal enjoyment.

__ I use my tickets personally, however we are not from the same household. I would consider my seatmates to be part my close social bubble, in situations where that is allowed.

__ I use my tickets personally, however I generally attend with various friends from outside my household throughout the season.

__ None of these options represent how I use my tickets. Please have my personal account representative contact me to discuss.

Question Title
4. IN YOUR OWN WORDS:
Please provide us with any information that would help us understand your seating needs if we are to temporarily relocate seat locations to be physically distanced. This could include your personal ticket usage, any mobility issues we should know about, etc.

Question Title
5. FOCUS GROUP OPPORTUNITY:
We appreciate when season ticket holders take the time to offer thoughts and opinions on topics from halftime to season ticket holder benefits! Moving forward, we will be hosting occasional focus groups. Do you have an interest in being part of a focus group in the future?
Reg18
Starter

Wow, it kjeeps getting better. Today dr Henry added to the optimistmby announcing that she expects gatherings and religious events will proceed this spring and that she expects all schools and universities will be having full in person classes this fall. She described this approach ass not throwing a switch but turning up the dial we are moving forward
Hambone
Hall of Famer

I don't know if this was from a recent town hall or something Matt and Rick did in the past couple of days but good information in the various clips.

https://www.bclions.com/2021/03/09/rick ... ce=dlvr.it
Reg18
Starter

Both vaccines pfizer and moderne suffered some economic nationalism with ?Europe slowing down the pfizer as well as a factory retooling that interrupted supply and ?moderne is made in the USA and they too wont allow export till Americans are looked after. But in s
In spite of these roadblocks Trudeau went far a field to get vaccines and now we are awash with them asof March.so we are on course for some kind of a season
Murdoch
All Star

John Hodge quoting a comment on single game betting and the impact on the CFL.

Can't imagine it hurting the television ratings. TSN poised to do well with this imo.
BC 1988
Legend

Ambrosie just sent out a letter about alignment with the XFL.
A Message to CFL Season Ticket Holders from Commissioner Randy Ambrosie
Dear ------

Today the CFL is announcing that we have agreed to work with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and his fellow XFL owners to identify opportunities for the leagues to collaborate, innovate and grow the great game of football across North America.

As a season ticket holder, you are one of the CFL’s most supportive and dedicated fans, and I want you to hear from me what this means for the league and for fans.

First of all, these discussions will not affect the upcoming season. We hope that, as the pandemic wanes, the league will get the green light to resume play with a full season in 2021.

These talks with the new owners of the XFL are aimed beyond that. With a shared desire on the part of both leagues to give the sport we all love new energy and excitement and make sure it thrives for years to come.

While the XFL doesn’t have a long history like ours, they do share our passion for football. Dwayne Johnson, who was a member of the Calgary Stampeders after playing at the University of Miami, is proud of his ties to the CFL and his family’s Canadian roots. He knows and loves our game and our passionate fans. His fellow owners, highly successful entrepreneur Dany Gracia and sports industry leader RedBird Capital, share his excitement about what working with the CFL could mean.

So, while we don’t know what collaboration or partnership might look like, we do know it’s at least a conversation worth having, to see what ideas we can come up with to promote and grow the game here in Canada, across North America and abroad. We want to share the excitement of Canadian-style football that fans like you know well.

We’re proud of our game and cherish the deep connections our fans have to it. We look forward to seeing what possibilities our discussions might uncover, and to sharing those with you as the process unfolds.

In the meantime, our focus in on returning to the field to play CFL football this year.

Football has been played in Canada under the CFL banner since 1948, but the Grey Cup has been part of our country since 1909. The bond between football and Canadians has never been stronger, and our goal, always, is to respect and strengthen that bond. That is why I’m writing to you today.

Thank you for being there for the CFL. We can’t wait to get back on the field – and we’re so looking forward to seeing you back in the stands.

Yours in football,

Randy's Signature
Randy Ambrosie

Commissioner
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I like the idea of the CFL and XFL exploring opportunities to grow and market the game. Both leagues have their own strengths. I don't want to see a merger, especially if it would mean eliminating the unique features of the Canadian game.
BC 1988
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 am
I like the idea of the CFL and XFL exploring opportunities to grow and market the game. Both leagues have their own strengths. I don't want to see a merger, especially if it would mean eliminating the unique features of the Canadian game.
Agreed, it would be ridiculously shortsighted if the CFL was to change it's game rules to accommodate a league with zero history.

The announcement by Ambrosie sounds like he's too eager to breathlessly give us good news (no matter what it is).
BC 1988
Legend

The XFL is tweeting up a storm:

and the last one is possibly the most indicative that something substantial could actually come out of it
Murdoch
All Star

Tremendous idea if only it can be an equitable arrangement for all. Not sure how this will affect players.