Canucks treat last week

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

What a treat it was to watch all 5 of the 1994 Canucks/Leafs series on TSN

My favorite roster wearing my favorite version of the uniform.

I just have not found the Canucks as interesting since then. Specially since they switched to those boring Orca Bay based colors and uniforms.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
D
Team Captain

Agreed and I had the pleasure of going to all the home games that series and the final
I own The Grey Cup! .com
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

During those playoffs my son was born near the end of the second round. We watched first the leafs win and then the canucks win back to back games and my wife was cheering for both teams and jumping up and down. For some reason her water broke. Then since some say everything come in 3s, the lions did their thing. What a year.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
BC 1988
Legend

Toronto-born (and living there until my family moved to PEI when I was 11), I was divided watching this series (I'm still both a TOR and VAN fan). By the time they got to "....Potvin had trouble with it it....Greg Adams, Greg Adams..." I was completely swept up in it. Bure vanquishing CGY in triple OT was the first part of that incredible playoffs, and "....He will play, you know he'll play..." was (unfortunately) the peak.

Messier coming here 3 years later to wear the C and Wayne Maki's #11 (and collect a paycheque) was the ultimate insult.
D
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:27 pm
I just have not found the Canucks as interesting since then. Specially since they switched to those boring Orca Bay based colors and uniforms.
Nothing wrong with the jerseys but the whale has got to go! I have never purchased anything with the whale logo.
I own The Grey Cup! .com