2020 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do you want to win the 2020 United States Presidential election on November 3, 2020?

Donald Trump (Republican / Mike Pence)
30%
Joe Biden (Democratic / Kamala Harris)
70%

Total votes: 10
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, when you have had your foot in your mouth for as many years as he has, you kind of get used to it. What amazes me these days is the News Media really thinking he can be anything other than what he is (insert own adjective here). He has been a big mouth, liar come fool for most of his life. Why would he change now?

And the same can be said about some of his supporters. Once a fool, always a fool seems to be an appropriate T-Shirt slogan for many of them.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

While it was essentially known two months ago, Joe Biden has officially clinched the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. A year ago, I'm sure most Democrats had their doubts about him.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Joe Biden has stated that he will choose a woman of colour to be his running mate and as such, Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren or anybody else who does not appear to be of colour in this picture are disqualified.

Maybe he will choose Kamala Harris after all despite all the stuff that Harris said about Biden.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

More and more sources indicate that Joe Biden will likely choose Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate.

I stated several times already in that given the huge debates and disagreements he had with Harris:

I wonder if that will definitely weaken the Democratic party as American will see this a infighting.

Going by this belief (Sen. Harris as VP candidate), I'll now add a poll.
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

biden could pick a ferret as a running mate and I would still vote for him if I could.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:33 pm
More and more sources indicate that Joe Biden will likely choose Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate.

I stated several times already in that given the huge debates and disagreements he had with Harris:

I wonder if that will definitely weaken the Democratic party as American will see this a infighting.

Going by this belief (Sen. Harris as VP candidate), I'll now add a poll.
My prediction was correct in that Joe Biden has chosen Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate and I don't have to modify my poll.

This will be the third time that there's a woman U.S. VP candidate after Geraldine Ferraro in 1984 and Sarah Palin in 2008. But in both cases, there was no gender-card factor as most American women still voted for the all-men opponent team. But this time, let's see if both the gender AND race card will be a factor as it's the first time a Black woman will be a VP candidate.
Last edited by Robbie on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looking forward to the debate between Harris and Mike Pence.
cms22
Starter

i went with trump/pence for 2 reasons:

1) i think it's important that there is a mentally-deranged person as leader of the free world.. especially important that said mentally-deranged person has 24 hour access to the nuclear button

2) i also think it's important that children everywhere can look up to an american president who is outrageously dishonest, hateful, misogynist and dangerously self-centered.

why would anyone want someone like barack obama? he and his wife are 2 of the most universally respected people on earth... why would we want them? it's better if someone can lower your tax rate a couple of points
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:rotf: :rotf:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, the first presidential debate went last night. What a display it was. Honestly, if I were a reasonable, rational citizen of that country, I would probably be embarrassed today. As it is, all I can feel is sadness that a once great nation has been reduced to that level. For the next debate, the moderator should have control of the mics and turn then off when ever it isn't the turn of owner to be speaking. Nothing gained by either party that I can tell. Trump just looks like his usual bully self whose only weapon is to hurl insults and talk over anybody distracting their message. Biden looked a little stumbly at moments under the onslaught of nonsense but for the most part appeared to keep is cool and carry on. I did appreciate him telling Trump to "shut up".

A couple of other choice phrases for future references. Trump likes to say "you are a very rude person". I would throw that back at him. The other thing I would do is when he talks about having plans for anything be it healthcare, the economy. Challenge him to present it. To "put his money where his mouth is". and then before he can respond, add "Oh yes, you don't really have the money you claim you do you so you can't".
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:24 am

A couple of other choice phrases for future references. Trump likes to say "you are a very rude person". I would throw that back at him. The other thing I would do is when he talks about having plans for anything be it healthcare, the economy. Challenge him to present it. To "put his money where his mouth is". and then before he can respond, add "Oh yes, you don't really have the money you claim you do you so you can't".
Pretty much every insult or "I'm more immature than a 5th grader" nickname Trump likes to hang on people are far more applicable to Trump than anybody else.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

President Donald Trump along with first lady Melania have both tested positive for COVID-19 just a month before the election.
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:43 pm
President Donald Trump along with first lady Melania have both tested positive for COVID-19 just a month before the election.
maybe.

I don't trust him. It could be some kind of ploy
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Trump courted Covid by ignoring his own CDC guidelines of wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. The chicken has come back to roost.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:59 pm
Looking forward to the debate between Harris and Mike Pence.
Then you will definitely see it tonight? Tell us your thoughts afterwards.
祝你龍年行大運。