XFL 2020 season (topic updated)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 pm
Here's some XFL rules innovations that Josh Smith (at 3DownN) encourages the CFL to adopt: https://3downnation.com/2020/03/01/four ... ould-adopt. Their kick-off procedure seems pretty reasonable to me. Less risk for injuries. And having a mic and camera in the video review booth seems reasonable as well.
I liked the transparency on replays and more live mics in general when the original XFL did it, and I like them now.

I'd prefer CFL kickoff rules remain the same.

I do like the Extra Point/Conversion rule difference and I'd like to see some version of it tried both in the NFL and CFL.

Absolutely not on the double forward pass. Ever.
jwbavalon
Rookie

Count me in for the transparency rule and the kickoff procedure.

Let's get this season going.

Go Lions Go.
BC 1988
Legend

A bit of a kerfuffle at the end of Seattle's defeat yesterday. The head official walking through the tunnel at (what he thought was) game over, when there was in fact 00:02 left.
The league issued a statement about the error:
https://www.xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/xfl ... statement/
tedbear
Starter

How many times have we seen an official make a horrendous call and never get a true explanation on why that call was made? I Have often thought to myself why aren't the refs ever held accountable for their mistakes?

This XFL official was questioned on TV immediately after the game and by his demeanor you could certainly see that he was uncertain if he had made the right call or not.

Hours later the league issues a statement that the Ref had made a mistake and was going to be held accountable for his actions.

Not that the apology makes it any better for the Seattle team or their fan base but at least you know it wasnt swept under the rug and something was done about it.

The CFL needs to take a good look at how the XFL conducts its transparency between their Officals, Teams, and Fans.

Of course that would mean cutting back on a couple of Rob Blacks stories during the game. :roll:
burnt_orange_2
prospect

I could live with fewer of Black’s tales, bring on the ref interviews 🏈!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

one thing I don't like, as is the same with other leagues, is sideline player and coach interviews. The questions are usually stupid and the answers are usually generic.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

My pet peeve is sideline or booth interviews with celebrities or past players who are not involved in the game. Invariably they drag on and on while pivotal plays occur in the background.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:55 pm
My pet peeve is sideline or booth interviews with celebrities or past players who are not involved in the game. Invariably they drag on and on while pivotal plays occur in the background.
Yes! It makes me crazy! The sideline interviews are annoying enough, but those in-the-booth marathons are exasperating! I consider myself a fairly laid back fellow, but those are the instances when I'll be yelling at the T.V. and the room around me is turning purple from all the four-letter word-balloons my tongue is popping. How can they not realize the football fans' priority is the action on the field of play?
South Pender
Legend

Well, with the coronavirus pandemic expanding, the XFL's 2020 season is now officially over. The last word is that they will be back in 2021.
David
Team Captain

South Pender wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:40 am
Well, with the coronavirus pandemic expanding, the XFL's 2020 season is now officially over. The last word is that they will be back in 2021.
And players are allowed to sign with any pro football league (i.e. CFL). I wouldn't mind betting the Cucaracha Kicker (Sergio Castillo) re-signs with BC.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar