2019-20 NFL Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Chiefs have indeed fought back with two unanswered touchdowns.
24-20 Chiefs.

Now it's TD or die with 2:44 remaining.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Kansas City Chiefs have just sealed their win by forcing a turnover on downs, then another touchdown.

Three unanswered touchdowns in fourth quarter to seal the win.

Final score:

San Francisco 49ers: 20
Kansas City Chiefs: 31
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

what a simply marvelous 4th Q.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I was somewhat surprised that Patrick Mahomes was still selected as MVP with his two interceptions.

I felt that perhaps Damien Williams with his two late touchdowns may have been appropriate. Or maybe Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce with their several catch receptions.
祝你龍年行大運。
South Pender
Legend

Robbie wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:34 pm
I was somewhat surprised that Patrick Mahomes was still selected as MVP with his two interceptions.

I felt that perhaps Damien Williams with his two late touchdowns may have been appropriate. Or maybe Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce with their several catch receptions.
I agree, Robbie, but the Super Bowl MVP usually seems to go to the winning QB. I thought the biggest offensive factor for the Chiefs was Tyreek Hill. He caught 9 passes for 105 yards and had the 49ers' DBs scared stiff with his 4.2 speed. This opened things up for the other receivers like Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce.

Given Richard Sherman's always-irritating arrogance and big mouth, I must confess that I found it somewhat gratifying to see him beaten on that 44-yard completion to Hill on 3rd-and-15 in the 4th quarter--probably the biggest play of the game (although after seeing it again today, I guess that it was as much on free safety Jimmie Ward). And Sammy Watkins also beat Sherman for another 44-yard gain. Sherman and the 49ers' secondary didn't play that well in general.

The 49ers' defense let up for some reason in the 4th quarter, and I think the better team won today.
Last edited by South Pender on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I was happy to see Sherman give up the longest play of the game to that point when the REC cut inside and then broke out. Pretty good call on that play as there was no way Sherman was going to catch him after thinking it was a post route or at least heading inside.

Not hard to see why the Chiefs QB was MVP as without him cool in the moments he needed to be late in the game there'd be no comeback.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Ballistic Bob
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 pm
I suppose if your are a Chiefs fan
Wear orange or wear nothing
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:46 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 pm
I suppose if your are a Chiefs fan
not on my list of fav teams, but I was cheering for them in this game
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
South Pender
Legend

The Super Bowl game suggested to me that the 49ers may not have an elite QB in Jimmy Garoppolo. He strikes me as a competent player--maybe best seen as a game manager, rather than game winner. I think the most telling sign was that deep pass to Emmanuel Sanders late in the 4th quarter when Garoppolo badly overthrew an open Sanders on what could have been a game-winning completion. I think many NFL quarterbacks would have made that pass--certainly Russell Wilson would have, I believe.

It's hard to go all the way and win a SB without a great QB. The 49ers may be in a dilemma with Garoppolo this off-season. Can they get back to the big game with him leading the offense? With the receivers they have, along with a great defense, they may need to upgrade, I think, at the most important position to win it all.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Consensus on SF was that they went off their strengths and bailed on their game plan and did so unwisely leaving the door open to the big Chiefs comeback.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
South Pender
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:36 pm
Consensus on SF was that they went off their strengths and bailed on their game plan and did so unwisely leaving the door open to the big Chiefs comeback.
Yes, in the 4th quarter, they went away from their ground game that had been doing so well earlier in the game for a series of bad pass plays. Putting the game in Jimmy G's hands was obviously a big mistake.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Seems Abbotsford's Chase Claypool could have guys "chasing" him, given his shown speed at the current combines despite him bulking up (potentially for change to TE position). I had to smile -- his hometown is given simply as BC. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chase-cla ... b9899e5d84
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It's hard to imagine Tom Brady wearing a uniform other than that of the New England Patriots. But that has just happened as he is now a Tampa Bay Buccaneer.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Tom Dempsey, who for several decades held the Guinness World Record for the longest field goal at 63-yards (aided by a special flat show as he didn't have toes) on November 8, 1970, has become a casualty of the Coronavirus.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

R.I.P. former Seahawks backup QB Tavaris Jackson who died in a car crash yesterday.

You can see him come in relief at 2:03:50 in Super Bowl XLVIII:

祝你龍年行大運。