2019 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:37 am
KnowItAll wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 pm
I so totally hate the uniforms worn tonight. Almost turned the game off in disgust.
Time to dig out that old b&w CRT TV.
still watching on my 36in CRT. Not black and white though
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I thought the Lions did a great job with the music at Friday's game. I don't normally pay any attention to that aspect of game-day operations but the hip-hop selections played during stoppages raised the energy in the building and made it seem like there were a lot more than 14,000 fans in the building. Fans, players and the new dance team in the beach party zone were all into it.
Dusty
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:57 pm
I thought the Lions did a great job with the music at Friday's game. I don't normally pay any attention to that aspect of game-day operations but the hip-hop selections played during stoppages raised the energy in the building and made it seem like there were a lot more than 14,000 fans in the building. Fans, players and the new dance team in the beach party zone were all into it.
The Hyper Dance Team came onto the field about 15 minutes before team introductions and danced up a storm. Tho not my style of dance (I lean more towards classical ballet), they were VERY energetic and with a larger crowd there, I can see how they could really pump up the starting atmosphere.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:57 pm
One of the fun music related things I noticed last year was the selection used when the visiting team was introduced. When Hamilton visited it was like an old cat food commercial. "Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow". For somebody else, Edmonton late in the season I think, it was Tiny Tim doing "Tip Toe Through the Tulips".
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Yea, I think they like to eff with the visiting teams by playing demeaning intro music. I seem to recall them playing Millie Small's 1965 hit, "My Boy Lollipop" when the Stamps came out of the tunnel in their red uniforms last night. :wink:

Mind you, our Leos have been on the receiving end on the road. I have been at away games when they've played The Tokens "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" when the Lions take the field, which is a pretty good burn. F***ers!! :rotf:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Which kid came up with the idea of the Felions' new unis ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:13 pm
Yea, I think they like to eff with the visiting teams by playing demeaning intro music. I seem to recall them playing Millie Small's 1965 hit, "My Boy Lollipop" when the Stamps came out of the tunnel in their red uniforms last night. :wink:

I'll take that music anyday over rap or hip hop.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Reading between the lines of that Tokens song: "Careful now, don't wake the lion".
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Just a warning. The ticket transfer functionality that I thought work in a very slick manner last year seems to be dysfunctional this year. I transferred my preseason ticket to my buddy who tried to print it or forward it to his son. I think the option wound up being that they'd have to make arrangements to pick it up at Will Call. He can't make the season opener and has forwarded his ticket to me. I seem to be hitting the same wall. Can't produce a pdf to print or get something sent to my phone. I've emailed my rep to see what needs to be done. My buddy did talk to a Lions rep re: the preseason game. Sounds like a Ticketmaster problem.
CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:13 pm

Mind you, our Leos have been on the receiving end on the road. I have been at away games when they've played The Tokens "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" when the Lions take the field, which is a pretty good burn. F***ers!! :rotf:

You’re right, they did play My Boy Lollipop for the Stamps. I hope they do this all year long for every home game. It is worth a definite laugh or two.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:52 pm
Just a warning. The ticket transfer functionality that I thought work in a very slick manner last year seems to be dysfunctional this year. I transferred my preseason ticket to my buddy who tried to print it or forward it to his son. I think the option wound up being that they'd have to make arrangements to pick it up at Will Call. He can't make the season opener and has forwarded his ticket to me. I seem to be hitting the same wall. Can't produce a pdf to print or get something sent to my phone. I've emailed my rep to see what needs to be done. My buddy did talk to a Lions rep re: the preseason game. Sounds like a Ticketmaster problem.
Just to add to this I think I figured it out. For the ticket that was transferred to me I can access it from the email on my Blackberry by following the links to what amounts to my Ticketmaster account then go to the event to "manage" the ticket and click on "View Barcode". Then I will get the barcode to display on my phone to use to enter BC Place. It seems there is no longer any way of producing a pdf file of the ticket to print it out. If this is how it turns out to work on Saturday it seems that it will be next to impossible for a ST holder to sell an extra ticket outside the stadium unless they carry their card for it and have the buyer follow them to the gate and go in together.

I have yet to have need this summer to buy a ticket for a concert or game so don't know if this is now how it works for single game purchases as well. Can a person print something off at home or will they only get in via their cell phone or going to Will Call? As much of a pain as it seems to be for folks wanting to go to events I'm thinking scalpers will really hate it. So maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.
CardiacKid
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 am
Hambone wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:52 pm
Just to add to this I think I figured it out. For the ticket that was transferred to me I can access it from the email on my Blackberry by following the links to what amounts to my Ticketmaster account then go to the event to "manage" the ticket and click on "View Barcode". Then I will get the barcode to display on my phone to use to enter BC Place. It seems there is no longer any way of producing a pdf file of the ticket to print it out. If this is how it turns out to work on Saturday it seems that it will be next to impossible for a ST holder to sell an extra ticket outside the stadium unless they carry their card for it and have the buyer follow them to the gate and go in together.

I have yet to have need this summer to buy a ticket for a concert or game so don't know if this is now how it works for single game purchases as well. Can a person print something off at home or will they only get in via their cell phone or going to Will Call? As much of a pain as it seems to be for folks wanting to go to events I'm thinking scalpers will really hate it. So maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.
Take a look in the little "FYI" pamphlet that was included in the ST package that was recently sent out. I skimmed it but I recall a paragraph mentioning the Lions have gone to a non-hard copy system for tickets (or at least those of the PDF variety) in an effort to defeat scams, etc.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Take a look in the little "FYI" pamphlet that was included in the ST package that was recently sent out. I skimmed it but I recall a paragraph mentioning the Lions have gone to a non-hard copy system for tickets (or at least those of the PDF variety) in an effort to defeat scams, etc.
The paperless ticket process is explained on the Lions' website:
https://www.bclions.com/mobiletickets/
Hambone
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:

Now that would be like reading instructions or looking at a roadmap. :wink:

I never thought to check that out. I usually only worry about my ticket card which I just tuck into my wallet and I'm good to go for the season.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:17 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
The paperless ticket process is explained on the Lions' website:
https://www.bclions.com/mobiletickets/
Wonder how that would work for one of my friends up here. He's still using a flip phone and is totally content to stick with it until either it dies or he does. :wink: A few others in my circle of friends who go to the pub for an after work sociable (even though they are retired) still don't have cell phones. Their wives might but they don't.