Potential New Receivers for BC

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

Farhan speculated on potential guys Lions could bring in. He thinks bringing in rookie receivers from NFL cuts will make no impact so he mentioned vets Lions could bring in:

With Carter headed elsewhere, some names for GM Ed Hervey to consider for #BCLions beleaguered rec corps: Bakari Grant is available - reliable 2nd down target. A trade for Ernest Jackson. He’s been a ghost for 1.5 seasons in Mtl. If the $ can fit, wound a change of scenery help?

Maybe lure Nick Moore out of retirement someone suggested.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not Jackson please. There's a reason why he's no longer a BC Lion. He's still has a case of the dropsies.
Don Miller
Legend

:yahoo: I say bring Ernest Jackson back if we can get him from Montreal. Big target and he can still run. I recall him making some great catches and YAC yards when he first played with the Lions. Bakari Grant would be better than Collins. Elliott I think still has promise he dropped some balls but caught everything the week before. Not sure Moore wants to play again. We need an upgrade for sure. Haven't heard any news on #84 yet?
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm
Farhan speculated on potential guys Lions could bring in. He thinks bringing in rookie receivers from NFL cuts will make no impact so he mentioned vets Lions could bring in:

With Carter headed elsewhere, some names for GM Ed Hervey to consider for #BCLions beleaguered rec corps: Bakari Grant is available - reliable 2nd down target. A trade for Ernest Jackson. He’s been a ghost for 1.5 seasons in Mtl. If the $ can fit, wound a change of scenery help?

Maybe lure Nick Moore out of retirement someone suggested.
Do the math on Jackson. Montreal lured him away from Ottawa in free agency after an 88 catch, 1225 yard, 10TD season. It's quite reasonable to assume he packs one of the top 5 receiving salaries in the CFL. Besides that where would he play? His best positions would be one of the ones currently held by 16 and 84. The only way he makes sense is salary-wise and position-wise is if Manny's injury puts him on the 6G.

Nick Moore? I like the guy but that's like grasping for straws while keeping the first aid kit handy. He is literally a Band-Aid solution who requires a lot of magic out of Bill Reichelt's gang to hold him together. I know he was a healthy scratch a couple of times last year but nonetheless missed 20 of 36 games in his BC return. He's also a guy who has lost a step and is better suited for the slot.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
VictoriaFan
Starter

i'd rather lure Chad Owens out of retirement
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder what Geroy Simon is doing these days ? :wink:
JohnnyMusso
Champion

They also mentioned if Brandon Zylstra is released by the Vikings Lions should go hard after him. If cut, is there room in Edmonton? They are pretty loaded at receiver. He would be a no brainer to sign. Catches everything and better than anyone Lions have at receiver.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Farhan thinks though he will make the Vikings, but who knows.
BC 1988
Legend

Don Miller wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Haven't heard any news on #84 yet?
Just heard on 1040 and here:
http://3downnation.com/2018/08/27/emman ... done-year/
JohnnyMusso
Champion

With Manny out for the season now, Lions are in big trouble. They only have one good receiver and he will double teamed. Who is going to replace Manny? Not to mention the others. Probably will not cut anybody now.
Riderfan67
Rookie

Bakari Grant would be good for you guys he was good for us . I wish Jones wouldn’t have got rid of him
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

BC 1988 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:45 pm
Don Miller wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Haven't heard any news on #84 yet?
Just heard on 1040 and here:
http://3downnation.com/2018/08/27/emman ... done-year/
So my first thought was to look at the PR to see what INT receiver was there biding his time to get a shot. Needless to say I was somewhat shocked to see the PR receiving depth, both INT and NAT, begins and ends with Will Watson. I thought that is quite ironic given Hervey was a receiver by trade. Wally always had some INT receiving depth on the PR.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
The_Pauser
Legend

I asked Farhan about Zylstra but he thinks that he's a lock to make the Vikings. Suggested DeVier Posey could be a possibility though.

...sure wish we went after Duron Carter when he was available.
Roar you Lions roar!
tigerrr22
Starter

How about selling more tickets and giving Terrell Owen's a try out? This market would eat it up. 😎
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Not signing Carter looks like a mistake now. It is going to be a long season. If Will Watson is Manny's replacement and they go with the old crew, this team may struggle to beat anyone even Montreal who are playing better now.