Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

javiermq78
prospect

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:03 pm
Javier, I've known players who played both NFL and CFL and they liked CFL for the game and rules and the culture of the CFL but liked the NFL money better!

Welcome!
I can totally see that. Derek Carr signed a 5 year 125 million contract with the Raiders. I think that the average veteran NFL player makes 1.9 million a year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Pro athlete salaries are totally out of wack. Nobody is worth $125 million.
javiermq78
prospect

Yes, athlete salaries are crazy. NBA and MLB players make even more on average than NFL players, Clayton Kershaw makes around 33 million a year and Lebron James makes around 31 million.
Roar87
prospect

Season ticket holder for over 15 years. Believe very strongly that Jennings is a good quarterback, given the coaching staff actually utilizes his skill set. Letting go of Ronnie Yell was a disgrace and believe very, very strongly that Buono is one of the most overrated coaches of all time, in any sport and have wanted him gone for years. Looking forward to breaking things down with y'all.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Roar87 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:22 am
Season ticket holder for over 15 years. Believe very strongly that Jennings is a good quarterback, given the coaching staff actually utilizes his skill set. Letting go of Ronnie Yell was a disgrace and believe very, very strongly that Buono is one of the most overrated coaches of all time, in any sport and have wanted him gone for years. Looking forward to breaking things down with y'all.
Welcome, Roar87. Looking forward to more posts.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Roar87 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:22 am
Letting go of Ronnie Yell was a disgrace and believe very, very strongly that Buono is one of the most overrated coaches of all time, in any sport and have wanted him gone for years. Loo
I'm with you on Buono
Islander
prospect

Hey everyone,

My name's Andrew, I'm 40 yrs old and born and raised on Vancouver Island, in Campbell River. My dad brought me up as a B.C. Lions fan and I went to my first game under the dome in 1985 against the Montreal Concord. When I was in grade 6, the Lios had their training camp in Courtenay and I got signatures of as many as I could. I remember I sat on the bleachers and had a nice conversation with Lui Passaglia.
Now I'm living in Toronto with my wife Lisa, and I'm still an avid Lions fan. Every summer I try and take in as many CFL games as possible from Toronto, and when I'm home on the coast I always make sure I time it so that I can see a game at B.C. Place. I'm a middle school math and science teacher, traveller, photographer and sports nut. Also a big fan of the Canucks and to a lesser degree the Blue Jays and Raptors. I'm trying to become a fan of the Argos, but it's a slow, painful process.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Islander wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:55 pm
Hey everyone,

My name's Andrew, I'm 40 yrs old and born and raised on Vancouver Island, in Campbell River. My dad brought me up as a B.C. Lions fan and I went to my first game under the dome in 1985 against the Montreal Concord. When I was in grade 6, the Lios had their training camp in Courtenay and I got signatures of as many as I could. I remember I sat on the bleachers and had a nice conversation with Lui Passaglia.
Now I'm living in Toronto with my wife Lisa, and I'm still an avid Lions fan. Every summer I try and take in as many CFL games as possible from Toronto, and when I'm home on the coast I always make sure I time it so that I can see a game at B.C. Place. I'm a middle school math and science teacher, traveller, photographer and sports nut. Also a big fan of the Canucks and to a lesser degree the Blue Jays and Raptors. I'm trying to become a fan of the Argos, but it's a slow, painful process.
Welcome. Share your views on games with us some time. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Riderfan67
Rookie

Hi all my name is Terry, glad to be apart of your community , I’m a rider fan but more emportantly a cfl fan . I’m not one of those obnoxious Rider fan just a guy who enjoys watching football .
I live in small town Saskatchewan about 3000 people we all bleed green here in Unity .
I’ve been enjoying watching the season that Lulay is having , really happy for him and your Lions. Just hope he doesn’t do well Saturday haha. Anyway happy to be apart of Lionbackers .
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Riderfan67 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:44 pm
Hi all my name is Terry, glad to be apart of your community , I’m a rider fan but more emportantly a cfl fan . I’m not one of those obnoxious Rider fan just a guy who enjoys watching football .
I live in small town Saskatchewan about 3000 people we all bleed green here in Unity .
I’ve been enjoying watching the season that Lulay is having , really happy for him and your Lions. Just hope he doesn’t do well Saturday haha. Anyway happy to be apart of Lionbackers .
Welcome.

I count myself a CFL fan as well.

Riderfan67
Rookie

Awesome really enjoyed last nights game , that pipkin is pretty good
Orange Crush
prospect

Orange Crush

44 years old been Lions fan since early/mid 80's when my dad use to host Grey cup parties.

Was at the 1994 Grey Cup and got to see Lui kick the game winner live.

Parents have been season ticket holders for years and I have been for the last 3 years after moving back from the interior.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Orange Crush wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:44 am
Orange Crush

44 years old been Lions fan since early/mid 80's when my dad use to host Grey cup parties.

Was at the 1994 Grey Cup and got to see Lui kick the game winner live.

Parents have been season ticket holders for years and I have been for the last 3 years after moving back from the interior.
Welcome. :thup:

Next year brings some hope.

Typhoon_SSN
prospect

Typhoon's surfacing!

Hello everyone, I'm a new fan, I'm an international student who recently discovered Canadian football (sorry for not knowing about it earlier, North American sports like US and Canadian football, baseball etc are a dark and blurry place for us Eastern Europeans!) during a semester in Vancouver, and I've been trying to keep up with what's happening since then! I hope I've found the right place to do so, and that my newbie/"outsider" questions and comments won't bother you too much!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Typhoon_SSN wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 am
Typhoon's surfacing!

Hello everyone, I'm a new fan, I'm an international student who recently discovered Canadian football (sorry for not knowing about it earlier, North American sports like US and Canadian football, baseball etc are a dark and blurry place for us Eastern Europeans!) during a semester in Vancouver, and I've been trying to keep up with what's happening since then! I hope I've found the right place to do so, and that my newbie/"outsider" questions and comments won't bother you too much!
Welcome, Typhoon_SSN. I hope the Canadian Football League's recent efforts to broaden its reach in Europe and elsewhere will help attract more fans and make it easier for you to follow Canadian football overseas.

Lorne