Argos vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Interestin tidbit. I noticed this last week and again tonight. In short yardage situations like 1st and G from the 1 the Lions shift Olafioye back over to RT.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
footballtom
Rookie

jcalhoun wrote:
footballtom wrote:Man that building looks empty
I don't attend games often (about once a year). I briefly considered heading downtown tonight, but traffic from the 'burbs on a Thursday? No thanks. Traffic is so bad two of the guests on the pregame show missed their segments because they were stuck in it. I imagine a lot of people are hunkered down in front of their TVs tonight.

I do not get why canuck fans do not complain if a game is on a Thursday night. and they still get close to a sell out.
swervynmerv
Legend

jcalhoun wrote:
I don't attend games often (about once a year). I briefly considered heading downtown tonight, but traffic from the 'burbs on a Thursday? No thanks. Traffic is so bad two of the guests on the pregame show missed their segments because they were stuck in it. I imagine a lot of people are hunkered down in front of their TVs tonight.
Watching the games from Sasky and the one thing I have noticed lately about Lions crowds is the increase in younger fans and people of ethnicity. It's great to see and I think something the Lions can hopefully build on!
maxlion
Legend

Short yardage game looks good this year. I like seeing Jennings in there. Keeps things moving and gives options.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toronto field goal good 6-3
LakeLions
Rookie

footballtom wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:

I do not get why canuck fans do not complain if a game is on a Thursday night. and they still get close to a sell out.
Tom, I known Lions fans don't want to admit it, but the fan base for the Canucks is a lot larger than for the Lions. Getting 18,000 to GM Place for the Canucks is akin to getting 6000 to a Lions game. But even the Canucks are feeling the pain of not doing well. We'll see how full they are this year
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Gore reception and fumble . Argos recover
swervynmerv
Legend

And that is why Allen was in the Rider doghouse...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice to see Rainey being incorporated into the offence
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Got to cut out the turnovers guys.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:And that is why Allen was in the Rider doghouse...
X2
swervynmerv
Legend

Love the aggressive Lions D this year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

We need some first downs to change the field position
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:We need some first downs to change the field position

or a sack or a pick
Qman
Champion

footballtom wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:

most of the canucks season ticket base is corporate and work downtown ... they just work late and stay downtown ... that why the canucks moved down there

Football has to be on saturday's now here ... traffic is too bad on weekday. Fridays are hard now to due to traffic.
Last edited by Qman on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.