Coach of the Year

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

John Hufnagel, Kent Austin and Chamblin finalist for Coach of the Year. Me thinks Chamblin should win this one

http://cfl.ca/article/chamblin-austin-h ... -finalists
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:John Hufnagel, Kent Austin and Chamblin finalist for Coach of the Year. Me thinks Chamblin should win this one

Makes sense..... Austin maybe but Chamblin should get it....
274always
All Star

Tough break for Milo in spite of having a better reg season than in 2012.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:John Hufnagel, Kent Austin and Chamblin finalist for Coach of the Year. Me thinks Chamblin should win this one

If how they handled the GC last year is a sign, yes, Chamblin by a landslide.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
274always
All Star

announcement is tomorrow AM. I'm guessing Chamblin.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Corey Chamblin's behaviour off the field in addition to on the field can be a factor when voting for such awards, just like how a student who has mostly A's but has behaviour problems might not win the biggest awards. Suppose a coach led the team to a great record and even a championship but was also fined and suspended for disciplinary issues - will that coach be disqualified from winning awards?

Not that he was fined or suspended, but Corey Chamblin certainly didn't behave the best in his last two games. First after winning the 2013 West Division Final he and his players were not around to receive the trophy presentation. And then in the Grey Cup player introductions Chamblin did not cooperate with the pre-game logistics and just told all of his players to storm the field and leaving the PA announcer in a very awkward and embarrassing situation.

Will the voters representing the league retaliate and punish Chamblin by purposely not selecting him? :juggle:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:I wonder if Corey Chamblin's behaviour off the field in addition to on the field can be a factor when voting for such awards, just like how a student who has mostly A's but has behaviour problems might not win the biggest awards. Suppose a coach led the team to a great record and even a championship but was also fined and suspended for disciplinary issues - will that coach be disqualified from winning awards?

Not that he was fined or suspended, but Corey Chamblin certainly didn't behave the best in his last two games. First after winning the 2013 West Division Final he and his players were not around to receive the trophy presentation. And then in the Grey Cup player introductions Chamblin did not cooperate with the pre-game logistics and just told all of his players to storm the field and leaving the PA announcer in a very awkward and embarrassing situation.

Will the voters representing the league retaliate and punish Chamblin by purposely not selecting him? :juggle:
Doubt he'll be punished due to the presentions of trophies and/or players being introduced. I think the position player intros maybe on their way out. The NFL skipped them. I have to admit, I always enjoy seeing the home team being introduced by position (okay one part: offence, defence, specials). Guessing I might be in the minority......

my bet Chamblin gets Coach of the Year......
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like in the end Corey Chamblin was not punished after all as he still won 2013 CFL Coach of the Year.
The CFL Coach of the Year is selected by 59 voting members of the Football Reports of Canada. Chamblin received 39 first place votes.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

how many times as the winner not been the grey cup winner?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:I wonder if Corey Chamblin's behaviour off the field in addition to on the field can be a factor when voting for such awards, just like how a student who has mostly A's but has behaviour problems might not win the biggest awards. Suppose a coach led the team to a great record and even a championship but was also fined and suspended for disciplinary issues - will that coach be disqualified from winning awards?

These are two very good points but my sense is that this will follow GC in Regina - a benediction and anointing - although the most impressive performance had to be how Hamilton got to the final.

I was totally turned off by both those actions as that is a thumbing into the eyes of the broadcaster who has paid good money to air the game and without which the CFL might be a lot worse off than now.

Compare that with the NFL players who willing grabbed their trophies and wore their caps. As one former star said - enjoy these moments as they don't come to everyone and it is a celebration of the work - then tomorrow - start prepping for the next one. You don't need an over the top celebration but enjoy that moment.

I can't see Hufnagel winning but Chambliss looks to me to be the front runner with Austin in the hunt.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:how many times as the winner not been the grey cup winner?
Quite a few times actually since 1980:

2010 - Jim Barker, Toronto Argonauts
2005 - Tom Higgins, Calgary Stampeders
2004 - Greg Marshall, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
2001 - Dave Ritchie, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2000 - Charlie Taaffe, Montreal Alouettes
1999 - Charlie Taaffe, Montreal Alouettes
1998 - Ron Lancaster, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
1996 - Ron Lancaster, Edmonton Eskimos
1994 - Don Matthews, Baltimore CFLers
1993 - Wally Buono, Calgary Stampeders
1987 - Bob O'Billovich, Toronto Argonauts
1983 - Cal Murphy, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
1982 - Bob O'Billovich, Toronto Argonauts
1981 - Joe Faragalli, Saskatchewan Roughriders
1980 - Ray Jauch, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
祝你龍年行大運。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer