Anthony Calvillo retiring ?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:Can we fire Jones and bring in AC as our OC?

Too soon?
AC is not going to leave living in MTL. He made it clear at his retirement that he met his wife there and that is all their kids know and he's not open to moving.

He will intern 180 hours in the Als scouting office as part of finishing a couple of courses for his Bachelors degree. You'd think he'd get that part as an equivalency.

He says he wants the summer off and Als say they like him as a future coach OC and HC - according to Popp. But with the Als HC job not set and Popp in there is there something being kept open for him. The weird part is he wants this summer off so where do they go from here.

I didn't quite grasp what TSN had Dave Naylor talking about with the vacant Als HC job and a search committee without Popp on it as I thought Popp was to be the guy. Maybe AC is in the mix but it'd be a huge step up to be a HC - you'd think.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:Can we fire Jones and bring in AC as our OC?

Too soon?
AC is not going to leave living in MTL. He made it clear that he met his wife and that is all their kids know and he's not open to moving.

He will intern 180 hours in the Als scouting office as part of finishing a couple of courses for his Bachelors degree. You'd think he'd get that part as an equivalency.

He says he wants the summer off and Als say they like him as a future coach OC and HC - according to Popp. But with the Als HC job not set and Popp in there is there something being kept open for him. The weird part is he wants this summer off.
naahh, the weird part is that you think it is weird :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
274always
All Star

AC's step folks live but 2 blocks from my house. She's grounded in Mtl and so will her hubby
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.