This team needs major changes...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

klr
prospect

Utterly pathetic and unacceptable. Wally has ruined and gutted this team, and most of the blame should be on him. He should be fired, along with Benevides. We all know Wally won't be fired. Benevides is awful coach. Never liked him. His whole approach, style and the way he speaks publicly. Just another playoff choke job in the Wally Era.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

No.
Gerry
Legend

Your post is way out of line, klr. Sure, some changes have to be made when success is not achieved, but the GM and coach do not deserve to be fired.
Enough is enough.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

You are high as a kite. Set the computer down. Go outside. Maybe light one up if you have one.

This was utterly predictable. Three loses in a row late in the season. Embarrassments in Calgyra to open the season, and in Toronto, and an amateur hour loss in Montreal. Barely getting a win over Winnipeg at home. Why you expected anything other than what happened today to begin with is beyond me.
InUrFace
Rookie

Im sick of MB ...he isnt a real coach...MB stands for MIke Buono. He is a joke ...with Wally still as GM he wont go we know this. Chap may of seen his last yr along with Stubler. D was weak when Durant ...ran like a RB ...wtf. 3 man dline does not work. Joke. There better be changes if not ...and they have to be major ones...I will not get season tickets ...I shoot myself for having them this season....What was I thinking. Anyways we all just have to sit back and see. I would love to see Logan come back...but LU says he doesnt want to see him come back cuz of his age...wtf LU. Your more of a joke than Wally. One day you act like a coach when speaking on the radio...then you switch into a hater. lol. Season done so lets breathe and wait to see what changes do come. ; ) Have a great yr in 2014 till Football starts again.. When all our opinions and hating on each other will begin again....till then peace.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

A good example of why you should not post when angry...lol.

I was a bit surprised at our first TD that Moore is trash talking and taunting. Gets a call and we kick off way back and they get great field position and get 3 pts that . Some leadership issues on this team but certainly not time for firing.

I'd like to see Mike Benevides take a step up to be a more overseeing HC not a cheer leader.

Late in the game the HC has to be the calm cool guy who can see what the coordinators might not see as they are so into what they are doing and have the HC make some decent suggestions like note for the guys that the only runs are coming from Durant on the draw and how he is not going downfield.

HC might have made an easy call to go with Lulay to start as they have no pressure now to bring back Buck but Lulay despite that fantastic start could not go 9 innings coming off that injury. Lulay was not the problem but the magic was gone in the 4th.

DEF then went back to how they played with DeMarco at QB and did nothing to stop Durant.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
klr
prospect

Benevides should go. Been here 2 seasons and accomplished nothing in playoffs. He may have been good as assistant, but he's terrible as head coach. No idea why people were so high on this guy being promoted to HC. He's Alain Vigneault 2.0, along with the personality.

Further, his refusal to take out DeMarco towards the end of the season, when you have someone Pierce that can take over.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

klr wrote:Benevides should go. Been here 2 seasons and accomplished nothing in playoffs. He may have been good as assistant, but he's terrible as head coach. No idea why people were so high on this guy being promoted to HC. He's Alain Vigneault 2.0, along with the personality.

Further, his refusal to take out DeMarco towards the end of the season, when you have someone Pierce that can take over.
He has things to learn yes, but firing him is not even a minor consideration.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

We are going to be glad to have Wally this off-season, IMO. Obviously some changes will occur, they have to when you lose playoff games (and don't even host one, ala this season). But not only that this season is a special one, IMO, with the expansion draft........
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Off the top of my head, some changes I would like to see: a new safety, Canadian offensive and defensive linemen, couple of defensive linemen, and a new OC
Spud387
Champion

lulz

While I think Chap should go and also MB, Wally should and will stay
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Someone go get a rake and scrape this guy down off the ceiling.

There isn't a worse year to cut a coaching staff loose than this one, with three teams already looking for coaching staffs.

Fix the lines. Re-sign Moore. Get younger in the secondary. Change a co-ordinator.

Don't take a torch to the place.

Yet.
Upper Bowl
Starter

Any way this can be merged with the post game thread?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:lulz

While I think Chap should go and also MB, Wally should and will stay
I'm not sure any BC coach should be fired BUT I do admit it will be a hard, hard sell for their Marketing department to boost season ticket sales.

The Lions football operation will have to account for failing to get their benchmarks:

1. attendance falling in the last two home stands as this team got boring and stale.

2. a home playoff game.

It is bad enough to lose a playoff but this team has failed its own benchmarks.
dpoe
Starter

I'm pretty happy with where we are. Injuries hurt us this year - even in the game (Elimimian). Also numerous missed and phantom calls helped the home team. All in all the Lions perhaps deserved a more favourable outcome today - but that's in the past.

Wally has been exceptional as a coach and GM since he has come over from Calgary, and I hope he hangs around for several more years. I will definitely be renewing my 10 ticket flex pass for next year and make the drive from kamloops for several games next season. Thank you BC Lions for a very entertaining season. See you all training camp in June.