Lions vs. Alouettes Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rodu
Champion

hinsight is 20/20, maybe we should have had Paul punt it into the end zone rathre than trying to pin them, could have used that point
almo89
Legend

Rodu wrote:hinsight is 20/20, maybe we should have had Paul punt it into the end zone rathre than trying to pin them, could have used that point
No way. Letting them catch that hail mary was unacceptable.
Rodu
Champion

almo89 wrote:
Rodu wrote:hinsight is 20/20, maybe we should have had Paul punt it into the end zone rathre than trying to pin them, could have used that point
No way. Letting them catch that hail mary was unacceptable.
should have had deep help from the safety
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

that is gonna hurt
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:Why did the Lions with 2:36 left not let the clock run more? They snapped it after 10 seconds! Even one more second and they would have won the game! This was the most infuriating loss I can remember. I'm totally disgusted.
On the other hand we also took two TCVs (nearly three had we not used our 1st TO) in the 2nd half.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I complained of this last week. Let the kick return team take the kick... ridiculous once again:

03:41 Sean Whyte 34 yard field goal attempt is GOOD.
03:41 Andrew Harris rush for a loss of 2 yards to the BC33. Tackled by Aaron Lavarias.
03:13 Travis Lulay incomplete pass intended for Emmanuel Arceneaux.
03:08 Paul McCallum punts for 33 yards to Mtl44. Tyron Carrier return for 3 yards to Mtl47. Tackled by Jordan Matechuk.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Rodu
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:I complained of this last week. Let the kick return team take the kick... ridiculous once again:

03:41 Sean Whyte 34 yard field goal attempt is GOOD.
03:41 Andrew Harris rush for a loss of 2 yards to the BC33. Tackled by Aaron Lavarias.
03:13 Travis Lulay incomplete pass intended for Emmanuel Arceneaux.
03:08 Paul McCallum punts for 33 yards to Mtl44. Tyron Carrier return for 3 yards to Mtl47. Tackled by Jordan Matechuk.
good point, runs off maybe 5-10 seconds
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:Why did the Lions with 2:36 left not let the clock run more? They snapped it after 10 seconds! Even one more second and they would have won the game! This was the most infuriating loss I can remember. I'm totally disgusted.
Poor coaching
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

This untimely lose at this juncture of the season may come back to haunt us, if we should experience deja vu on rout to the playoffs or a critical season endding game

It became painfully obvious to me, we made no readjustments to change our tendencies at the half :dizzy:

No more excuses...fix the offence and fix it now
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The one that gave me the bad feeling was the timeout called with 15 seconds left. I realize there seemed to be some confusion or they weren't able to get the personnel they wanted shuttled in and out in time thus called the time out. That gave Montreal an extra play. The game clock was just starting to tick down when the time out was called. So Montreal starts that play with 15 seconds left instead of probably 10. Net effect the hail mary toss happens at 9 seconds when there is time for another play instead of maybe at 5 seconds when they probably will not have time to run another play.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
The one that gave me the bad feeling was the timeout called with 15 seconds left. I realize there seemed to be some confusion or they weren't able to get the personnel they wanted shuttled in and out in time thus called the time out. That gave Montreal an extra play. The game clock was just starting to tick down when the time out was called. So Montreal starts that play with 15 seconds left instead of probably 10. Net effect the hail mary toss happens at 9 seconds when there is time for another play instead of maybe at 5 seconds when they probably will not have time to run another play.
Karma prevails as there was no way that the Lions played well enough to win. Think about last week, if Nik Lewis stays in the game then there would have been a big change in their play and play calling and Calgary might have won. Or if Hufnagel doesn't make a huge mistake and punts out of the end zone instead of giving up the safety which then gives the Lions the ball, Calgary might have won.

The Lions are a talented team who routinely get out coached and out played, meaning they are actually mediocre.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions are an average team. If the defence was less than stellar, they would not be sporting a winning record.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote: The Lions are a talented team who routinely get out coached and out played, meaning they are actually mediocre.
^This.
274always
All Star

Never a dull game when BC rolls into town.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Of course I was pulling my hair out on that as well, however who is to say that the Als don't hit the hail mary pass then with our D disorganized. In retrospect it seemed like the Lions were destined to come up on the short end of the score in that game. There were many pivotal plays that fell the Als way to get that win. The football gods bet on the Als straight up, or so it would seem.
Entertainment value = an all time low