Troy Smith signs with the Alouettes

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I was favourably impressed watching this video, something I didn't actually expect.

He speaks very well. Well attuned to the PR aspect of pro sports. Said pretty much all the right things. About football, about life, about the CFL.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/87769/autostart/true
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I was also was very impressed with the interview and it would not surprise me if Popp has pulled a rabbit out of a hat here and has just signed ACs future replacement.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Long overdue. He'd be a star if he would have come up to the CFL right out of college.

But, better late than never. He's ACs successor. They can probably squeeze four years or so out of him.
Last edited by cromartie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Think I'll wait and see him play a few games to see if he's the real deal.
zark
Champion

The Als will treat this new prospect with all the due respect and diligence they showed Adrian McPherson, and their current prospects. ???
He'll get zero playing time, and get strung along. Watch your playing days disappear with the Montreal Alouettes.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
South Pender
Legend

He was great in college (OSU), as his Heisman would suggest, but bounced around the NFL, never really catching on. He's a bit short by prototypical NFL standards (6'0"), but very solid at 225 lbs. Built more like a RB, but can definitely throw. My prediction is that he'll succeed in the CFL--and maybe become great. Too bad he wasn't on our negotiating list. I felt envious when I heard about this.
274always
All Star

zark wrote:The Als will treat this new prospect with all the due respect and diligence they showed Adrian McPherson, and their current prospects. ???
He'll get zero playing time, and get strung along. Watch your playing days disappear with the Montreal Alouettes.
don't be so sure. AC might be calling it quits soon after his concussion on saturday. we may see ol' Troy as early as sept. 3rd.

AC had mentioned to the french media that if the riders game was the last of the season he might think of retiring but that there was 12 more games to be played. hint hint nudge nudge.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
274always
All Star

Looks like it will be Neiswander to start thursday unless AC has a sudden Frosted Flakes ( 'i feel grrrrrreat!' ) moment tomorrow.

I'll get to meet former Vanier Cheetah Patrick Kabongo on the field after the game with his 'mom'.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.