OJ Brigance Dealing with ALS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

http://www.brigancebrigade.org/fund

Tough as nails BC Lion MLB, who is facing a tough battle ahead, my sympathy goes out to him and his family.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sad to see OJ being a shadow of his former self.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Sorry for going a little of topic on this guys, but we live in a society where the divorce rate is over 60%...1 in 2 males and 1 in 3 females will suffer from cancer...1 in 3 are obese and 1 in 4 suffer from diabetes...

It's time we all get very honest with each other...we live in a Western World where the powers that be want us sick...with the collapse of Wall Street and their exotic scams in 2007/08, and the great real estate bubble burst (coming to a neighbourhood in Canada soon) in history, the single greatest money maker for the elite is now HEALTH CARE and PHARMA CARE, which really are one in the same...

Do any of you here actually believe there isn''t a cure for cancer??? I can promise you that I personally know of 3 that work. The sad reality is that unless all of us wake up and take charge of our own lives, including our own health care (starting by what we eat) we are all going to end up like OJ or someone else you probably know in your own family.

The food that we eat is mostly poison...processed foods which are in almost everything now featured in supermarkets are literally poison for our systems because they attack our organs and cause our systems to become acidic...it is under acidic conditions that viruses, bacteria, etc can spread throughout the human body. What isn't acidic??? Fruits and Vegetables...which we all are probably not eating near enough of...one other thing that you can do daily, to help keep your body alkaline is adding baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to your water...it is a great way of neutralizing all the acid in our systems and keeping us healthy, plus it is VERY inexpensive.

And finally, don't let anyone, even your Doctor tell you that ALS is genetic disease and there isn't anything one can do about it...the reality is that genetics plays less than a 3% role in our cell development...in fact, the only reason we have DNA in the Nucleus of each cell is so that the RNA has a blueprint to work from when creating new cells...Dr. Bruce Lipton (the Biology of Belief) successfully took the nucleus out of living cells (and thus the DNA) and the cells continued to function normally without dying...they simply weren't able to reproduce new cells. The fact of the matter is, our bodies, and therefore us, are massively influenced by our environment...over 97% of cell behaviour is a direct result from what occurs in our environment...so what we eat is crucial...how we exercise is key...do we consume alcohol...what kind of music do you listen to? All these environmental factors have a POWERFUL effect on the body, and essentially determine whether we will be sick or not...Even our breathing is a huge key to our health...

Hands up, how many of you actually know how to breath ensuring your own health is good??? I didn't until I took the time to research it...Breath in deeply through your nose while at the same time allowing your STOMACH to expand...this ensures that the lowest part of your lungs gets replenished with fresh air, and removes stale air...and exhale through the nose, NOT the mouth...the mouth is for eating, and eating healthy WHOLE FOODS only, not processed foods...

The single greatest source of all these Brain diseases that have sprung up out of control, like Alzheimers and ALS, are heavy metals...and one of the most common ways humans have significant contact with heavy metals (like Aluminum Oxides) is through our deodorants and anti persperants...they are laced with aluminum (as an agent to encourage drying) and get absorbed straight into the blood steam from our underarms. Yikes! Go to a health food store and get an underarm crystal...they will know what you are asking for...they are effective and benign for our bodies...

And one last thing...STOP USING TOOTHPASTE with Flouride in it...you can make the best "toothpaste" in the world yourself, cheaply and easily...just buy sea salt and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and mix them together in a small container and use that...it is THE BEST way to keep your teeth clean, your teeth white, and your gums healthy...

Sorry about the length of this post, but I care about people's health and apparently no one else in society does...

My very best to OJ and his family!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Rammer
Team Captain

MexicoLionFan wrote:Sorry for going a little of topic on this guys, but we live in a society where the divorce rate is over 60%...1 in 2 males and 1 in 3 females will suffer from cancer...1 in 3 are obese and 1 in 4 suffer from diabetes...

It's time we all get very honest with each other...we live in a Western World where the powers that be want us sick...with the collapse of Wall Street and their exotic scams in 2007/08, and the great real estate bubble burst (coming to a neighbourhood in Canada soon) in history, the single greatest money maker for the elite is now HEALTH CARE and PHARMA CARE, which really are one in the same...

Do any of you here actually believe there isn''t a cure for cancer??? I can promise you that I personally know of 3 that work. The sad reality is that unless all of us wake up and take charge of our own lives, including our own health care (starting by what we eat) we are all going to end up like OJ or someone else you probably know in your own family.

The food that we eat is mostly poison...processed foods which are in almost everything now featured in supermarkets are literally poison for our systems because they attack our organs and cause our systems to become acidic...it is under acidic conditions that viruses, bacteria, etc can spread throughout the human body. What isn't acidic??? Fruits and Vegetables...which we all are probably not eating near enough of...one other thing that you can do daily, to help keep your body alkaline is adding baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to your water...it is a great way of neutralizing all the acid in our systems and keeping us healthy, plus it is VERY inexpensive.

And finally, don't let anyone, even your Doctor tell you that ALS is genetic disease and there isn't anything one can do about it...the reality is that genetics plays less than a 3% role in our cell development...in fact, the only reason we have DNA in the Nucleus of each cell is so that the RNA has a blueprint to work from when creating new cells...Dr. Bruce Lipton (the Biology of Belief) successfully took the nucleus out of living cells (and thus the DNA) and the cells continued to function normally without dying...they simply weren't able to reproduce new cells. The fact of the matter is, our bodies, and therefore us, are massively influenced by our environment...over 97% of cell behaviour is a direct result from what occurs in our environment...so what we eat is crucial...how we exercise is key...do we consume alcohol...what kind of music do you listen to? All these environmental factors have a POWERFUL effect on the body, and essentially determine whether we will be sick or not...Even our breathing is a huge key to our health...

Hands up, how many of you actually know how to breath ensuring your own health is good??? I didn't until I took the time to research it...Breath in deeply through your nose while at the same time allowing your STOMACH to expand...this ensures that the lowest part of your lungs gets replenished with fresh air, and removes stale air...and exhale through the nose, NOT the mouth...the mouth is for eating, and eating healthy WHOLE FOODS only, not processed foods...

The single greatest source of all these Brain diseases that have sprung up out of control, like Alzheimers and ALS, are heavy metals...and one of the most common ways humans have significant contact with heavy metals (like Aluminum Oxides) is through our deodorants and anti persperants...they are laced with aluminum (as an agent to encourage drying) and get absorbed straight into the blood steam from our underarms. Yikes! Go to a health food store and get an underarm crystal...they will know what you are asking for...they are effective and benign for our bodies...

And one last thing...STOP USING TOOTHPASTE with Flouride in it...you can make the best "toothpaste" in the world yourself, cheaply and easily...just buy sea salt and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and mix them together in a small container and use that...it is THE BEST way to keep your teeth clean, your teeth white, and your gums healthy...

Sorry about the length of this post, but I care about people's health and apparently no one else in society does...

My very best to OJ and his family!
I hear this daily from my wife.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

That's good...

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote: Do any of you here actually believe there isn''t a cure for cancer??? I can promise you that I personally know of 3 that work.
Share your cure with the thousands who are suffering the ravages of this terrible disease and get rich
Luke
All Star

I loved O.J. Brigance. He was one of Obie's best recruits. I was just a kid (12 yrs old), but I still remember being pissed the Lions lost him to the Baltimore Stallions. Its heart-breaking to see him with ALS. If he had spent more time with the Lions, I'd say put him on the wall of fame, but he only played three seasons with the Leos.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:That's good...
I can't say I agree with everything you wrote in that lengthy diversion, MLF, but over the years I've gotten a bit gun-shy with over-the-counter medicine. I mean, if you have a headache, it's not because there's not enough aspirin in your body. If you have trouble passing stools, it's not because you aren't taking enough Ex-Lax. And on and on...

The general theme in your message seems to be that we're only addressing the symptoms after the fact and not doing enough to keep us from going down that road in the first place.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Sympathies to him and his family. He's one of very few who have won both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Robbie wrote:Sympathies to him and his family. He's one of very few who have won both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl.
He's the only one to have won the GC and SB for the same city: Baltimore.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
MexicoLionFan wrote: Do any of you here actually believe there isn''t a cure for cancer??? I can promise you that I personally know of 3 that work.
Share your cure with the thousands who are suffering the ravages of this terrible disease and get rich
Get rich by sharing a cure for diseases??? That doesn't happen, because the BIG PHARMA won't allow it...there is no long term financial gain to finding cures, only treating SYMPTONS so that 2 things happen: the disease stays in existence and you have to keep buying the pills that TREAT but don't cure...often with ad nauseum side effects...

I will introduce all of you to 4, of many, cures for cancer and keys for living a healthy, strong, active, long life:

1. Dr. Stanislaw Burynski...Dr. Bursynski, a Polish immigrant to the US in the late 80's, developed a safe cure for cancer that worked on the absolute worst types of cancer, including Brain cancer in Children, which has a 99% death rate...in the new movie out about Dr. Burzynski, an award winning film, it is SICKENING to see what the US government has tried to do to this man for over 20 years...Only recently, after having to fight off over 20 law and criminal suits filed against him by US Government agencies, are US patients LEGALLY allowed to see him...BUT only after going through TRADITIONAL CANCER TREATMENT FIRST, and IF you are still alive, then you can see Dr. Burzynski...now that's Democracy in action for you folks...here is the link to the movie, Burzynski: Cancer is Serious Business, http://www.burzynskimovie.com/...it is a free download on many sites, including topdocumentaryfilms.com and on youtube.

2. Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D and Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D. through a lifetime of studies, experience and research developed their masterpiece in the Best Selling book Forks Over Knives, and now the award winning movie...These Nutritional Doctors from the heartland of the United States had to overcome their personal biases of family towards animal protein...they discovered that animal protein is TOXIC to humans and is literally killing us...ingesting a diet of organic, fresh, WHOLE FOODS of Fruits, Vegetables, Grains and Nuts is a cure for everything including terminal cancer...many of their patients had been sent home from hospitals telling them to prepare to die in weeks, after contacts these men, the patients within in 6 weeks were in FULL REMISSION of their terminal cancers simply by eating these whole foods... As Dr. Bruce Lipton (The Biology of Belief, a must see movie) said, we literally are Cells and Cells are only 3% controlled by genetics and 97% influenced by our ENVIRONMENT, so literally we are what we eat, what we breath, what we watch, what we listen to...please download the book and movie for free at many sites on the internet and on youtube.

3. Dr. Bob Beck spent his life finding whole cures for the human body...things that would treat EVERYTHING by keeping the body healthy...We own an Ozonator, which can be purchased on line or at many health food stores now, and it puts Ozone into water so that the Ozone is digestible...it is amazing, with our whole food diet, juicing and the ozonator, we simply are NEVER sick, and people tell us a lot that they can't believe our ages. His work with microcurrents of energy into the body/blood stream by simply using batteries is absolutely amazing...Dr. Beck was harassed his whole life by the US government, and not long after his release of the cure for cancer, Dr. Beck died under suspicious circumstances...if you go to youtube and search Dr. Bob Beck it will lead you to many of his works, including his presentation on the cure for all illnesses.

4. Dr. Max Gerson...Dr. Albert Schweitzer said "I see in Dr. Max Gerson one of the most eminent geniuses in the history of medicine"...through the ingestion of your food/nutrients by juicing whole, organic, fresh Fruits, Vegetables, Grains and Nuts, the human body can heal anything on it's own including curing or preventing any cancer. Dr. Gerson's work lives on through the Gerson Institute and now the award winning movie "The Gerson Miracle", it is a must see, and can be downloaded for free as mentioned above...

Please enjoy this information and GET HEALTHY!

Just remember what John Mayer wrote in his song "Waiting on the World to Change"

"Now if we had the power
To bring our neighbors home from war
They would've never missed a Christmas
No more ribbons on their door
When you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cuz when they own the information ooohhh,
They can bend it all they want "

PEACE OUT...

Albert Einstein
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing, MLFan.

I have long been a proponent of alternative medicine and health practices. Part of that attitude was just instinctive. Part of it was being blessed with great health and DNA.

In the 1960s, reading Sports Illustrated, there was an article about pro athletes, surgery and drugs. Some free thinking athletes were going against the grain, seeking alternatives to surgery and drugs. At the time chiropractors were called quacks by the medical establishment. But some athletes, knowing their bodies, and being individuals, started to explore chiropractors for help. This was the first I had heard anything good about chiropractors. It opened my eyes.

Nutrition, massage, exercise, herbs, etc., and most importantly, how we think, all those things can and do affect our health.

The med establishment, for selfish reasons, has always lobbied and propagandized against alternative medicine. Credit to those who speak out in favor of alternative medicine.

I will read those sources you sited. Thanks again.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

This is a terribly sad thing to happen to anyone and athletes while not immune to these tragedies like OJ here seem to take it as positively as they can and then work to help organizations make a difference.

WCJ - what I see has happened has been that some very top notch sports physios like Alex McKechnie have really turned recoveries around. As an old SFU friend Alex would always treat my soccer players and if he said X weeks - it was the earliest that the player could safely return. He simply was the best around. There are quite a few local physios now that are former soccer players and today's soccer players laud their work for their recovery. A physio won't help ALS.

While the medical lobby in the USA is very powerful influence on their gov't I don't see any conspiracy in the case of the doctor MLF noted in his post.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... -butyrate/
This writer summarizes what this doctor is doing and had been doing.

The litigation issues from major cases like thalidomide no doubt made the FDA jumpy on any new claims. The money from litigating those claims is so massive that it poses a huge risk to the pharma companies so naturally the regulator is somewhat cautious.

I think most athletes use main stream medicines and now there is the ex hockey star (name escaping me) that is developing talent and eliminating gluten and some other things for their diets.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I think most athletes use main stream medicines and now there is the ex hockey star (name escaping me) that is developing talent and eliminating gluten and some other things for their diets.
Gary Roberts?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/hea ... cle600255/
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
274always
All Star

Thank you for this thread. Very informative. :thup:
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.