Lions @ TiCats, October 22, 2011 Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Winnipeg played terrible and managed to beat the first place and two time defending champions.... we crap the bed to Hamilton who only managed to score 1 offensive TD :bang:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:
but downside is the old jc back as an oc.. no rhythm.. get success and move away from it .. run reverse toshort side.

refuse to use Lee..
It's true then, that leopards don't change their spots.
Does this mean Blitz will be buying that bridge I'm selling in Brooklyn after all?

Remember the old addage not too high in victory...not too low in defeat!
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Depends on how much you're asking
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

[quote="jcalhoun"]Nice. Well, apparently Ray Mariuz sidelines in firefighting and lion-taming.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, this was probably the best game for the Lions to lose. And losing this way might just have been the best outcome for keeping the lads motivated through the final two games of the season.

James[/quote]

Not the best considering the injuries. But that's what you get when u don't try.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote: As mentioned earlier in the thread, this was probably the best game for the Lions to lose. And losing this way might just have been the best outcome for keeping the lads motivated through the final two games of the season.

James
true, hopefully this will serve as a wake up call and the Lions will show up ready to take on the Esks next week. Too bad TO made somewhat of a comeback otherwise the Esks might be overconfident coming into next week's game.

But now we (almost certainly) have to win the next two, against strong opponents with everything to play for. Also, don't forget about Calgary... a home playoff game is not in the bag yet.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Total embarrassment from the opening kickoff
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Our last 12 offensive series:

(1) 2 & out
(2) clock ran out in 1st half
(3) 2 & out
(4) 2 & out
(5) one first down, punt
(6) 2 & out
(7) 2 & out
(8) one first down, turnover on downs
(9) 2 & out
(10) 2 & out with INT return for TD on a 3rd down gamble
(11) Jarious fumble
(12) Jarious INT

That's four turnovers with a whopping two first downs and zero points in the second half. BRUTAL. :tp:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:Nice. Well, apparently Ray Mariuz sidelines in firefighting and lion-taming.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, this was probably the best game for the Lions to lose. And losing this way might just have been the best outcome for keeping the lads motivated through the final two games of the season.

James
Not the best considering the injuries. But that's what you get when u don't try.

All posts are right. Not too high in victory not too low in defeat which means your team has a better chance to learn the lessons in the game - the good side and the bad side - and get ready for the next game.

This can be to a good coach a good learning point in the season as it it does end the run and you are still in the playoffs as the more they win in a row, the closer it is to a loss. Losing like this has a chance to get things right.

What is not good is ST and no sign of that getting better.

What is bad is that the Old JC is back. Harris hurt and Lee unused but almost gets a great first down showing he has unused skills and he is not the best blocker... Sanders makes a nice play and that's it for the night.... JC runs a reverse from the hache mark to the sideline just like my HS coach would do. He would then lose the chance to run it wide... jc is similar...

They weren't going to run the board so this makes next weeks game with the ESKS huge and I'd settle for a non home playoff to see their team make the GC final vs the Bombers. Esks sucked in the last part of their game this week so they can be beaten... it was just that Jyles wasn't testing them.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hope Solomon Elimimian is ready to play; otherwise it could be a long night.
The_Pauser
Legend

I hope to see a new backup QB next year. I really think we're wasting SMS space on Jarious who hasn't even been various this year...he's just been bad.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I don't have the faith in Jackson that some people do. Still overthrowing and underthrowing receivers. He has not improved at all in this area.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:I don't have the faith in Jackson that some people do. Still overthrowing and underthrowing receivers. He has not improved at all in this area.
I like the idea of having JJ around, but it was a good time to give Reilly some reps with the bullets flying. Time to think about 2012 and the pecking order of QB's. Besides IMO, Reilly is the guy now that should be the #2.
Entertainment value = an all time low