Leos Win Silences Buono-Bashing Bloggers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

[quote="PigSkin_53 quote]

Don't hold your breath waiting for the leopard change his spots Blitz...if that was the case we would have been back to the GC in 2008 or at least by now.

If you somehow think that Jacques has seen the light of his iniquities, and has now converted to the righteousness of a balanced offence for duration of the season, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might like to buy.

If indeed we do see just that, it will be because of collective pressure on Wally has forced him to move out his comfort zone, basically dictating (mentoring) Chap to do his bidding, leaving Wally holding the bag if things go awry again.

The biggest question here is who is mentoring Wally?[/quote]

Lionbackers is trying to mentor Wally!! :wink:

How much for the bridge in Brooklyn Pigskin? :wink: I realize that I'm being overly optomistic about Chap, who has had great game plans before and changed his scheme only to revert back to ChapBall. Howver, there is incredbie pressure on our Leos coaching staff to change and for the first time ever, I really believe they know their jobs are on the line and as long as that pressure is there I think the present direction will remain. However I also realize that if they get back into a comfort zone they will go back to their previous tendancies.

Its been so frustrating for so long that I guess i just want to have hope....because its been sorely missing for me and while I may not be happy with our Leos coaching staff I am a die hard Leos fan and I there are a lot of players on this Leos team who are deserving of being put in schemes where their talent can flourish.

However, should this present direction change I'll go back to the glass half empty and make you a serious offer for that bridge.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote: ... One of the hallmarks of a Chapdelaine offence is if something works, he abandons it.
So in other words: One of the hallmarks of a Chapdelaine offence is if something works, he drops it :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote: ... One of the hallmarks of a Chapdelaine offence is if something works, he abandons it.
So in other words: One of the hallmarks of a Chapdelaine offence is if something works, he drops it :wink:
That too ! :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:[quote="PigSkin_53 quote]

Don't hold your breath waiting for the leopard change his spots Blitz...if that was the case we would have been back to the GC in 2008 or at least by now.

If you somehow think that Jacques has seen the light of his iniquities, and has now converted to the righteousness of a balanced offence for duration of the season, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might like to buy.

If indeed we do see just that, it will be because of collective pressure on Wally has forced him to move out his comfort zone, basically dictating (mentoring) Chap to do his bidding, leaving Wally holding the bag if things go awry again.

The biggest question here is who is mentoring Wally?
Lionbackers is trying to mentor Wally!! :wink:

How much for the bridge in Brooklyn Pigskin? :wink: I realize that I'm being overly optomistic about Chap, who has had great game plans before and changed his scheme only to revert back to ChapBall. Howver, there is incredbie pressure on our Leos coaching staff to change and for the first time ever, I really believe they know their jobs are on the line and as long as that pressure is there I think the present direction will remain. However I also realize that if they get back into a comfort zone they will go back to their previous tendancies.

Its been so frustrating for so long that I guess i just want to have hope....because its been sorely missing for me and while I may not be happy with our Leos coaching staff I am a die hard Leos fan and I there are a lot of players on this Leos team who are deserving of being put in schemes where their talent can flourish.

However, should this present direction change I'll go back to the glass half empty and make you a serious offer for that bridge.[/quote][/quote]

Do you also believe in the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus ? :wink:
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
TheLionKing...I believed in Santa much later than most of my peers and the same goes for the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

Those were replaced by the magic of football...and there was nothing more magical than the feeling I got when the leaves turned yellow and brown and red, the air was crisp, the grass was wet with dew, and a football spiraled through an autumn sky. Each Leos season always had that touch of magic. And then Chap came along and the magic was replaced by eternal frustration.

Somehow, I still want to believe that the Ghost of Football Past just recently visited Chap and tortured him with a legion of hobgoblins, all of his own creations, as in his non-existent anti-blitz packages, with slotbacks blocking and empty backfields that got our quartebacks destroyed, how his pocket passing robotic predictable offence made opposition defensive coordinators salivate, how his lack of committment to the running game had opposition defensive ends thinking about a sack frenzy when they played us, and how he made second and one seem like second and twenty. However, even though Chap said I'm too set in my ways and beyond hope! Go and redeem some younger, more promising creature, and leave me to keep football in my own way" the Ghost of Football Past had an impact on Chap.

Somehow I want to believe that the Ghost of Football Present recently visited Chap and made him see how ridiculous he looks on the sidelines, looking like a traffic cop, when we have wireless communication to the quarterback...just so he can be seen more on TSN ...and that the ghost has shown him that a screen pass is not a foreign concept.

I want to believe that the Ghost of Football Future has visited Chap and said I am here for your reclamation, take heed, rise, and walk with me. and showed him what it would be like being the combination receivers coach/equipment manager on MacAuley Field at Mt. Allison University and that scared the #&@# out of of Chap enough to ask "Are these the shadows of things that must be, or are they the shadows of things that MIGHT be?

I want to belive that Chap woke up and said to all the dedicated Leo fans "Can you forgive a pig-headed fool with no eyes to see with and no ears to hear with all these years...I haven't taken leave of my senses but I've come to them" and will now go on to become the most innovative offensive coordinator who ever coached in the CFL.

Was I dreaming???? :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
kacbru
prospect

Blitz wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
TheLionKing...I believed in Santa much later than most of my peers and the same goes for the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

Those were replaced by the magic of football...and there was nothing more magical than the feeling I got when the leaves turned yellow and brown and red, the air was crisp, the grass was wet with dew, and a football spiraled through an autumn sky. Each Leos season always had that touch of magic. And then Chap came along and the magic was replaced by eternal frustration.

Somehow, I still want to believe that the Ghost of Football Past just recently visited Chap and tortured him with a legion of hobgoblins, all of his own creations, as in his non-existent anti-blitz packages, with slotbacks blocking and empty backfields that got our quartebacks destroyed, how his pocket passing robotic predictable offence made opposition defensive coordinators salivate, how his lack of committment to the running game had opposition defensive ends thinking about a sack frenzy when they played us, and how he made second and one seem like second and twenty. However, even though Chap said I'm too set in my ways and beyond hope! Go and redeem some younger, more promising creature, and leave me to keep football in my own way" the Ghost of Football Past had an impact on Chap.

Somehow I want to believe that the Ghost of Football Present recently visited Chap and made him see how ridiculous he looks on the sidelines, looking like a traffic cop, when we have wireless communication to the quarterback...just so he can be seen more on TSN ...and that the ghost has shown him that a screen pass is not a foreign concept.

I want to believe that the Ghost of Football Future has visited Chap and said I am here for your reclamation, take heed, rise, and walk with me. and showed him what it would be like being the combination receivers coach/equipment manager on MacAuley Field at Mt. Allison University and that scared the #&@# out of of Chap enough to ask "Are these the shadows of things that must be, or are they the shadows of things that MIGHT be?

I want to belive that Chap woke up and said to all the dedicated Leo fans "Can you forgive a pig-headed fool with no eyes to see with and no ears to hear with all these years...I haven't taken leave of my senses but I've come to them" and will now go on to become the most innovative offensive coordinator who ever coached in the CFL.

Please Chap, listen to the ghost of football future! Unfortunately, when it comes to most innovative OC in the CFL vs. collegiate jockstrap holder, I don't like the odds.
pdxlion
Rookie

hwgill wrote:
pdxlion wrote:
hwgill wrote:I disagree about Lulay. Yes, he's young yet, but I really do not believe he is capable of ever being more than a good QB. That he will never be on the level of AC, or Dickenson, or any of the other greats that have played in the CFL. Yes, there were a lot of drops in the first games this year, but there were also a lot of missed opportunities as well. And I have to ask, why was PJ ignored in Friday's game? We have now three high-powered receivers in Simon, PJ, and Bruce with guys like Gore who show a great deal of promise, and yet, PJ never had the ball thrown his way. I find that strange in light of the results of the first games when PJ was hurt. I don't think Lulay is seeing the field.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong about him, I hope I am, but so far, I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Especially after he lost it two weeks ago and had to be pulled.

Our O is still weak, and that is on Chap and Lulay. I will never stop saying that Chap needs to be given his walking papers. I don't give a damn if occasionally he calls a good game. His few successes do NOT give him a free ride in the crap games...the crap games are just too many.
I pretty much disagree with most of what you said. The game against Hamilton our oline was a sieve. AC in there wouldn't have helped. As for the last game and PJ? Not sure you're seeing the game very well. The few times PJ was on the field was as a blocker, I don't think he was even in a read progression as an option. I guess you could blame Chap for that but not Lulay.
Well, I guess you didn't read my post well. I said that he is not capable of being a great QB like AC and DD. I'm not going to point at any particular game and disect the O-line and how well they did or didn't protect, rather, in general terms, even with protection, Lulay is not getting it done on the field and will never be able to either.

Regarding PJ, if he gets assigned blocking duties instead of recieving duties, that IS the fault of the OC.

My basic point is this: Chap is in charge of the overall offense, and our offense is offensively weak. Lulay is the one on the field, the general if you will, and he is incapable of completing passes consistently. Yes, he has lots of yards, but that is on the receivers, not Lulay. Many times the recievers have been able to break away and get the YAC, those yards are added to the QB yardage, which is not a clear indicator of how well the QB is throwing.
Well if YAC don't count and aren't a clear indicator, we should take them away from all the qb's in the league. Regarding PJ, if he's a better blocker than someone and that other person is catching footballs, why do you care who catches the ball?
Last edited by pdxlion on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Yards after the catch is a good indicator of the difference between this year's offence and last year's. Last year the Lions were last in the league with 1,600 YAC, an average of 89 per game. This year they're among the league leaders, averaging 117 yards per game. Part of that is due to the explosiveness of receivers such as Gore, Foster and Johnson, but part of it is also due to changes in play design that more often put the ball in the hands of receivers in space.

Another indicator of changes to B.C.'s offence this year is red-zone scoring. Last year when the Lions got inside the 20 yard line they scored touchdowns 45% of the time. This year that touchdown rate is up to 60%.

Unfortunately, B.C.'s defence has given up touchdowns on a league-high 68% of red-zone scoring chances. Defensive breakdowns are largely to blame for the team's 1-6 start but they've shown good signs of turning that around lately.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:

Great post Blitz :rockin:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Blitz wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:

Bravo Blitz…

Humorous light-hearted comedy summoning up childhood memories of hope of redemption, in a parody there is some way to remake Jacques in the image of a reformed offensive coordinator, by the three spirits of hope, faith, and charity.

I hope Chaps is in a generous mood for Christmas this season Blitz. :tease:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rammer
Team Captain

PigSkin_53 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
Blitz wrote:

Bravo Blitz…

Humorous light-hearted comedy summoning up childhood memories of hope of redemption, in a parody there is some way to remake Jacques in the image of a reformed offensive coordinator, by the three spirits of hope, faith, and charity.

I hope Chaps is in a generous mood for Christmas this season Blitz. :tease:
Wally had the offensive and defensive coaches self scout their first 8 games, hope that they are honest with themselves.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Wally had the offensive and defensive coaches self scout their first 8 games, hope that they are honest with themselves.
I think we know what they found:

Good schemes. Good game plans. Good play calling. Good coaching.

Repeated failure to execute by the players, leading to many losses.
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Rammer wrote:Wally had the offensive and defensive coaches self scout their first 8 games, hope that they are honest with themselves.
I think we know what they found:

Good schemes. Good game plans. Good play calling. Good coaching.

Repeated failure to execute by the players, leading to many losses.
So much for that win vs the Eskimos silencing the bloggers.....:)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Wally had the offensive and defensive coaches self scout their first 8 games, hope that they are honest with themselves.
Benevides and Chapdelaine won't see what others see on the films.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Benevides and Chapdelaine won't see what others see on the films.
But most importantly they will see what Wally sees, job security 101.