Why do the Manitoba Moose have to move from Winnipeg?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Without having done any research on the situation, I am curious why the Moose have to move from Winnipeg with the return of the Jets?

In Vancouver we have the Canucks and the Giants. We also have the Heat in Chilliwack.

Can Winnipeg not support both the Jets and the Moose?

Is it more about ownership conflicts in regard to the rink?

The Moose have been a terrific association for the Canucks in Winnipeg. I expect the successful partnership will continue no matter where the Moose end up.

By the way, congratulations to the great fans of Winnipeg. You deserve an NHL franchise. Looking forward to our rivalry. :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The Moose does not have to move from Winnipeg but I highly doubt the city can support 2 pro hockey franchises.
MacNews
Team Captain

They will barely be able to support the New Jets, and will require a sell-out every game to do so. So supporting both the New Jets AND the Moose is out of the question.
Don Miller
Legend

Well first of all Winnipeg only has 900000 and there is no way the Moose and the Jets or whatever they are going to be called can make it a small market. The Bombers are also big in the Peg. The Abbotsford Heat are located in Abbotsford and there is the problem, poor attendance unless the Moose were playing. The folks in Abbotsford are having to cough up another 1.2 million for a Calgary Flames AHL Team who didn't even make the playoffs this year. Too bad the Moose can'r move to Abbotsford and the Heat to the Maritimes..
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
kcin94
prospect

The Giants and Canucks don't play in the same arena. There is no other arena in Winnipeg that can support the Moose even if the fan support was there for both teams (which there might be. They just won't get the support the Moose used to get, however they were 2nd best in attendance, so there is room to go down)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

With the size of the MTS Centre (hockey seating capacity of 15,002)......ticket price range will only accommodate the wealthy......suffice it to say, when I move back to Winnipeg I will be content with Bomber season tickets.
Lloyd
JanetVander
prospect

Oh I cant afford that.