Yonus Davis

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Who knows...he could always end up in Edmonton ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Rammer
Team Captain

Wally, in the future when you find a gem, offer him the money up front so he doesn't have to find an alternative method of employment to supplement his income. What a gaffe by Yonus and all you can deem from this is that when he does something, he does it big.

Remember when the Stamps receiver Allen Pitts was busted for steroids (a large supply as well), which was speculated that it was destined for the Stamps team. Have to wonder where this loot was headed.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MacNews
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Wally, in the future when you find a gem, offer him the money up front so he doesn't have to find an alternative method of employment to supplement his income.
I'm sorry Rammer, but you can't blame drug dealing on Wally. He had nothing to do with it. If Yonus was rational he would've seen the big pay-day he was about to receive. Now he won't get any of it..how sad.
Rammer
Team Captain

MacNews wrote:
Rammer wrote:Wally, in the future when you find a gem, offer him the money up front so he doesn't have to find an alternative method of employment to supplement his income.
I'm sorry Rammer, but you can't blame drug dealing on Wally. He had nothing to do with it. If Yonus was rational he would've seen the big pay-day he was about to receive. Now he won't get any of it..how sad.
No problems, that wasn't to be taken seriously. As for big payday, well I think that he was expecting that sooner rather than later.
Entertainment value = an all time low
bclions16
Champion

Rammer wrote:Wally, in the future when you find a gem, offer him the money up front so he doesn't have to find an alternative method of employment to supplement his income. What a gaffe by Yonus and all you can deem from this is that when he does something, he does it big.

Remember when the Stamps receiver Allen Pitts was busted for steroids (a large supply as well), which was speculated that it was destined for the Stamps team. Have to wonder where this loot was headed.
I hope this also isn't to be taken seriously.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Check his profile page on the Leos website:

"Above all, your actions define you as a man and as a player."
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote:
Rammer wrote:Wally, in the future when you find a gem, offer him the money up front so he doesn't have to find an alternative method of employment to supplement his income. What a gaffe by Yonus and all you can deem from this is that when he does something, he does it big.

I hope this also isn't to be taken seriously.
The list is a growing concern, players/futures of extra-ordinary and stand out abilities imploding, robbing us of their talents.

Sammy Green

Josh Boden

Yonus Davis

Who'll be next in line?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm wondering if there isn't more to this story just yet. Today's piece in the Province kinda hinted that way, IMO. Regardless, I think its smart football/business practice to know for sure before cutting a player loose. If he has blown it, I'm sure gonna miss watching him play....
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:I'm wondering if there isn't more to this story just yet. Today's piece in the Province kinda hinted that way, IMO. Regardless, I think its smart football/business practice to know for sure before cutting a player loose. If he has blown it, I'm sure gonna miss watching him play....
well, he had the stuff in his possesion and has admitting to knowing that he did. Short of someone holding a gun to one or more members of his family, no other facts really make any difference.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Based on Mike Beamish's story in today's Sun I think the best case scenario is Davis plea bargaining for a lesser sentence and the over crowded Califronia prison population working in his favour. Little scary the package was sent from Bellingham ( a Davis family member?) making you wonder how long this has been going on for.
On April 9, Davis allegedly was the recipient of a FedEx parcel shipped from Bellingham, Wash., to his residence in Milpitas, Calif.

The shipment was addressed to Jane Davis, at the same address. The sender's name on the parcel was Richard Davis, who lives on Michigan Street in Bellingham. According to a statement in court documents, Yonus Davis acknowledged he was expecting the shipment of 40 "boats" of ecstasy.

A "boat" contains approximately 1,000 tablets of the drug. Davis admitted that he was expecting to earn $20,000 from the sale of the contraband.

DEA agents, posing as FedEx workers when they confronted Davis, said they were tipped off by FedEx employees, who opened the suspicious package earlier in the day and, inside, found approximately 27 kg (67 pounds) of ecstasy.

Agents also recovered $7,000 US in cash from his BMW 745i, the flagship vehicle of the German automaker.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote: FedEx employees, who opened the suspicious package earlier in the day
I wouldnt think that would be legal??
Ravi
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:
SammyGreene wrote: FedEx employees, who opened the suspicious package earlier in the day
I am guessing that if there is a "reasonable" suspicion of drugs or some other illegal substance in a parcel, that they do have the authority to open it. That is only a guess however.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:
I am guessing that if there is a "reasonable" suspicion of drugs or some other illegal substance in a parcel, that they do have the authority to open it. That is only a guess however.
yet if the police have a more than "reasonable" suspicion, they still cannot search, you, your car, your packages or your home, etc, without a warrent or just cause beyond simple suspicion.. Doesnt make sense to me.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I've seen speculation that the package may have been damaged in shipping, revealing its contents. A 67-pound package of pills could make a big mess if dropped.