Game Day Thread - Super Bowl - Packers and Steelers

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

OK. I turned the game on finally.

Saw Rodgers dodge traffic and throw a beauty for a TD.

Saw a Packer DB get an Int for a TD.

Whooo Hoooooo

I like both teams, but am not too impressed with Roethlisberger's behaviour off field. He is a helluva QB however, and is usually better as the game goes on.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Watching once in a while.

Packers just scored a nice TD to start the 4th Q.

28 - 17.

On a turnover by Mendenhall. He fumbled when tackled by 2 guys, including Clay Matthews.
Tighthead
Legend

Rodgers seems like a class act and throws a nice ball. No TE to speak of, very little running game, some egregious drops and they still got it done.

I watched on PVR which is always surreal but it was a good game.
'
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:Rodgers seems like a class act and throws a nice ball. No TE to speak of, very little running game, some egregious drops and they still got it done.

I watched on PVR which is always surreal but it was a good game.
'
Rodgers is awesome.

GM Ted Thompson looks so good right now. Young team. Built thru draft. Let Favre walk. And has Aaron Rodgers ready to play. Thompson took a lot of heat for a few years.

Also made a great selection for Head Coach, Mike McCarthy.

Nice to see Tom Clements as Quarterbacks Coach as Aaron Rodgers hits superstardom.
hwgill
Legend

What a waste of time...No Fun League. Nothing but marketing.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:What a waste of time...No Fun League. Nothing but marketing.
Oh yeah. Lots of that.

Not a bad game. Didn't watch the whole thing.

Most Super Bowls IMO have been ultra boring.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

You wish you could be us.

Signed,

The NFL profit/loss statement
hwgill
Legend

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
You wish you could be us.

Signed,

The NFL profit/loss statement
No, I really don't give a flying f**k for the NFL, or anything to do with it. What does piss me off is when it interferes with a show that I want to watch. Like it did tonight, Flashpoint was on right after, set to record to PVR. I lost the end of Flashpoint because of that stupid freaking game.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Not a bad game but certainly nothing like the Steelers last trip to the Superbowl. IMO, BigBen could easily be 3-0 (or 0-3 for that matter) in Superbowls. The Packers deserved this one for sure but their 18 point lead thankfully didn't hold up. I am no Steelers fan so it was with some relief for me to not see BigBen win via a late drive. Another Superbowl 'factoid' that stayed true is no team has lost a Superbowl when their defence has returned an interception for a touchdown (Packers). Certainly not surprising and also not surprising that the team giving up three turnovers is the one that lost (Steelers). If this is what an injured Packers roster can accomplish, their odds are good for defending at Lucas Oil Stadium next season.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

hwgill wrote:What does piss me off is when it interferes with a show that I want to watch. Like it did tonight, Flashpoint was on right after, set to record to PVR. I lost the end of Flashpoint because of that stupid freaking game.
I'd like to sympathize but I've never heard of Flashpoint much less watched it to know if it's worth taping. Like the NFL or not today's Super Bowl was a very entertaining football game by any league's standard.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Pretty good game. I'd rate it a 7/10. Mixed bag really. Some sublime plays interspersed with some bad plays (dropped passes, misfires, turnovers). Exciting finish, but the result wasn't seriously in doubt on the Steelers last drive (thanks, in part, to a senseless penalty on the kick-off that killed any momentum).

Despite wearing the goat horns due to the fumble, I thought Rashard Mendenhall was the best player on the field today.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

As long as Big Ben didnt win. Go Packers. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing