Seen today in Peter King's MMQB Columm and ESPN

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

strait8
Starter

You probably all know that Peter king writes the one of the best column's on the NFL every Monday. This is Monday Morning Quarter Back. It is my essential read each Monday of the year. You can find it here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

Each week Peter king has "Ten Things I Think I Think". Topping the list at Number 1 this week was this little comment:

Ten Things I Think I Think

"1. I think this is what I liked about Week 11:

a. Cameron Wake, the Miami outside linebacker, who rushes the passer the way Pete Rose ran the bases. Irrepressible."

From Scouts Inc on the ESPN website was this front page call-out

After watching the Week 11 matchups, Scouts Inc. shares these key observations:

1. Miami Dolphins LB Cameron Wake was the best player on the field against the Chicago Bears. He has continued to get more powerful, and his explosion is excellent. The former two-time Canadian Football League defensive player of the year strikes his target on the rise and generates a lot of pop from his hips. Wake has good speed and has developed an array of pass-rush moves. At this point, he is one of the premier pass-rushers in the NFL, and his run defense has improved immensely.

Wake continues to impress and is Honolulu bound for as Pro-Bowl selection OLB. People are noticing this ex-lion and that is great for bringing in future players who are on the cusp and need the CFL to showcase their talents
Willie Fleming is the Best Lion ever!!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Guess not much chance of getting him back then? :clown:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Guess not much chance of getting him back then? :clown:
maybe as a guest coach at TC

Good to see him getting the pub, it's a great story and he has earned it! :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

D wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Guess not much chance of getting him back then? :clown:
maybe as a guest coach at TC

Good to see him getting the pub, it's a great story and he has earned it! :beauty:
Yes, his work ethic is second to none and you have to appreciate the reward that he has achieved due to it. Top that off with his attitude, just remember the contract obligation he committed to when it looked like the CFLPA wanted him and a few others to contest it. Now I just want to know if he has a younger brother that plays DE. :pray:
Entertainment value = an all time low
joe kapp22
Legend

He also has made it known he expects a raise for his performance.

Cannot blame him, he is in yr #2 of a 4 yr pact, but his contract number is more or less that of a role playing NFLer.

Now, it is on Wally Buono and Roy Shivers to find the "next" Wake, or even Foley, and we just happen to have a slot open for a passrushing DE.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
ziggy
Legend

Or better yet find another Stevie Baggs who has, in my opinion, been the best DE resigning in the CFL this year. Foley hasn't really done much, but maybe he'll rebound next year.
joe kapp22
Legend

Just to throw this out there, Mike B has said he occasionally is in contact with Wake via text messaging.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

ziggy wrote:Or better yet find another Stevie Baggs who has, in my opinion, been the best DE resigning in the CFL this year. Foley hasn't really done much, but maybe he'll rebound next year.
Basing the decision solely on talent, I would have preferred Baggs as he is a force that the opposition has to deal with on every down. But Foley does have the NI status that gives you a good DE, but allows a team to place an import in at safety for example. Baggs did get the higher contract and that has to show you that the GM's thought Baggs still had the upper value even given his import to non import status.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ziggy
Legend

Rammer wrote:
ziggy wrote:Or better yet find another Stevie Baggs who has, in my opinion, been the best DE resigning in the CFL this year. Foley hasn't really done much, but maybe he'll rebound next year.
Basing the decision solely on talent, I would have preferred Baggs as he is a force that the opposition has to deal with on every down. But Foley does have the NI status that gives you a good DE, but allows a team to place an import in at safety for example. Baggs did get the higher contract and that has to show you that the GM's thought Baggs still had the upper value even given his import to non import status.
Yeah I agree Rammer, if you're shopping based on NI status, Foley brings some ratio credits that neither Wake or Baggs possess. I was posting based strictly on talent as the thread was originally on Cam Wake who was more talented than Foley but like Baggs an import and a guy many would like back.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

strait8 wrote:
a. Cameron Wake, the Miami outside linebacker, who rushes the passer the way Pete Rose ran the bases. Irrepressible."

1. Miami Dolphins LB Cameron Wake was the best player on the field against the Chicago Bears. He has continued to get more powerful, and his explosion is excellent. The former two-time Canadian Football League defensive player of the year strikes his target on the rise and generates a lot of pop from his hips. Wake has good speed and has developed an array of pass-rush moves. At this point, he is one of the premier pass-rushers in the NFL, and his run defense has improved immensely.

Wake continues to impress and is Honolulu bound for as Pro-Bowl selection OLB. People are noticing this ex-lion and that is great for bringing in future players who are on the cusp and need the CFL to showcase their talents
Thanks for posting that, strait.

Lots of fans of Cam Wake here in B.C.

Very nice guy. Amazing talent. Nice to see him do so well in the NFL.

Recall his first game with the Lions? 3 sacks. It does not take long for talent to show.

Wake, Hunt, Williams, Johnson. Wow. You sure don't need to blitz or mix things up with talent like that.

We are back in the pack now in terms of our talent. But the top teams are within reach, if ... we give our players competitive game plans.
joe kapp22
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:
strait8 wrote:

Thanks for posting that, strait.

Lots of fans of Cam Wake here in B.C.

Very nice guy. Amazing talent. Nice to see him do so well in the NFL.

Recall his first game with the Lions? 3 sacks. It does not take long for talent to show.

Wake, Hunt, Williams, Johnson. Wow. You sure don't need to blitz or mix things up with talent like that.

We are back in the pack now in terms of our talent. But the top teams are within reach, if ... we give our players competitive game plans.

Well, we have two pieces in Keron Williams and Mitchell, Hunt played well when he returned, so I am of the opinion that we are not as far away from base formations generating pressure..passrushing DE..

Wake has a mohawk nowadays, not sure if he had one in BC.
strait8
Starter

Cameron Wake's Contract

It seems to me that I read Wake has a clause in contract which allows him to reopen negotiations with the team if he reaches 10 sacks. He currently has 9.5 with 5 games left. This should mean a very big payday for CW. Especially when coupled with a Pro Bowl starting spot which is normally bonused.

And to think he was the last free agent brought in by the Lions his first year. on top of missing his workout with Obie. Truly the line "You have come a long way Baby" would seem to fit here to a T.
Willie Fleming is the Best Lion ever!!