Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

ctsaunderson wrote:Hey everybody,
My name is Chris Saunderson, I'm from Victoria. Just getting into football this year, and took my family to a game last weekend, and it was awesome! I look forward to learning more about the game and talking about it too.
Welcome, Chris! I'm from Victoria as well-great to see another fan from here! There's a lot of knowledge on this board, so have fun! Glad you and your family enjoyed the game-hopefully there'll be lots more to come. :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Welcome Chris and family, to lionbackers.com.

I too live in Victoria and make trips over to games, or at times go to whomever's house has the biggest Hi Def TV. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
bloggins
prospect

Hey all

Been a lions fan since my first game at Ex stadium as a little kid. I'm one of those people that like BC place. As most of you I even supported them through the Pezim years.

Stats

Married
6'6
275lbs
a former season ticket holder (live to far enough away now, but catch all the games on TV)
as for other sports...there are no other sports only football

had my honeymoon in regina to attend Sask home opener vs the lions 11 years ago

looking forward to chatting up some football

Cam
Anglophone
All Star

High school student from Surrey. 17 years old, this is my first season really following the Lions.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:High school student from Surrey. 17 years old, this is my first season really following the Lions.
Welcome, anglophone. Hope you enjoy the party.
Rammer
Team Captain

bloggins wrote:Hey all

Been a lions fan since my first game at Ex stadium as a little kid. I'm one of those people that like BC place. As most of you I even supported them through the Pezim years.

Stats

Married
6'6
275lbs
a former season ticket holder (live to far enough away now, but catch all the games on TV)
as for other sports...there are no other sports only football

had my honeymoon in regina to attend Sask home opener vs the lions 11 years ago

looking forward to chatting up some football

Cam
Welcome Bloggins, I am a BC Place supporter. I am sure that you will enjoy some of the old time CFL talk that we bring up around here every now and then.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Polariss
prospect

Hey all,
Been a Lions fan since i was 15, going on 27 years. Have been lurking these forums for awhile since it is pretty much the best place to get up to the min info on the team. From the interior so dont get to see too many games down there (sadly last game i did watch from the stands was the Mon/Edm Grey Cup) but i watch every game on tv.
Anyways hope to add to some of the intelligent well thought out discussions here :)
Passagliaforever
prospect

Hi there people,

My name is Jordan. I'm 27. I live in Calgary and have been a die hard Lions fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper. The biggest thrill of my time as a Lions fan was when I got the chance to meet Bob Ackles way back when he went into the CFL hall of fame. I wore my Sean Millington jersey in a pooring rain storm and lined up an hour ahead of time just so I could meet Bob and get my picture taken with the Grey Cup. I still have the picture in a frame along with the autograph. My favorite memory of being a Lions fan was the 2000 Grey Cup victory. I have both the 2000 and the 2006 Grey Cup hats. My favorite Lions related posession is an autographed Geroy Simon poster. I also have a tradition where if the Lions win the Grey Cup I bought a flag and wrote the years and the scores of their Grey Cup wins on it. I call it my Grey Cup championship banner. I hang the flag proudly in my room for all to see once the Grey Cup is over...and it doesn't come off my wall until the following season if and when the Lions are defeated and their title defence comes to an end.

I guess this makes me a Lions fan hey?

Hope to meet some good people out there in Lions land

Jordan
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Passagliaforever wrote:

Jordan
Not quite yet J. First you must answer a couple questions:

Printers, or Lulay?

LionGuy or Blitz?

Indoor or Outdoor? lol
strait8
Starter

Hi I have been a CFL fan since1954. i went to my first game in 1958. I was 11 years old. I lived in Edmonton and idolized Jackie Parker and Johnny Bright. moved to Vancouver in 63 and attended the 1963 GC. Became a big BC fan.

Currently I travel the world for a textile company. I am currently in Bangkok for a year at our company HQ. I will be back to north America by April 2011 but will work from the USA. I watch as many games ( only one this year while I was in USA) as i can and listen to the rest.
Willie Fleming is the Best Lion ever!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

strait8 wrote:Hi I have been a CFL fan since1954. i went to my first game in 1958. I was 11 years old. I lived in Edmonton and idolized Jackie Parker and Johnny Bright. moved to Vancouver in 63 and attended the 1963 GC. Became a big BC fan.

Currently I travel the world for a textile company. I am currently in Bangkok for a year at our company HQ. I will be back to north America by April 2011 but will work from the USA. I watch as many games ( only one this year while I was in USA) as i can and listen to the rest.
Welcome, strait.

Nice thread about the all time faves.

Good memories.
34power
prospect

I've lived in Victoria since '82.
I have a wife and two young sons.
I've been following the Lions since about '74.
I remember Al Wilson, Larry Key and John-Henry White and I have the Dairy Queen Lions helmet sundae cup. :beauty:
I lost my way in the early 90s thinking that the NFL was the only football league that mattered.
These days I watch it all (CIS, NCAA, CFL, NFL) although sporadically. All these leagues have good football to offer in their own way.
I coached community and high school football for over ten years between about 1990 and 2003.
I love the running game.
I was there when Joe Barnes put a dagger in our hearts in '83, and
I was there when Lui made us leap out of our seats with joy in '94.
I hope to see Lulay, Elimimian and Davis hoist the Grey Cup in 2011.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Welcome 34power from another Victoria based Lions fan! Glad you joined-hope to hear more fromyou! :)
Real women wear orange!!
Passagliaforever
prospect

Lionheart wrote:
Passagliaforever wrote:

Jordan
Not quite yet J. First you must answer a couple questions:

Printers, or Lulay?

LionGuy or Blitz?

Indoor or Outdoor? lol

A few questions hey? I'll take the challenge...

I have to admit that I was a massive Casey Printers fan in 2006....he was league MOP...he took us to the Grey Cup....just watching him I lost my voice so many times that season...I spent so much time laughing and shaking my head because he was unbelievable to watch...the way the pocket would collapse and it looked like he'd go down...then he'd pop back up and take off running through the secondary....it was almost like watching my favorite quarterback of all time reincarnated...my favorite of all time is the legendary god Warren Moon...I guess I have 2 all time faves as Damon Allen is up there along side Moon...BUT....that being said...I love Travis Lulay....the game against Saskatchewan in the playoffs was a thing of brilliance...I think the thing with Lulay is he hasn't had time to really learn the system. The beginning of the season was demoralizing to him because it was "Printers team"...I was soreley disappiointed with Printers the second time around...I mean I will always swear undying allegiance and believe in whatever Quarterback is our leader, but Printers just completely blew it the second time around...I was so disillusioned in him it isn't even funny...it wasn't for his play on the field either...I mean yes he was playing on the torn ACL and there were times where I would openly call for Jarious or Travis to get in there...but I mean the whole thing with the temper tantrum and berating O'Neil Wilson after he threw that interception...that to me was totally against the game of football and against everything that the BC Lions stand for in my opinion anyways. I would have to answer the question about Printers or Lulay by saying I supported Casey Printers for the time when he was our leader...my favorite memories of him will always be that 2006 MOP season, I loved watching him play the game, but his time with us was marred by his attitude and his ego problems. I thought that he might do well when he came back, but he just wasn't ready I suppose. In regards to Travis Lulay I would have to say I see great potential in him. He sort of reminds me of Dave Dickenson in some ways. He isn't as smooth on the run as Casey Printers was, but he is becoming more aware of the situation with the pocket collapsing, and he can run when he needs to. He can read the field well, he doesn't seem to lock into one reciever and can look off quite well. I am excited for next season to see what happens when Lulay builds on what he showed he is capable of doing in the Saskatchewan game.

Printers or Lulay?....I would say Printers was good for the time he was here...but Lulay is the future of our team.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

strait8 wrote:Hi I have been a CFL fan since1954. i went to my first game in 1958. I was 11 years old. I lived in Edmonton and idolized Jackie Parker and Johnny Bright. moved to Vancouver in 63 and attended the 1963 GC. Became a big BC fan.

PM me if you come to Hong Kong.
We have a new client .... a major textile client that we are starting to do background checks for.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy