Wanna buy a lions Grey Cup ring?? (2000)

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Just saw this on ebay. Name says Smith. From the Lions 2000 Grey Cup Victory. I dont think I could sell something like that. Think of how hard u gotta work to earn it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-GREY-CUP-BC-LI ... 2a0b625961
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

That ring would belong to Herman Smith DE #91 1998-03

Canadian G Rob Smith left was traded in 89 and came back later to finish here so not him.

HERMAN SMITH Defensive End 6.05 277 PORTLAND STATE
Herman Smith signed with the Lions on September 2 to provide BC depth along the defensive Line. Having played in the National Football League, NFL Europe and the CFL in 1994, he brings years of playing experience to the Lions. Smith comes to the Lions after being a late cut by the Dallas Cowboys. In 1997 Smith was with the San Francisco 49ers, was released and played in London with the Monarchs where he had played the previous three years. He played with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1994, playing three games recording 5 tackles and a 1 STT. Smith has been involved with the United Way throughout his career. He has a son, Herman IV and a daughter, Jeta.

http://scottgrant.photoshelter.com/gall ... q8p1ptJVSw
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Unless the player has passed, things like this always make me sad.
Smooth
All Star

Could it be Craig Smith, the former Lions player personnel guy...?

he is with Saskatchewan now... although I will assume that it is probably the Hermanator's ring... If i recall, wasn't it up for sale a couple years back also?
Wreaker_of_Havoc
prospect

hey there,

I just happened to be the successful bidder to that ring. It's GORGEOUS.

Anyway, if anyone could help me verify the owner I would appreciate it. I am leaning towards it being Craig Smith's as the ring is a small 9.5 size and barely fits my ring finger. There is no way that Herman could get this on ANY of his appendages.

Anyway, any help you have to offer would be appreciated. I have been a Lions fan all my life and have lived in Vancouver since 1971.

Thanks.

WoH
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Wreaker_of_Havoc wrote:hey there,

I just happened to be the successful bidder to that ring. It's GORGEOUS.

Anyway, if anyone could help me verify the owner I would appreciate it. I am leaning towards it being Craig Smith's as the ring is a small 9.5 size and barely fits my ring finger. There is no way that Herman could get this on ANY of his appendages.

Anyway, any help you have to offer would be appreciated. I have been a Lions fan all my life and have lived in Vancouver since 1971.

Thanks.

WoH
Congratulations on landing the ring. I checked the bid history; if you don't mind my asking, did you use eSnipe?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Wreaker_of_Havoc
prospect

hi there,

Thank you.

No I did not us a esnipe. Actually I have never even heard of it.

I had a set figure in mind that I could go up to and bid my max on a 1 time bid with 10 seconds left. That would give the next highest bidder either no time to bid, or have to pay more than I was willing to pay. I also did not post any preliminary bids (stupid of everyone) as to not let anyone know I was interested.

Why people put bid after bid with 4 days left to go is beyond me.