Offsides by Sask Receivers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:I have to admit I continually commented out loud about their receivers being offside... I'm going to review the tape later today.

The PI call was complete bull... it was also sold like dutch soccer player. Give me a break.
I am not sure that Dressler could have caught the ball in that situation, so the PI can't be called as IR on an uncatchable pass. However the play that was dreadful to me was the Marsh denied turnover when Elimimian got called for a RP. If the ref saw that as a late hit, why didn't he see Hunt getting dragged down by a hold, and the RP was insignificant at best and certainly not the head shot that Suitor called it during the game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:Hyland blew that tackle
The LB's were nowhere to be seen. It looked like Sol and Leonard (or Anton) were just spying the QB and Clermont sliced through the middle for an easy TD. It was the wrong call at a critical time in OT. :bang:
wildthing
All Star

Lionheart wrote:I have to admit I continually commented out loud about their receivers being offside... I'm going to review the tape later today.

The PI call was complete bull... it was also sold like dutch soccer player. Give me a break.
I actually though the Riders were offside on the last TD too, but slow mo proved me wrong.

The PI was obvious, ball in the air, Marsh runs into Andy and then Turns his head. Has to be called every time because the head turn was after the contact.
Rammer
Team Captain

wildthing wrote:

I actually though the Riders were offside on the last TD too, but slow mo proved me wrong.

The PI was obvious, ball in the air, Marsh runs into Andy and then Turns his head. Has to be called every time because the head turn was after the contact.
Marsh batted the ball in front of himself, no head turning afterwards. He elevated to where Dressler couldn't dream of being, so that call was a blown PI, if we are discussing the same play.
wildthing
All Star

Rammer wrote:
wildthing wrote:

Marsh batted the ball in front of himself, no head turning afterwards. He elevated to where Dressler couldn't dream of being, so that call was a blown PI, if we are discussing the same play.
may not be the same play I am talking the PI in the endzone where Fantuz got mowed over before Mars(I think) turned his head.

You are saying Dressler so gonna have to look for that one as I don't recall that play.

Ok looked around think I know which play you are talking about. It was still PI. That is where Marsh came over the back of Dressler on a high throw on a curl type route. Ball was high, but Dressler was in front of Marsh and Marsh came over top and made contact before the ball arrived. Yes Marsh is entitled to go for the ball but he cannot go through Dressler to get it.
leeinq
Rookie

Take a look at this and tell me that Dressler was offside....

Rammer
Team Captain

leeinq wrote:Take a look at this and tell me that Dressler was offside....

While those are still photos, perhaps it is the magical ball adjustment of the center. I reviewed the game tape in slow motion and can attest that Dressler wasn't offside on that play. In fact several plays where the Riders look offside, in fact like all other teams the Riders are just pushing the envelope with their motion.