Calgary or Sask. in the West Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who is everyone pulling for in the Western final now.

Poll ended at Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Calgary
72%
Saskatchewan
28%

Total votes: 29
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

I'm cheering for Calgary. With Hamilton out of the playoffs I'd like to see another Calgary-Montreal Grey Cup. Somehow you just never what is going to happen when those two teams are going at it.
Roar Lions Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:I must continue to insist for a meteor option in these polls.

dingdingding! :yahoo:
Real women wear orange!!
Anglophone
All Star

I hate to say it, but I want Sask to win.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:I hate to say it, but I want Sask to win.
There's some merit in that POV. Is it better to be eliminated by the eventual champion, or, say, to fall by the hands of the team who were beaten by the team who were beaten by the champions? OTOH, we were also 3-0 in road games against the eventual top division seeds.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
joe kapp22
Legend

Have to go with Calgary, I just like them a bit better than the Riders.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Not really pulling for either but I expect that Calgary will mow down the wheaties especially if they take a whole half to start playing.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.