Rider Game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

C'mon be fair, he had great coverage. Those were just some sick catches, if he was any closer there would have been flags.
smphantom
Legend

Lionheart wrote:C'mon be fair, he had great coverage. Those were just some sick catches, if he was any closer there would have been flags.
Not just last game, his coverage has been average all season.
Stay thirsty my friends.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

if a meteor hits Riders practice midweek. ;)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:
-if we exploit the Riders porus run defence especially if Barrin Simpson is not playing
Good idea, but defensive weaknesses mean very little to our offensive scheming. In our first Rider game this season, they had a rookie corner who got burned real bad in his previous game. But we totally ignored him the entire game and attacked their strengths instead. So to say we should establish the run or target an injured Simpson is wishful thinking. We will run the plays we want to run, regardless of what the defence does. I don't think we can all of a sudden have Robertson rush 20 times or make Messam a feature back. I don't think Messam has hardly touched the ball since his fumble against Hamilton? I'd like to see Davis get the ball in space, but he doesn't seem part of the offence at this time. We know the Riders will stack the box and blitz a lot and our OL will wiff some blocks. And we'll run up the middle and have Travis stand back there and try to dodge them. It's hard to reinvent the wheel at this point. :wink:
Very true. All teams attack attack the other team's weakness except us. We'll probably see Robertson diving into the line for 2 yards on first down followed by a 7 yard pass.
joe kapp22
Legend

-if we don't turn the ball over

-if we get more production out of Special Teams

-if the Defence tackles well
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:
-if we exploit the Riders porus run defence especially if Barrin Simpson is not playing
Good idea, but defensive weaknesses mean very little to our offensive scheming. In our first Rider game this season, they had a rookie corner who got burned real bad in his previous game. But we totally ignored him the entire game and attacked their strengths instead. So to say we should establish the run or target an injured Simpson is wishful thinking. We will run the plays we want to run, regardless of what the defence does. I don't think we can all of a sudden have Robertson rush 20 times or make Messam a feature back. I don't think Messam has hardly touched the ball since his fumble against Hamilton? I'd like to see Davis get the ball in space, but he doesn't seem part of the offence at this time. We know the Riders will stack the box and blitz a lot and our OL will wiff some blocks. And we'll run up the middle and have Travis stand back there and try to dodge them. It's hard to reinvent the wheel at this point. :wink:
Very true. All teams attack attack the other team's weakness except us. We'll probably see Robertson diving into the line for 2 yards on first down followed by a 7 yard pass.

That would be funny except that is so true. Lions game preparation...we have mastered the A gap run handoff, anything else would be deemed difficult, so that is our running game, except the ever impressive handoff to Arceneuax to fool any D that expects our A gap run. Then we know that they are going to blitz us, so now we can dump off to Robertson, and he will get us 10 yards of YAC, as they never cover him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

Does anybody remember this? I don't know why it happened, but wow did they stink!!!
Sun Sep 12 Saskatchewan 2 Winnipeg 31

Hey...it could happen again. Although they're playing at home.
But 2 points????
Go Lions! Take advantage of their errors.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Rammer
Team Captain

zark wrote:Does anybody remember this? I don't know why it happened, but wow did they stink!!!
Sun Sep 12 Saskatchewan 2 Winnipeg 31

Hey...it could happen again. Although they're playing at home.
But 2 points????
Go Lions! Take advantage of their errors.
While the Riders got two points that game they didn't get any, this game there isn't any points to take home if you lose either way.

Bombers front 7 were a nightmare for the Riders, the beginning of the chink in the armour in the end.
Entertainment value = an all time low
prj
Starter

I think swervinmerv has it right, though my order would have been a bit different.

First, contain Durant, that means no inside moves by the DE; stay in the outside lane.
Second, run the ball ... lots ... let the hogs be positive for a change.
Third, on D, don't give away the deep middle ... TC's weakness.
Fourth, avoid mistakes. Travis is good at this, or at least, he has been.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:
Or worse; a pass to whomever for 8 yards and then the automatic give to Robertson up the middle for half a yard. Or......second and 13, throw for 6
The_Pauser
Legend

The Lions will beat the Riders if the Lions score more points than the Riders.

I win? :wink:
Roar you Lions roar!
zark
Champion

I was thinking of doing that, along with everyone else on this sight. Ha-...ha...ha...yawn.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
David
Team Captain

We will have to spy Durant, especially in the red zone. He burned us 2x for touchdowns on the quarterback draw in the 8/12 game in Regina, and successfully pulled off a naked bootleg last week. Esks' LB Rod Davis bit harder on the play than Kirstie Alley on her last Weight Watcher cookie.

It's been mentioned here many times, but the pass rush simply has to get better. I'm surprised the club hasn't experimented with rotating Brown/Johnson at one end position with Williams at the other, and Hunt and Mitchell inside.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
korey&dante4ever
Champion

David wrote:It's been mentioned here many times, but the pass rush simply has to get better. I'm surprised the club hasn't experimented with rotating Brown/Johnson at one end position with Williams at the other, and Hunt and Mitchell inside.
same here.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.