Lions 23 - TiCats 21, Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

swervynmerv
Legend

In the words of Loyd Christmass: " so you are saying there's a chance!!"

GO RIDERS!!!!
pennw
Legend

[quote="Big Time"I was absolutely DYING to see them stretch the field more. The most frustrating play that a team can run is when they don't even give themselves a chance. If it is 2nd and 10, throw the ball at LEAST 10 yards! This isn't brain surgery! The play calling was so bloody conservative in the first half I felt like they were trying to lose. It's almost like the Lions win in spite of their offensive coordinator.

[/quote] They threw for 424 yards , it did not happen 5 yds at a time . But hey, I'm sure Chap will be reaming out Lulay for his rebellion .
Big Time
Champion

The point I was making is that in the FIRST HALF they weren't doing this consistently. Chap only opens up the playbook when he has to, and rarely calls any medium or long plays until he has no choice. I find this extremely frustrating because if he stretched the defense earlier, some of that short ball crap that he likes to call might actually be more effective.

As for Lulay, I got the impression that some of those big plays had more to do with his scrambling and improvising than on any set plays called by Chap.
Leothelion
All Star

short stuff is what ball control is and they did throw longer passes in the first half. don't you people ever give up your criticism. you are showing your lack of football knowledge. Chaps is a good offensive co-ordinator and will be back along with Whally next year and they will finish first. Chaps just needed a good qb to run the offense, obviously that was not printers.

leo
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:Okay, happy with the result, so I don't want to be too negative but....

CHAPDELAINE - If you are still on this team next year, I am giving up my season tickets. Two questions:

How many times do you have to throw the ball 15 yards wide to Jamal Robertson to see him make a 2 or 3 yard gain before you realize that this play doesn't work?

How many times do you have to face 2nd and long and throw the ball on a 1 yard out?
Give Chappy some credit Big Time, it took him five year to get comfortable with a hitch pass or screen throw up until to this point.

Do you want to give him a complex at this jucture? :tease:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
D
Team Captain

pennw wrote:
Big Time wrote:I was absolutely DYING to see them stretch the field more. The most frustrating play that a team can run is when they don't even give themselves a chance. If it is 2nd and 10, throw the ball at LEAST 10 yards! This isn't brain surgery! The play calling was so bloody conservative in the first half I felt like they were trying to lose. It's almost like the Lions win in spite of their offensive coordinator.
They threw for 424 yards , it did not happen 5 yds at a time . But hey, I'm sure Chap will be reaming out Lulay for his rebellion .
Big Time was questioning the calls on 2nd and 10 situations not the total yards thrown by Lulay. Lulay had a GREAT game! Altho I agree with you big time I think because of Lulay's in experience they are also trying to keep his confidence up and that is why a lot of the dinky passes ... a piece is better than nothing I suppose but yes I do agree they need to throw far enough to get the 1st downs
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote: Chap only opens up the playbook when he has to, and rarely calls any medium or long plays until he has no choice.
As for Lulay, I got the impression that some of those big plays had more to do with his scrambling and improvising than on any set plays called by Chap.
Once again, Lulay decided he wanted to win the game even if The Chap was not capable of calling plays that would result in a victory.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Belize City Lion wrote:Once again, Lulay decided he wanted to win the game even if The Chap was not capable of calling plays that would result in a victory.
Really?
Big Time
Champion

D wrote: Big Time was questioning the calls on 2nd and 10 situations not the total yards thrown by Lulay. Lulay had a GREAT game! Altho I agree with you big time I think because of Lulay's in experience they are also trying to keep his confidence up and that is why a lot of the dinky passes ... a piece is better than nothing I suppose but yes I do agree they need to throw far enough to get the 1st downs
Fair enough. I suppose there is some merit in having a completion if it helps Lulay build some momentum.

And in case I didn't make it clear, Lulay played a GREAT game. This was the biggest game of the season and we got our best QB performance of the year at exactly the right time. I absolutely LOVE seeing someone step up when it matters most. Lulay and Arceneaux, you both deserve a hand :cheer:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Awesome win. Next up, a trip to Farmville

For the doubters, do you think Lulay and Arceneaux improvised those plays? C'mon man, the OC is only as good as the execution.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Awesome win. Next up, a trip to Farmville

For the doubters, do you think Lulay and Arceneaux improvised those plays? C'mon man, the OC is only as good as the execution.
Oh Man...

Doubters in Jacques Chapdelaine?

A leading troll question if I've ever heard one.
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
smphantom
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:

Black :thup:
Steven yes, but Rod Black = :thdn: :thdn: :puke:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Blitz
Team Captain

It was a big win for us...huge..although it looked dismal for a while.

Our offence did not get the big plays from our special teams that they are used to. However, we did hit Arsenault for three big yardage plays that were very important. The last one wasn't a catch but we got lucky with replay.

Offensively, we struggled a lot, until the fourth quarter. The key drive was when we got our big break off two rough plays on the quarterback which really allowed us to bring the game close.

We finished the season with 8 wins and 10 losses. Printers got four of those wins for us as our starting quarterback and Lulay picked up his fourth win as our starter this season by beating Hamilton today. I was almost ready for us to insert Jarious Jackson into the game with 8 minutes left but that was when our offence really got moving again, aided by those key penalties and the long throw to Arsenault.

The defense came up big on the final drive and we got our victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

we're going to the top buddy so don't get in our way.