Lions part ways with Casey Printers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

pennw
Legend

Blitz wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Despite vehement denials by Geroy Simon and other vets at the time, there may be some truth to the rumours that Printers was a cancer in the dressing room in his earlier stint with the Lions.

Nope, most liked him. However, the Dickenson 'contigent' as they were referred to, which was a small group ...Reid, Clermont, Dickenson, Brent Johnson, and coach Chapdelaine, had strong negative feelings toward Printers. Buck hung around but was not a part of it. Murphy joined the group in 2006 but Printers was gone by then. The rest of the Leo players either supported Printers during his first stint here or were neutral. Guys like Geroy Simon, Jarious Jackson,Ryan Thelwell, Barrin Simpson were strong advocates of Printers.
Really ??? And just how do you know all this stuff all the time ? Until you start proving some of your stuff you'll just viewed as nothing more , in my view as big bs'er .
I too see Angus as a spokesman for the team , the guy who says stuff that his coaches can't say and is speaking for his teammates . This stuff needs to be told in these circumstances . To those slagging Reid , get real , are you saying it's better for us all to be left in the dark ? That way we can all just blindly follow everything some self-professed insider and believe everything he says , right ?
Sorry but , I believe Angus over anyone here .
bclions16
Champion

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:nah, it was his white Lincoln Navigator.....WCJ was just funnin ya, but it was there when we left.
DANG! I was really hoping he actually drove a van, would have gone great with the motivational speaking thing...
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Geroy won't see it Angus Reid way. How does that make for team unity?

I still don't see how the Lions can condone an assault in the locker room against Paris Jackson and get their panties in a twist over Printers chewing out the inept receiver Wilson who made not a scintilla of effort to come back to that pass. This suggests that mediocrity trumps comments made in the heat of the battle. Secondly if Wally is right that they were losing confidence in Casey it seems that CP if he felt that might have been a bit justified to be miffed at the lack of interest in saving that pass from the INT as that pass meant his job possibly (which in my view it did not the arguing).

So if you are a BC Lion the message is:

> you can be mediocre and inept and never fearful of a sharp tongue from a team member (Hey CP was wrong and it needed correcting).

> you can take penalties for personal shots at an opponent if he done you wrong even if it costs the game - no need to fear reprisals from the coaches.

> you can assault a team member and take away from his on field abilities for a few weeks and break his jaw or whatever the punch did over a parking spot and not fear either the police investigating or the Lions putting a damper on that stuff as that is the players room according to Wally.

But heaven help you if the coach is losing confidence in you and you are sent out to win it in OT and you give a player a berating who does nothing to prevent an INT as you will be gone.

This is a ship that is in a sorry state this year.

Reid who I normally admire has gone off at the mouth wrongly. No player should make comments on another player as not everyone on that team feels that CP is a bad guy or should be gone. It is not his job to do that and he should have kept quiet. Wilson took the high road - although he should as he did not seem to be on his game on that play.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
pennw
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:Geroy won't see it Angus Reid way. How does that make for team unity?

I still don't see how the Lions can condone an assault in the locker room against Paris Jackson and get their panties in a twist over Printers chewing out the inept receiver Wilson who made not a scintilla of effort to come back to that pass. This suggests that mediocrity trumps comments made in the heat of the battle. Secondly if Wally is right that they were losing confidence in Casey it seems that CP if he felt that might have been a bit justified to be miffed at the lack of interest in saving that pass from the INT as that pass meant his job possibly (which in my view it did not the arguing).

So if you are a BC Lion the message is:

> you can be mediocre and inept and never fearful of a sharp tongue from a team member (Hey CP was wrong and it needed correcting).

> you can take penalties for personal shots at an opponent if he done you wrong even if it costs the game - no need to fear reprisals from the coaches.

> you can assault a team member and take away from his on field abilities for a few weeks and break his jaw or whatever the punch did over a parking spot and not fear either the police investigating or the Lions putting a damper on that stuff as that is the players room according to Wally.

But heaven help you if the coach is losing confidence in you and you are sent out to win it in OT and you give a player a berating who does nothing to prevent an INT as you will be gone.

This is a ship that is in a sorry state this year.

Reid who I normally admire has gone off at the mouth wrongly. No player should make comments on another player as not everyone on that team feels that CP is a bad guy or should be gone. It is not his job to do that and he should have kept quiet. Wilson took the high road - although he should as he did not seem to be on his game on that play.
Are you privvy to the inside of the organization too ? Or just your opinion ? No Reid did right , so you are saying us the fans should just be kept in the dark , too ? Better to be in the dark and just believe all the stuff made up by some on this site instead , right ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:Geroy won't see it Angus Reid way. How does that make for team unity?
Geroy was on Team1040 today. He chose his words carefully but said the scene was pretty bad in the locker-room after the game. That's the Casey meltdown that Wally called "garbage." He didn't see the onfield one. Strangely, the only player I've heard defend Casey is O'Neil Wilson, the target of the initial tirade.
truth-hurts
Rookie

Blitz wrote:

Nope, most liked him. However, the Dickenson 'contigent' as they were referred to, which was a small group ...Reid, Clermont, Dickenson, Brent Johnson, and coach Chapdelaine, had strong negative feelings toward Printers. Buck hung around but was not a part of it. Murphy joined the group in 2006 but Printers was gone by then. The rest of the Leo players either supported Printers during his first stint here or were neutral. Guys like Geroy Simon, Jarious Jackson,Ryan Thelwell, Barrin Simpson were strong advocates of Printers.

Blitz, please don't use other people's names saying things YOU feel are true! These are only YOUR opinions and you have no right to make these statements on behalf of these players and coaches! I am very shocked you would go as far as using names of people like that when I KNOW FOR A FACT they don't feel that way about Printers. I will not state how I know this because it's none of your business but trust if any of these guys who you wrote wrongly about read your comments they would be the first to say that you have no idea what you're talking about!
Blitz
Team Captain

truth-hurts wrote:
Blitz wrote:

Blitz, please don't use other people's names saying things YOU feel are true! These are only YOUR opinions and you have no right to make these statements on behalf of these players and coaches! I am very shocked you would go as far as using names of people like that when I KNOW FOR A FACT they don't feel that way about Printers. I will not state how I know this because it's none of your business but trust if any of these guys who you wrote wrongly about read your comments they would be the first to say that you have no idea what you're talking about!
Oh really? First of all, I didn't make the statement on behalf of the players mentioned. You've already heard what Angus had to say publically. Rob Murphy made his comments very public as well, when Printers returned for a visit for the playoff game and Murphy said he was not welcome to visit the dressing room. Murphy had never even played with Printers.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
hwgill
Legend

Blitz is attacked because he says things that a few people disagree with? Blitz knows more about football and the Leos than anyone here. Talking down to him like that is at best insulting.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
bclions16
Champion

hwgill wrote:Blitz is attacked because he says things that a few people disagree with? Blitz knows more about football and the Leos than anyone here. Talking down to him like that is at best insulting.
That may or may not be true. People are questioning is knowledge of lockeroom and personal situations with players, not the x's and o's of football. I've had my run ins with Blitz, but never once regarding his footfall expertise. In fact I can't recall anyone questionging him in this regard.

Making declarations of fact with nothing to back it up might be insulting to others.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Just watched Jarius Jackson suggest that what was said by CP in the dressing maybe needed to be said. Geroy is careful yes as he needs to be.

Printers was wrong and it is not something that should be done.

For the life of me I cannot understand how the punch up in the Leo room that damaged a starting receivers jaw is not an issue with Wally but a highly paid guy like Printers is cut. Funny thing the Lions will stay have to pay him and get nothing for him.

For what it's worth, I have no trouble with Blitz posting his views as that is what fan boards are for. Truth has posted 23 times .. yah we're listening to you. Blitz gives his take ... we all dont' have to agree nor do we ...but differing views are fine and truth type posts to discredit someone are frustrating. Troll type post?
hwgill
Legend

bclions16 wrote:
hwgill wrote:Blitz is attacked because he says things that a few people disagree with? Blitz knows more about football and the Leos than anyone here. Talking down to him like that is at best insulting.
That may or may not be true. People are questioning is knowledge of lockeroom and personal situations with players, not the x's and o's of football. I've had my run ins with Blitz, but never once regarding his footfall expertise. In fact I can't recall anyone questionging him in this regard.

Making declarations of fact with nothing to back it up might be insulting to others.
You guys also forget that Blitz specifies in his sig that he has been a guest coach for the Leos in the past. Do you not think that that may have given him a pipeline in to the locker room even today?

I would sooner trust Blitz's assessment(s) than the questioning of others who disagree with his assessment(s)...especially when it appears that the questioning ONLY occurs when disagreement pops up.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
pennw
Legend

hwgill wrote:
bclions16 wrote:

You guys also forget that Blitz specifies in his sig that he has been a guest coach for the Leos in the past. Do you not think that that may have given him a pipeline in to the locker room even today?

I would sooner trust Blitz's assessment(s) than the questioning of others who disagree with his assessment(s)...especially when it appears that the questioning ONLY occurs when disagreement pops up.
Do you really believe that Wally Bouno ( and the players for that matter ) would continue to tell Blitz all the stuff they got going behind closed doors just so he can keep on posting on here bad-mouthing him ? I don't care what it says in his sig . Maybe he actually once did some guest coaching stints , but I can't see him having any relationship with them anymore whatsoever with the stuff he posts on here .
I don't question his football knowledge , but do question the way he posts on here . He goes beyond just simple football logic in his posts . He makes many subtle insulting little remarks toward those who disagree with his views and has been doing so for years . For instance continually referring to those who have a differing opinion of Printers as "haters" . How does he know if those who don't think CP is our best QB , hate him ? I don't think he's our best QB , and that Wally did the right thing in this particular instance but I don't hate Printers . I'm actually quite saddened to see it end this way and feel very bad for him . But it was something that had to be done and the stuff Angus has been saying , someone from with in the Team had to come out and tell us what is going on there . And he's being basically back-stabbed here by supposedly loyal BC (including Blitz) fans for doing so. He and (and many others ) seem to think it better for the Team to keep us in the dark about it . Why ? I do question that , and have a hard time believing the team would keep providing the Blitz with insider info while he's always on here basically betraying the trust they would be putting in him them .
I mean do you really think the Chap would tell Blitz what he's thinking about Printers only to have Blitz write so many threads ripping Chap apart ? Sooner or later he's going to get questioned if going to post like that . I'm having a harder time believing what he says all the time due to this sort of thing . If he actually was a guest coach , how long ago was that ? The 70's ? or the 60's ?
I don't believe in giving a guy a status on here where he can't be questioned ? We can second guess Wally Bouno but not Blitz ?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Get overself pennw.... You are posting ridiculous claims to say that someone on LB is backstabbing Lion players.

Blitz is doing nothing that reporters don't. If you don't like his stuff why read it... but please stop attacking posters many of us enjoy reading.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I think a lot of the non x/o stuff that Blitz has written about players and coaches may appear as insider stuff but is actually based on common knowledge stuff i.e. articles in the media. If you read all the media, go to practices, talk to reporters and basically study the team then it becomes a lot easier to read between the lines when listening to coaches and players.

BTW I find it quite amusing to observe how much more bickering there is on this site after a loss as compared to after a win. In fact because it has been such a terrible season for the Lions it has been not too enjoyable but it has created some very interesting discussions.
pennw
Legend

No Toppy van I'm not going to be quite and go away . Calling posters to account is attacking them ? To me Blitz isn't above than any other poster here and I'll call him to account to just like I'll do to anyone else who is posting questionable stuff . I'm not a blind sheep like some here appear to be and just believe anything he posts , just because he's Blitz . I've liked reading many of his posts in the past too , but with the Printers/Dickenson stuff, he's damaged his rep somewhat IMO.
I don't believe he knows what the Chap is ordering his QB's to do , among various other things . Why would Chap tell him that , just so he could blab it all over the internet ? Do you yourself believe that ? But we're supposed to believe stuff like that . When Lulay has come in last couple of games , he demonstrates clearly that the QB can do a bunch of stuff that Printers wouldn't do , like take off with the ball for instance . So we get a far -fetched explanation , that that just hasn't been coached out of him yet . We're supposed to believe that ? Sorry but not all of us on here are blind sheep . Really , I'm sure Chap is thinking to himself , "Lulay you idiot , why did you run and get a first down , instead of taking a sack !" Yet that is the type of nonsense being proposed by Blitz and some others here .
As far as Casey is concerned he may very well have hurt his ankle , but he seems to be able to run okay as long as it's backwards or sideways , just not forward and hasn't hardly run for any first downs since '04 . IMO that's why there is so much heat on him , every defense knows it , that he panics when they bring the heat , so they do every play. He actually got them to back off early last game when he did run for a couple and managed to look good at first because of it . And no I don't believe the Chap got mad at him for that therefore he stopped , because Lulay did it all game long.
DanoT I agree with what you say , that the stuff Blitz gets is only common knowledge stuff like anyone else would get . That is why I'm asking for proof of where some of the stuff comes from , because it wasn't all common knowledge stuff that he has posted .ie ; what Chap tells his QB's to do and what they aren't allowed to do , what certain players are thinking , etc .
I don't like getting into confrontational stuff on the internet anymore , but the stuff(about the Printers affair ) I've seen here about Reid and WB has been extreme , as well as very unjust and plain wrong . I've criticized Wally many times myself , but the stuff now has been very wrong . The the stuff being said about Lulay has been very wrong too , and I felt the need to step in and defend them against all the slander (which IMO it has degenerated into).